“Angsana - Mother daughter review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Lang Co

You added Angsana Lang Co to your Saves list
Angsana Lang Co
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Cu Du Village, Loc Vinh Commune, Phu Loc 59000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Phu Loc
London, United Kingdom
“Angsana - Mother daughter review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really a dream idyllic isolated resort. We too had the beaches to ourselves and 300m pool to enjoy. However being new, this still feels like a work in progress:

A few translation errors from staff due to developing English language skills- wrong room service order arrived due to misunderstanding of staff. However they did apologise and correct the order promptly. Occassionally front desk staff had to transfer clients to other colleagues again due to language errors. Additionally on check out whilst on transfer to airport the driver was rung by front desk and he asked if "I could check my luggage for a beach bag as housekeeping thought one was missing". This is not only rude, but also confrontational and ended a delightful stay on a poor accusatory note. Maybe check pre-departure and then ASK before ACCUSING! I presume the bag was found in the location I specified as no further call occurred. Although the day pre-departure the manager confirmed our flight time, on leaving the resort the front desk staff did not and we arrived 4 hours early as our flight had been delayed!! Not really 5 star service. On the 15th June an umbrella spoke "stabbed" my mother on the beach in Banyan Tree. Although staff acted promptly and gave water (and should be praised for efficiency), the same umbrella was put back up and tied by the same rope which had unwound. Fortunately no real ill event occurred but there was no follow up re: safety and client welfare.

The spa masseurs really were world class! Although spa front desk staff had very little knowledge of treatments, did not know how to turn on steam/sauna (I did this for them), and did NOT warn clients that not same sex staff might be in changing rooms unannounced!!

There were many positives too:
An amazing location and the staff and cleanliness were impeccable. There was constant maintanence of the pool and of our room. We were upgraded due to loud "toads" immediately without delay. It is amazing that 70% of staff come from the local area and the ethos of the resort is sound.

Saffron restaurant and its chef really deserve an applause. They made my mother's birthday amazing and memorable and pulled out all of the stops. The food was 5 star and surprisingly reasonable. The staff actually recommended that 2 portions may be too much and were right!

The other restaurants were of good standard and the breakfast staff were correct in number and approach.

Overall-still a work in progress, but staff were very friendly and helpful. Will be amazing with a few tweaks and further training.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent - but definitely opt for one with a pool!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ridwan_Heriyadi, General Manager at Angsana Lang Co, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Ms. A.D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. We do apologize again for the staff member attitude. We have looked into a better way to get advance notice of flight changes so we could share it on timely manner to our guests. We had surely shared your feedback with the team members. Your comments on the language skill is very much appreciated. We will work harder to improve this skill. We look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Lang Co.

Ridwan Heriyadi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I just came back from the Angsana Lang Co resort recently for 3 nights. We originally booked the Premier Room and got upgraded to a Single Bedroom Pool Suite. Our room was amazing, spacious, newly furnished. There is a nice garden outside with a private pool. It was such a nice environment that we decided to ordered room service one night for dinner and dine outside at our garden. There is also on demand video and music in your room. If you are deciding what type of room to book; I would recommend at least a Premier Room (also with a mini private pool) or pay extra for a Single Bedroom Suite. Forget about the Deluxe Room.

The pool was AMAZING! It is so Huge and runs thru the whole resort. It took me at least 15 minutes to complete one lap around the pool. There is one main pool at the front with waterways connects to two other pool at the back. Is purely amazing and I have never seen such a pool before. The hotel staff will bring you towels, cold water and fresh fruits for you once you are at the poolside. Wifi is available thru out the resort even at the beach too, so you won't miss a beat.

The hotel is situated about 1 hour from Da Nang airport (basically is in the middle of no where). Once you are in the resort, you will not get out. There is no convenient store nearby so you might want to stock up the stuff you need before hand. The hotel was pretty quiet when we stayed; I am not sure if it is because the hotel is still relatively new and nobody knows about this or what. It was definitely very peaceful.

Since the hotel is in the middle of no where, you pretty much have to dine within the resort or dine next door at the Banyan Tree. Just like the other reviews, the restaurants are the only downside (took away 1 star because of that). We tried the Water Court and Azura at the Banyan Tree and they were not very good and pretty pricey. Moomba was ok. Unlike some of the other reviews, I thought the breakfast was not too bad.

