“NICE MEAL” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“NICE MEAL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Food was very nice but service was not so good. The restaurant appeared not to have enough wait staff for the number of customers. They had difficulty in servicing the transition from one sitting to the next. It took a long time to order but once served the meal was delivered promptly.

Visited September 2013

Gosford, Australia
“Party Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Food was excellent - The Chef was very entertaining and the rest of the staff were all very helpful - We thought the prices were very reasonable for the service recieved.

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was so looking forward to a recent Teppanyaki experience whilst visiting Canberra last week after a break of some years. Unfortunately our visit to Wasabii was a less than memorable dining experience...and not because of the setting, service or entertaining staff. The food just wasn't good!
My friend and I both chose the $35 banquet (the cheapest of 5 choices from memory) which included a decent array of meat, fish & vegetable selections along with rice dishes & dessert.
Everything was terribly oily and greasy, the chicken skewers were under cooked, the beef was tough, many spillages that didn't quite make it to the plate or mouth (during entertaining moments shared with others at the bbq) were left to sit in & amongst our plates & glassware until we asked for them to be cleared (noone was in a hurry) and nothing tasted flavoursome at all.....in fact each dish tasted pretty much the same as the one before!
There's got to be better options around.... fortunately for me I live in Melbourne where we are just so spoilt for great dining options!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“average teppanyaki”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

went here for my son's 18th birthday. he invited two friends, so all in all we paid over 400dollar for the meal... which was just average, nothing more, nothing less. the chef was good, and played with the food and his guests as you would expect, but his skills were sloppy, i have seen it better and the food was reasonable, but could have been much better. drinks were nice. service was good and attentive.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
“I won't go back...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I love Japanese cuisine and really love Teppanyaki...But I was so disappointed with this restaurant...I booked the table at 6pm and I had to wait for 45 minutes to be served...The food was overcooked and very salty...I totally agree with some reviews about the chef...He commented me "Don't be bored like that" when I was not happy for him to throw the egg and bowl of fried rice at me...I have been to some Teppanyaki restaurants in Hawaii and it was such a great experience... The cooking show didn't involve throwing things at customers but the chef demonstrated a lot of their great cooking skills...I don't recommend this restaurant and won't be back there...

• Visited March 2013