“Outstanding Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Temporary Cal's Cantina

Temporary Cal's Cantina
Main Road - First Bight | 1/2 Mile East of Parrot Tree, First Bight IB3100, Honduras
+504 9985-8539
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Temporary Cal's Cantina is a uniquely constructed restaurant perched high above the hilly jungle of Roatan's south shore. Endless views of the Caribbean Sea spread out before you while fresh tradewinds keep you cool. Our restaurant boasts exceptional and affordable island cuisine prepared by award winning chef/owner Carl Husbands. Don't miss Temporary Cal's Cantina when dining out on Roatan. Hours 10 a.M. - 8 P.M., Tuesday - Friday. No credit cards. If you're in La Ceiba, visit our sister restaurant - Playa Miles - on the beach, east of Hotel Quinta Real.
Saugerties, New York
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a place to go if you are staying om the island. I should say this is a must! My wife and I knew the moment the food was delivered it was going to be excellent. The presentation alone was wonderful. It truly was a culinary delight. I had the shrimp scampi and my wife had the lobster. What a lot of food. The lobster was four tails. She couldn't finish it, I was more than happy to help her. We told everyone we met on the island that they had to try it. Everyone one we talked to stated the same thig. Excellent food. The view is spectacular as well. When we received our bill we thought they had forgot to charge us for something, because is was a lot less than we had anticipated. Excellent prices. After dinner I saw on the wall the chef, Carl had graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park NY. Our daughter is currently in her 2nd year there. That was just a nice pluse for us. Carl was a pleasure to chat with and I can not say enough good things about the food. One of the best meals we've eaten. This is a "Must Place" to eat. Thank you

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“You will become a regular customer no doubt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent food! Carl is an amazing chef. The menu is hand written on the board daily. Try to go before sunset as the view is spectacular.

LA
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

A "Must" eat on the island. Menu changes often and each dish is delicious. Carl's version of Chile Rein o sells out in a day. I have never had a dish I did not love. The fish of the day with Lime Sauce is a must.
The bad part is I can only eat there on Tuesday to Friday. That's the only days he's open

Tony
Roatan & California

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Cal is a great guy, and a fabulous chef. The food is always good, the view is always good, and the beer is always cold. What more could ask.

Visited April 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Beautiful View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The food was exceptional and the view is a must see. Plan to visit and stay awhile, you will not regret it!! Love it: "where the hell's my husband's hot sauce?" Must try it!