The resort also offer a free shuttle to Hoi An (which is 2 hours away). My wife and I enjoyed the trip. Remember to eat at "Seedings" - located where the drop off point is in Hoi An (you can;t miss). We had the best meal of our trip there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/s Non_SH,

Thank you for sharing your Angsana experience. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable time with us. We have taken note of your comment about our restaurant. we will improve it to meet our guests' expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Lang Co.

brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is brand new. I think they were only open in April. They shared the complex with Banyan Tree. We had a one bed room suite with a plunge pool. The room is spacious and the amenities are quite nice. Since it is new, the occupancy was really low. We had the whole pool and beach to ourselves for the first day. We also had the whole restaurant for our buffet breakfast.

Staffs were attentive and courteous. They even made some decorations for our anniversary dinner. It was a nice touch.

The only down side is the location. The hotel is about 50kms away from Da Nang. Heck, it was almost 25km from the hotel to the highway. They should consider providing a daily shuttle to Da Nang instead of Hoi An.

We were there for 3 days and we have practically tried all the restaurants in Angsana and Banyan Tree. It was surprising that no French restaurant was available though. Food quality was only average.

Overall, it was a very nice short vacation.

Room Tip: Should really go for the one bed room suite or the loft.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/s. Chantaimen,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us. We have taken note of the comment on the shuttle bus, food and restaurant for further improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Lang Co.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed a weekend with my girlfriend and I was impressed by the whole, and amazed by the details.

First thing to bring you into a luxury, relaxation and "away" feeling is the way there. At one hour from the Danang airport, the last half of the hour drive goes through amazing scenary crossing a refreshing forest and some villages. The resort has financed the road and it shows. It is a very enjoyable way.

Second thing, of course, it is the overall design of the resort complex where Angsana and BanyanTree are cleverly integrated by canals and toy hill ways, all decorated by the typical color paper lamps of Hoi An. A note must be said that I don't like particularly the architectonic concept of the building, but that goes around tastes, not about its quality.

And final first impression to last is the swimming pool which it is designed as a simple maze of waterways that look like veins in the hotel public places. Really inviting to spend the day there.

A tip to the hat and applausse to management for the good training of the staff. Against my expectations in a country which does not excel for service, moreso in a remote area, staff was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and respectful. A kind advice to management without affecting that impression: Look for the right time to be helpful. If I'm talking to my partner, being interrupted to have a friendly chat about where do we live, how we find the place... is not a good time. But I would rather be interrupted for that, than to miss such niceness altogether.

Regarding the beach that is so criticized in the Banyan Tree reviews, while it is true that i is not a Caribbean or El Nido white sandy beach (sand has a dull reddish-brownish tone), it is compensated, by far, by its size and the marvelous water of the bay. We are talking of kilometers of clean beach just for you and crystal clear water where you can see your toes even when water is up to your neck. The memories of walking those kilometers of beach with my girlfriend are to treasure and made the weekend already special.

We made a point of trying many things and we ate and dined in the beach restaurant, the dining restaurant and the Banyan Tree signature restaurant. All three had interesting menu proposals, excellent quality and flawless service. A special bow to the Banyan Tree signature Thai restaurant. Probably the best fish I have tried in years.

The room was amazing, with private swimming pool, living room and great comfort. It was regularly cared of several times a day, to make everything perfect. A funny anecdote is that the temperature and humidity difference between the room and the outside was so big, that everything condensated when you would go out. I had to wait almost an hour for my camera to clear the lenses from condensated atmosphere!

Now the only point that the hotel rates below expectations it's regarding breakfast. Quality was low. Coffee was undrinkable, bacon was more a greasy cardboard and pastries were unappettizing. The only safe choices were the eggs stall and the yogurt. To worsen it, there were too few waiters to attend the guests, and they weren't up to the (high) standards of the rest of the staff. I expect that this will be ammended soon with the good staff management that the hotel shows. It must not be forgotten that the hotel opened to even 3 months ago, and some cracks must be fixed on the way.

Overall, for a special weekend, the place really fills the position, and I can and will recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Carlos D,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comment on the staff who had gone too far into your privacy. We do apologize for this. We have shared your comment on the food with the team members for improvement. We do hope you will come back for staying with us again.

Caerphilly County, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

A stunning chic resort. I stayed in a one-bedroomed pool suite and the spacious living and dining area was delightful. My pool was quite private as I was towards the rear of Moomba looking towards the garden. I had the sun from sunrise to sunset and it was a lovely outdoor space. I did get an opportunity to look at a Loft Suite and they are absolutely stunning - I hope to return and have a treat in one of those. I dined at all of the restaurants and found the food to be fantastic and the service gracious and impeccable. I also thought that the bar prices were very reasonable for a first-class resort. Free Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the resort was a real bonus. Top tip walk or take a buggy up the hill towards Saffron one day and take in the stunning views across the resort - simply stunning!

