Visited in a group of 16 for weekend golf break.Atrocious weather en route and roads flooded and only just passable.No surprise on arrival that course closed,but amazingly after a few hours the rain eased and course opened for play.Played the Hunting Course that afternoon and in view of the amount of water that had dropped on it was in amazingly good condition with pristine greens with no standing water.Must be the best of the De Vere courses.
Hotel and facilities excellent and the Priestman Course on day 2 whilst not up to the standard of the Hunting was also a good test of golf.
Excellent value with a discount for the party on the bar prices which is the main gripe with most people on this type of break.
Overall highly recommended
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel Hexham
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hexham
- Slaley Hall
- Hall Hotel Slaley
- De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel
- Hall Slaley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not 100, not 500 but 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest play home to this magnificent, elegant Edwardian mansion. That the interiors are almost as dramatic as the exterior says it all. This is very old world grandeur with a modern twist. Bask in the warmth of the reception you receive on arrival, dine at Hadrian's Brasserie, or at the Duke's Grill. Indulge with a vichy water spa treatment or just flop in the fantastic indoor pool. The great outdoors doesn’t get much greater. After a bracing country walk in the wilds, or round on our championship golf course, retire to the Claret Jug and the 19th Bar for a stiff brandy. Surely you deserve it ? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your De Vere Slaley Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.