“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Graye House B&B

The Graye House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worcester Park
The Graye House B&B
Save Saved
You added The Graye House B&B to your Saves list
63 The Avenue, Worcester Park, Epsom KT4 7HL, England   |
Newcastle upon-Tyne
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great place to stay. My wife and I recently stayed at the Graye House, the owners are very friendly and welcoming, nothing seems to much trouble for them. The place is clean and tidy with the breakfast being excellent, with a wide variety of choice on offer. I would most certainly recommend staying at The Graye House and would definitely stay there again myself when in that area. "FANTASTIC"

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms available in the Greye House would be very good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Large group staying in 4 rooms. Bedrooms were well equipped, clean, recently decorated and well laid out. Those with en-suites were great and the shared facilities were gleaming.
Biggest breakfast I have had in a B&B which just kept coming. Was like being at your Nan's who won't let you leave until you are fit to burst. Vegetarians in our party were well catered for. Home made olive bread and scones were great.
Good location for us. Loads of parking.
The owners could not have been more welcoming and friendly.
Only down - My tomtom sat nav had trouble finding the address as the postcode says Grafton road, not The Avenue, which is what Grafton Road turns into.

Room Tip: Room number 1 was the best. Light, big enough for a sofa and had an en-suite. The 2 rooms on ground...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at The Graye House whilst visiting relatives and found it friendly and welcoming. The breakfasts were excellent with a good selection available. The owners were lovely, they even gave us a lift to our relatives house when it was raining. I would recommend staying here and would stay here again myself.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sint-Kruis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Last week we had accommodation for 3 nights in this guesthouse. The hospitality was very warm, the room and bathroom were very spacious and clean, the beds good and the breakfast,
to choose, excellent! The owners were friendly and very helpful with transport and visiting information for London; its only 10 min. walk to Worchester Park train station and then 1/2 hour train to Waterloo Station (every 15 min.). Only 15 min from M25, car parking large and for free!
Recommendation : very strong !!!
Tine & Daniël Deweert-De Knock

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Barnsley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have had accomodation at this Guesthouse for over 6 months, Monday to Friday, and find the owners, Tom and his wife, to be very "accommodating" if you will excuse the pun, very helpful, friendly and welcoming.
The accomodation is ideal for users similar to myself, working in the area, and for anyone who is visiting London/relatives or the surrounding areas.
There are numerous repeat guests who, with myself, find the accommodation very cost effective and really convenient for local transport links.

Room Tip: Book early!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

This morning I called to enquiry about rooms and prices for relatives coming to visit me. As this B&B is close to where I live I thought it would be a good choice.

When I called I first asked whether they had any room for 3 adults and 2 children. The woman at reception said no but she could give a room with 2 double beds and another with 1 double and 1 single. Given that the group is made up by 3 adults + 2 children I asked whether a small bed could be put in the larger room. However, this was just a question, I would have been happy to book 2 rooms (provided we were not paying for 7 beds). Surprisingly she said, "I am not interested in this kind of booking" and hung up on me!

When I called again to complain, as to me this is very rude and completely unmotivated, she hung up again. I hope they go out of business, I don't know if this is some kind of xenophobia given I am not a native English speaker, but for sure I am a lot better educated than that women and believe it or not I have a better job and I am happier about my life.

If anyone knows who regulates B&B I will report them. After all I am not gay, but I still deserve to be treated with respect!

Room Tip: just do not go there
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
grayehouse, Owner at The Graye House B&B, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments. As joint owner who was sitting next to the lady that took your enquiry, I wish to give our version of events.

You enquired about a room for 5 people including 2 children. My colleague replied we were unable to accommodate 5 in a room, but may be able to put your relatives into 2 rooms. She enquired about the ages and sex of the children to ascertain whether it might be suitable for them to share a bed, as we cannot fit 3 beds into any of our rooms. If my memory serves me right, she established that the children were teenagers aged 11 and 13. However, you appeared to insist you wanted the 5 people in the one room. My colleague then attempted to explain in a reasonable manner why this was not possible. The reasons being the rooms cannot physically accommodate the beds for 5 people, we would be breaking various planning, health and safety laws and regulations.

Our insurance would not cover this situation. Also, we are a small family establishment and felt it would be unfair to other guests. Despite various attempts by my colleague to explain these facts, you appeared to become more insistent and agitated over the phone, repeating your demands for a room for 5 people. My colleague felt intimidated and thought it best to close the conversation. To be honest, it is not the type of business we are interested in. We felt bullied into cramming 5 people including 2 teenagers into a room. This would force us to break laws and regulations relating to our guests health and safety, invalidating our insurance cover.

I am confused why you thought that you might be paying for 7 beds when there were only 5 guests.

Misunderstandings can occur especially when one party is not a native English speaker. If there has been any misunderstanding due to this on our part regarding your requirements, please accept our apologies. However, given that you admit to not being a native English speaker, I find your allegation of possible xenophobia rather than misunderstanding very disturbing. Your inference of xenophobia we take extremely seriously and are deeply offended by, especially since they lady you spoke to is of Indian origin.

We are open to reasonable and constructive criticism, but, I find your attempt to publicly humiliate my colleague on the internet via this website especially distasteful. However, this reflected your telephone manner.

Been to The Graye House B&B? Share your experiences!