Room Tip: If you can afford treat the loft suites are stunning!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. LizSamuel,

Thank you for sharing your Angsana experience. If your travel plan brings you back to Vietnam, please come and stay with us.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed in this hotel from 4-10 May 2013 with 2 young kids. The resort is very new and the overall experience was good.

Dining: There are 3 restaurants and only 1 of them is open at each time of the day. Market Place for breakfast, Moomba for lunch, and Rice Bowl for dinner. Prices are reasonable. For variety, we usually dined at Banyan Tree for dinner. Chef is also able to customise kid's menu for less than US$10, which was good as I preferred for the kids to have a balanced meal with meat and veg that they like.

Room: We stayed in a Deluxe Room. Was expecting a free upgrade to a Premier Room, but can't fault them on this since it was not part of the deal. Free wi-fi in the room, and we had a high-tech TV which could be used to access weather info and play games. Slightly disappointed that the tea selection was very ordinary and we did not get to keep the toiletries pouch, unlike previous stays in Banyan Tree. Hotel also provided free baby cot and stroller which looked brand new to me.

Facilities: Beach was alright - sand didn't look too natural. Pool was impressive as it is really big and built around the resort. The kids had endless fun at the pool. Spa was good. Impressed with service staff, who made the effort to take my hb's massage appt at 8pm even though they closed at 8pm. Kid's club had many toys to entertain my kids.

Service: Staff were always ready to please (except for the one at the kid's club). Language abilities were varied. Some spoke rather fluently while others had difficulty understanding. But most times, if they could not understand, they will ask me to repeat or get someone else to interpret.

Tours: Went on the Lang Co Experience Tour. Guide was good and quite conversant in English. We took the free shuttle to Hoi An as well, and the same guide happened to sit on board the shuttle with us and gave us a free commentary. Only complaint was the journey took close to 2 hours from Lang Co to Hoi An, so not much time to shop and tour the place. Would have been better if the shuttle left at around 9am instead of 10.30am. In our case, it left at 11am as it was waiting for other hotel guests who did not turn up in the end.

Transport: iPad was provided during hotel and airport transfer, but wi-fi was hardly working. No games to play as well. Would have been good if iPad had some apps that could entertain guests. Banyan Tree was just next door and we took the free buggy over on most days. There was apparently a ferry service to Banyan Tree but we never saw it operating. On our last day, we enquired and were told it operated only from 9am to 5pm, so we never got to try it in the evening for our dinner trips to Banyan Tree.

Location: Takes about 1 hour from airport to hotel. Wish it was closer to Danang so we could tour the city and it won't be so far to Hoi An as well. A lot of time was spent travelling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr/s Mirekle,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We will surely need to improve the language skills of the team members. We do appreciate your comments on various issues on services and facilities. If your travel plan brings you back to Angsana Lang Co, you will surely see much improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Lang Co.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Pros: (1) The pool is the catch of the hotel. It flows through round the resort. My 2-year old son and I have a goof time there. (2) We have the resort arranged a minivan to take us from DaNang Airport to the resort. We are provided water, towel, ipad and wifi on the van. Very impressed.
Cons: (1) We stayed in premier room, with a balcony and private pool. However, there was water dripping from upper floor in the balcony. We have to moved to another room. (2) The room has hair in bed and toilet when we moved in the room. (3) The restaurants are disappointing. Variety of breakfast at Market Place is limited. BBQ lunch buffet at Moomba have to be avoided. The mango is sour. Dinner at rice bowl was comparatively better. Nice beef noodles, but the prawn fried rice is poor. We also have lunch at Golf Cafe. Nice place but disappointing food. [For nice food, I recommend to goto Saffron at Banyan Tree. Excellent Thai cuisine. Definitely value for money. Must try sticky rice with mango. It is deep fried of spring roll-shaped. Also, Saffron is on hill with excellent scene.]

Since the resort is far from the town, I suppose most guests will dine at the resort. Hence, I will suggest the resort to improve the dinning services if it intend to attract the guests re-visiting the resort.

Room Tip: Premier room is spacious for a family of 3 like me. However, you may wish to check if water dripping...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Angsana-LangCo, General Manager at Angsana Lang Co, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Dear Mr/s wwf1119,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We have improved a lot. If your travel plan brings you back to Lang Co, please come and stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Ridwan Heriyadi

Been to Angsana Lang Co? Share your experiences!