“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Waffle Cottage is a new and unique cafe/family-style restaurant in Newark. We specialise in sweet and savoury American waffles cooked to order and our quality coffee is freshly ground. Here you will experience traditional delicious food served with our light and crispy waffles in a friendly, fun and relaxed environment.
Newark
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This restaurant is excellent value for money. The waffles are amazing, the only problem is choosing which one to have! My mum loves the rhubarb and ginger ice cream, I can highly recommend the homemade chilli waffle. The kids really loved the fruit dipping plates with heart shaped waffles and chocolate sauce. The service is welcoming and the cafe has a great atmosphere. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

nottingham
“Mains & Pudding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

A party of 9 of us visited on a saturday lunch last week.....we had mains and puddings the food was very tasty and well presented, nothing was too much trouble and may I say the sloppy joe main was great with a good bbq taste. Try the homemade strawberry lemonade too its excellent. Overall this was not a wasted 20 mile journey to the waffle cottage.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
England
“Really lovely food, and very child-friendly !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My daughter asked us to take her to Waffle Cottage, after passing it and deciding she would like to try waffles. So we headed there last Saturday lunchtime, and had a fab time. The gentleman who welcomed us was very efficient, lovely and attentive (so great customer service!!). We had 2 children with us, and he was great with them, even offering to do one adult savoury waffle between them and the same for a sweet waffle. Not only did they serve on 2 plates (rather than just bring along a second plate for you to sort yourself), when the sweet waffle(s) came they even halved the cherry on the top so they got exactly the same. The children felt very 'at home', loved the food, and my daughter's friend has already told his Mum & Dad that they have to visit as a family.
My husband was also very impressed with his waffles.
Sadly, I don't like waffles, so this was not the best place for me (nothing on the menu that is not a waffle :-) ), BUT I enjoyed the atmosphere and the fact that my family were all settled and happy (oh yes, and a rather delicious hot chocolate). So we will definitely be visiting again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A delightful little cottage setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

10/10 for service, value, food and setting. Took a short detour from the A1 and found this delightful little cottage serving delishes waffles - had the savoury sloppy joe and chilli - too full for a sweet waffle but will defiantly be back to sample more from the menu.

Visited May 2013
“A new favourite snack/lunch spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First off Waffle Cottage is well located and we managed to park on the street directly opposite which was handy! We received a warm welcome from the owner/waiter(?) who was a lovely Dutch chap. The service was quick and the waffles were delicious and really light a fluffy so it didn't get too sickly. For drinks I'd really recommend the homemade strawberry lemonade, which my partner had and I will have when we revisit to use our Wowcher deal! Thumbs up and 5/5!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere