“Lunch stop between Hexham and Blanchland.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travellers Rest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Slaley
Travellers Rest Inn
You added Travellers Rest Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   Slaley, Hexham NE46 1TT , England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Slaley B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Here
“Lunch stop between Hexham and Blanchland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Bank Hol Monday and the car park was a challenge to get into. But in a way that's good coz it shows that the pub is popular. And being a somewhat "out-of-the-way" pub being popular means being good. And it was. In fact it was very good. The bar-staff were superb, overworked but coping with it. I hope they get paid well coz they deserve it. Food-wise it was definitely value for money. But more importantly the food was great. Good portions and cooked "just right". I don't like recommending items off a menu however I do have to recommend the potato skins starter.. Overall the Travellers Inn is a "must do" if your in the area, give or take 20 miles or so. Last bit from me.. The ladies who were behind the bar, serving food, clearing tables, pulling pints, taking orders... etc... were great. They even took a few mins out from their very busy workload to chat about the pub and it's background (read the words on the flyer about the pub) If/when I'm in the area again I know where I will stop for lunch.. The Travellers Rest.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Northumberland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to go to the Travellers Rest Inn on Saturday evening for a bar meal, the service is second to none the bar staff worked extremely hard and were extremely pleasant, a number of items from the menu were not available, I chose the garlic mushrooms, however, my son thought I had chosen the mushroom soup, the food was very tasty but too much sauce, my wife and son had the tempura black pudding which was extremely tasty. My son and I chose the venison cobbler and sadly again there was far too much sauce with the cobbler, although again very tasty. The sweet menu had quite and extensive choice and whilst I abstained my wife and son enjoyed creme brûlée, which was well presented. Again throughout the whole service the staff were attentive without being intrusive. The cost was very modest, and to make the evening more enjoyable the Travellers Rest Inn is a dog friendly establishment. I would certainly recommend that you try the Travellers Rest Inn, despite my comments we will most certainly be visiting again in the near future.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Two wet and windy days in March with Fergus the dog. The bar was excellent, with a good range of beer, real fires and a great atmosphere. Fantastic food, good rooms and superb staff. Shame about the weather, but it was March.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Leeds, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

Visited the Travellers Inn as a group of 13, booking late (about 2 hours before visit).

The Travellers is about 4 miles from Slaley Hall - the beer and food is a lot cheaper - with a better selection than Slaley Hall.

We found the staff very friendly and accommodating.

Good selection of draft beers and a good varied menu.

The two dishes my wife and I selected were excellent and were really enjoyed - calves liver with mash and the chicken stroganoff. There were no complaints for any of our party.

About £10 for a minibus if 8 people from Slaley Hall to the pub.

• Stayed March 2015
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

I've not seen the bed now breakfast side so cannot give a full star rating. What I can say as a publican the service, quality of food is excellent. The pub is clean gents toilets are also hygienic. I would recommend the steak and ale pie with real chips. 10/10.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Had a really great three night break staying in this Northumberland pub. Situated in lovely countryside with good walks right from the door but not far from the comparative activity of Hexham and Tynedale. We had a comfortable room and enjoyed the food which we thought was well above the expected standard. The breakfast choice was superb. The owners are very welcoming and the pub is obviously part of the local community. Pretty much everything you would want from a pub break.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Guilderland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

My sig other and I stopped in for dinner one evening. The bar/restaurant had a nice, cozy atmosphere and the staff was friendly. I had the Cream of mushroom & Stint (bleu cheese) Soup to start, served with WARM bread. The soup was tasty; I could taste the cheese but it wasn't overpowering. MUCH better than a regular cream of mushroom. For dunner I had one of the specials: Pan fried saddle of venison, chestnuts & pancetta w/ brandy creak sauce. This is the main reason I'm bothering to write a review. It was the best dinner I've had in quite awhile!!! The venison was perfectly medium rare (leaning towards rare), and tender. The sauce was amazing. I was sad when it was over. I would definitely stop in here again, if we're ever in the area again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travellers Rest Inn? Share your experiences!