“They couldn't do enough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Deincourt Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Deincourt Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Deincourt Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   London Road, Newark-on-Trent NG24 1TF, England (Formerly Deincourt Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Newark-on-Trent
Llandudno Junction
“They couldn't do enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel by accident when our hotel double booked!! They took us in last minute and gave us the room that we asked for. The staff all went the extra mile to be sure that we were happy, the food was excellent and everyone was exceedingly friendly. The hotel is in the centre of Newark, Notttinghamshire within easy walking distance of many tourist attractions.
I was very impressed by the breakfast which was specially laid on by request at 5.30 in the morning. Even at that time the staff were pleasant and helpful. We only stayed two nights but we felt like we had stayed for a week because our stay was made to feel special. I also noticed that there were Valentine's night menu's available to peruse and special offers for overnight stay which looked very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWdeincourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Deincourt Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review.

I am very satisfied that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. I would also like to thank you on behalf of my staff for your wonderful compliments.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Kindest Regards,

January Whittaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel has the staff who will do anything they can and nothing is too much trouble,
Gary who works the bar area is very attentive talking to all customers and ensuring there stay is what they want. The food from the kitchen was as a bar meal should be, quick to order, fast to arrive and great to eat. (There is a full restauraunt offered as well) The place is spotlessly clean from top to bottom and the rooms comfortable and warm with plenty of refreshments.

Having stayed here now three times and the service the same every time i would have no doubts in recomending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWdeincourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Deincourt Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your review on The Deincourt,

It is fantastic to hear that your entire stay was to your expectations. I am pleased to hear that the service was to our usual high standard. I will of course pass your praise to Gary and the rest of the staff.

We all hope to see you again soon in the very near future,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked us a surprise stay at this hotel for my 40th birthday. He had also arranged for a large group of friends to join us for Sunday lunch. The staff are very polite and friendly, food was beautiful. After lunch we spent the afternoon/early evening relaxing in the lovely bar area.

I later found out from my husband that nothing was too much trouble for the hotel to arrange they did balloons and cake which saved him from having to hide anything else from me.

We would definitely return and in fact have done so since.

Thank you to all at Deincourt hotel it was a birthday to remember

• Stayed December 2012
I would like to say a huge Thank You for your recent review on us all at the Deincourt.

I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience especially that the staff were all very attentive and helpful. I will pass on your kind praise to all staff. I am also glad to hear that everything went smoothly and that we ensured all was covered with the extras which we were able to help with.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kettering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed overnight at the best Western in the centre of Newark and on arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who knew our names from the booking and was extremely helpful and sorted a price for a taxi and then phoned through to room. The room was on the small side but plenty big enough for a short stay and the en suite was fairly large with a bath and shower all clean and tidy.
Breakfast was well presented and plentiful also at no time did we feel rushed, when we departed it was smiles and thanks all around. The staff here are a real credit to the hotel and more like owners than employees and made our stay a pleasure

• Stayed January 2013
BWdeincourt, Manager at BEST WESTERN Deincourt Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was all as helpful.

All of us at the Deincourt hope to see you again in the near future,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As many others have said here, the staff at this hotel are very friendly and welcoming. I'm not sure of the names but there was a very nice male waiter who chatted with us in the bar, and a lady with blonde hair who was in the bar and restaurant both nights who was lovely too.

We had two rooms in the annexe on the ground floor. Both spacious with a sofa area and comfortable bed. The bathroom was an unusual design - very long and thin, but made it seem larger. It didn't have a lock which I thought was a bit odd, but wasn't a problem.

We ate breakfast at the hotel - very nice and a good selection of food, but my only complaint would be that service was very slow. To be fair it was a weekend and I think the hotel was full, but we did have to wait a long time for the cooked breakfasts. When they arrived though they were hot and freshly cooked.

Also had dinner the first night, and service was fantastic. Our orders were taken in the (very nice) bar and then we went through to the restaurant when the starters were ready. The restaurant seemed to be newly refurbished and was a nice place to eat. I had the mushrooms on toast for starter and then steak for main course - both delicious. We were really impressed with the meal overall.

When we checked out there was a slight issue with our bill - we'd accidentally been charged for a round of drinks we hadn't had (we knew the party they belonged to as had sat next to them at the bar the previous night!) The lady on reception understandably couldn't just void the cost so was trying to get hold of the manager, but we waited about 15 minutes and she still hadn't tracked her down. We explained that we were in a hurry so they then took our contact details and said they would call us later to sort out the payment, so wouldn't charge anything until the issue was sorted. This was appreciated as we knew they were busy but we had to leave asap. We've stayed in many places before that haven't been as helpful when it comes to the bill!

After initially being disappointed not to be able to stay at a hotel in Lincoln, we were really pleased we found the Deincourt as it was more than adequate. I also recommend the White Hart pub/restaurant 5 minutes away from the hotel - we had dinner there on the second night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to firstly say Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again for your custom and I hope to see you again soon in the near future to come

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was the second year running that I have organised an annual dinner for 30 plus guests at the Deincourt. 2011 was an excellent meal and all were satisfied so it was prudent to book for 2012.
The tables were set out as required and the table displays were excellent. It was very well laid out and looked very professional. Again, the meal was upto the same standard as the previous year. January was very helpful and ensured all went smoothly. I should state that the staff are all very friendly and go about their business with a professional outlook. We had requested a special beer and this was no problem and indeed was excellent on the night.
We have provisionally booked for 2013 which I am sure will be a similar standard to 2012 and 2011.
January, please pass on my thanks to all yout staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much Charles for your kind words and valued custom

It is a pleasure to host you Christmas Party, I am so pleased that you all enjoy and appreciate our efforts.

On behalf of the team we wish you all a happy and healthy 2013 and look forward to seeing you for another great evening.

Kindest Regard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time I have been for many years and I went to my grandsons wedding their was a warm friendly atmosphere staff very friendly and food very good waitress lovely but the manageress January was very rude looked down her nose at me and was not very nice I am eighty years old and don't need to be treated like a child I feel so strongly that I have written to best western no one should be bullied by this women

• Stayed December 2012
I am pleased to firstly hear that the atmosphere during your visit to the Deincourt was warm and friendly, I see all my staff members as a credit to the hotel and I am therefore pleased that they met your expectations,

However I would like to sincerely apologize for any rudeness that may have come across from my self, I cannot recall any of the behavior you have stated, if so it was obviously a mistake or taken into the wrong context. However any offence I may have cause was completely non intentional.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if you need to discus any other subject,

January Whittaker

Been to BEST WESTERN Deincourt Hotel? Share your experiences!