My wife and I travelled to Boipeba for a romantic trip in August and after much research on the different places to stay in Boipeba we chose Santa Clara based on all of the reviews. And the reviews here are pretty much spot on. It's a lovely spot...but don't expect the Ritz.
1. Service: Charles is an excellent inn-keeper. He provided me with great information about the island and logistics before we arrived and gave us great suggestions when were there. There was no language or cultural barrier as he is originally from NY.
2. Food: The breakfast (included) is delicious. The dinner menu (no dinner on Monday) changes daily and is also fantastic.
3. Sleep Quality: The sleep quality sucks. I must be honest though that I am sure this applies to all of Boipeba and cannot be blamed on Santa Clara. Mosquito nets do nothing and given the tropical climate nothing really dries. So...don't expect a good night's sleep. But don't blame the hotel.
All in, the value was great, the location, was perfect (steps from the beach) and we had a lovely time. I would have given it five stars if it weren't for the sleep quality.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Santa Clara Hotel
- Pousada Santa Clara Hotel Boipeba
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pousada Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.