“Perfect paradise island getaway...” 5 of 5 stars

You added Pousada Anjali to your Saves list
Pousada Anjali
Rua da Praia #5, Ilha de Boipeba, State of Bahia, Brazil   |
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect paradise island getaway...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

You want to get away to paradise? Head straight to Pousada Anjali on Boipeba, a jewel of an island hidden in the heart of Bahia, Brazil - a day's journey away from the city of Salvador. Nestled up in the jungle but only a 5 minute walk from the beach, the lush plants, tranquility and beautiful and comfortable decor will make you never want to leave. This was my second time staying here, and I loved it even more than the first time. This "tree house" pousada is truly a gem - with clean rooms, hammocks that swallow you whole and leave you refreshed, and just what you need in the way of amenities. Deanna & David arranged for us to have delicious breakfasts every morning (accommodating my gluten-free needs), and were there to answer questions about the island, which tour guide was best, where to eat in the village, etc. Such a pleasure to stay here - my mom and I were so comfortable in the downstairs room (with one double bed and a twin - both with mosquito netting and very cozy) and every morning it was such a treat to look out over the gorgeous surroundings before starting another marvelous day. I will definitely be back - next time for a minimum of 7 nights (it's SO hard to leave after only 4 nights). I highly recommend Pousada Anjali to anyone wanting to experience a slice of tropical heaven.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Deanna F, Owner at Pousada Anjali, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
We loved having you two here - very sweet to see you with your mom. We look forward to the whole family getting to visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Pousada Anjali is a slice of paradise on the tiny island of Boipeba off the coast of Salvador, Brazil. Our stay was incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. The pousada has two beautiful, spacious "tree house" rooms complete with a kitchen, balcony and hammocks to chill out in. The pousada is just a short 2 minute walk from a secluded beach. The grounds are beautifully maintained, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the owner (Deanna) and her family are warm, welcoming and attentive. Deanna is also a talented yoga teacher and massage therapist. Her classes boasted beautiful transitions and she tailored the flow to meet our needs. I can't wait to go back and wouldn't change a thing about my experience at Anjali.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Deanna F, Owner at Pousada Anjali, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Was great to have you three here. I hope you get to come again and thanks for sending your friends!
abraços
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I visited Pousada Anjali with 2 of my girlfriends. We were looking to relax, do some yoga, and enjoy some quiet time on the beach. Pousada Anjali was the perfect choice for us! The room was clean, and its obvious that lots of thought was put into the decor and ambiance. The setting in the forest is quiet and refreshing - we loved sitting on our porch in the hammocks. The fact that this pousada is slightly away from the town area of Boipepa was even more appealing to us. Deanna arranged private yoga classes for us, and she also gave amazing massages on her porch! If you are looking for a peaceful, beautiful retreat this is definitely the place. I would happily return to Pousada Anjali (and hope to do so soon!).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Deanna F, Owner at Pousada Anjali, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It was fun to have you here and we look forward to you coming back.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I do not hesitate in recommending Pousada Anjali. They exceeded all of our expectations. It was romantic, comfortable, clean, tranquil, relaxing, beautiful, peaceful...I could go on and on. We stayed 3 weeks traveling Brazil, and this was by far the highlight of our trip. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms immaculate, and the ambiance is romantically peaceful. My husband and I both absolutely loved it. We stayed in the treehouse - and felt like we were the only ones there. Deanna (and Anjali) could not have been better hostesses. And the food was out of this world (even with food allergies Deanna went above and beyond to work with us in every way).
The location is perfectly nestled between town, the restaurant strip on the beach, and just beach (you'll know what I mean by this when you get there).
I do not normally write reviews - but Pousada Anjali is the exception. You will not regret staying there. We can't wait to go back!

One other thing I just remembered - I was worried about this not being right on the beach, I worried that it wouldn't have a good view. I was wrong - The view out of every window is gorgeous, the entire place is surrounded by lush greenery. I enjoyed it more than being on the water, and the 5 minute walk to the beach was totally enjoyable listening to the birds and trying to spot "wildlife". I think Pousada Anjali has the full package, sitting in the middle of the "jungle" with the water only minutes away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Deanna F, Owner at Pousada Anjali, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
The best thing about having a pousada is the people that we get to meet from all over the world, and you were some of our favorite guests.
Abraços!
HH Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Pousada Anjali is a beautiful place an d we felt at home at once. The place is a paradise and the house is just as beautiful. The breakfast was exceptionally good - everything was made fresh and tasted great.

The nature and the way the Pousadais set in the middle of it made it a perfect holiday. We´ll definitely return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
amesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Pousada Anjali is one of those hidden gems - not as well known as the bigger and more crowded pousadas, PA has only two rooms and if it is quiet, privacy, perfect location, a spacious comfortable room, a kitchen for cooking or warming up leftovers from restaurants, or romance you are after - this is your place!

I have stayed in several pousadas in Boipeba over the past 10 years and Pousada Anjali is my favorite.
Located on the beautiful Outeiro beach (in front of the ocean, as opposed to the river or the restaurants), Pousada Anjali is tucked inside the trees, so the rooms stay cool and quiet. Some days I never wanted to leave my verandah and spent the day in my hammock reading.

You’ve heard about the breakfasts from other guests - the best!
Serving a different breakfast every day (a mixture of American and Bahian food) Deanna also sometimes made cappuccino for us or chai tea or Mexican coffee to go with the omelettes, bolinhos de estudantes, apple crisp, beiju, chocolate zucchini cake, pão de queijo, home made breads and granola, yogurt, or quiche, etc.

Also, yoga classes given right here at the pousada and one can receive a massage on the verandah (amazing) - guests receive a discount.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I've just returned from my second stay at Pousada Anjali. It was very difficult to leave. When I'm there, I completely switch off and slip into pure relaxation mode.
Not only is Deanna, the owner, a fun, friendly and informative host, she is also an excellent yoga teacher and massage therapist. Take advantage of this when you go! You will also have the pleasure of meeting Anjali, Deanna's young daugher, who is bubbly, helpful and always ready for a chat. The pousada has the double advantage of being near the ocean but is set within lush jungle. The rooms are bright, colourful and spacious; they even have their own kitchens and large verandas with hammocks. Breakfasts are a delight - I'm yet to taste a better breakfast in Brazil (or anywhere for that matter!) - every day you're served something different (pancakes, beijus, great cakes, fruit, yoghurt, scrambled eggs etc) as you enjoy the jungle view. If you're looking for somewhere tranquil and friendly, this is the place for you. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Pousada Anjali? Share your experiences!