“Beginners Bread Making Class” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Beckenham
More attraction details
Owner description: Harrington's Kitchen in South London provides hands-on cookery classes for those who wish to discover the art of baking bread - made simple.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Beginners Bread Making Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

For anyone who would like to learn how to make different types of bread, this course is ideal! i can't wait to practice what I learned from Harringtons Kitchen. I live in Newcastle and my Aunt lives in London and she was kind enough to treat my cousin and I to the Beginners Bread Making Course. Not only did we learn a lot but it was fun and friendly. Was lovely afterwards to all sit down and enjoy the bread we made with some wonderful food and a glass of wine. Met some lovely people. Good memories to take back to Newcastle. Thanks to Mr Harrington and his wife for being perfect hosts :-)

Visited May 2013

London
“Another great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Anyone who has attended Stephen's introduction to bread making course should seriously think about taking the advanced version. The same great ideas and ambiance but this time experimenting with ciabatta, sour dough and flavoured bread. Fantastic day once again and am actively trying the recipes at home!

Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Nice Host Wonderful Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Attended chef Stephen's Advance Bread Making class with my daughter Qistina. The Chef made the bread making looks very easy with the right techniques n tips. A small class of 4 we had enjoyable class n great lunch, chanced to taste the bread we are making. They were simply amazing compared to shops bought breads.Thanks to chef & Roberta. Rushed to get some flour and yeast before leaving for Kualal Lumpur so that we can serve the bread we make on our table the next time.

Camden Town, null, United Kingdom
“Advanced Bread Making Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

With some previous experience in bread making, I was looking for a course that would improve my confidence, expand my repertoire and perhaps give me a few extra tips / answer some niggling questions. Stephen fulfilled all these criteria superbly! The communication prior to the course was great, Stephen was very flexible to accommodate my specific circumstances and the day itself was very pleasant and productive - with a number of loaves and rolls made before enjoying a tasty lunch to accompany our fresh wares. Thank you so much!

I would thoroughly recommend Harrington's Kitchen for anyone looking to learn to make bread, fuss-free in a comfortable environment.

Visited March 2013
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Introduction to Bread making course.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friend and I had been wanting to do this course for a while, so decided to book it up, which was a very simple process and communication from Chief Harrington was great. We both arrived at there beautiful home and made to feel extremely welcome, the kitchen is stunning and makes a perfect work shop. In the past I have always thought that making bread is so complex, but the way Stephen teaches, makes it logical, fun and simple. A secret I will not be sharing with anyone!!
We had such a great day, didn't want to leave! Once we finished the course we sat down to a beautiful lunch made by lovely Francesca, who is Italian, say no more!! We were all chatting , It's so great to have 5 strangers from different cultures becoming friends sharing there life stories. I could of easily sat there all day.
Since doing the course I have tried out the method and the results were amazing, I took 2 focaccia to a family gathering and the comments were amazing!! I can't wait to do more.
I feel very proud that I can now make fresh tasty bread from scratch!!!
Can't wait for the next course.
Every person needs to learn how to make bread.