“One to avoid” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beaumond Cross Hotel

Beaumond Cross Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newark-on-Trent
Beaumond Cross Hotel
You added Beaumond Cross Hotel to your Saves list
London Road, Newark-on-Trent NG24 1TN, England   |
Ranked #34 of 35 Newark-on-Trent B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“One to avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Recently stayed at this 'hotel' and could not be more dissappointed. Dirty hallway, very poor decoration, no wardrobe and sparse unco-ordinated furniture. Breakfast was also poor, no menu, no fresh fruit and awful atmosphere. The website was very inviting describing a luxury, comtemporary, comfortable hotel with stylish decor. I would not recommend to anyone, the owners need to look at what is on offer else where and rethink their whole concept. This is not a hotel that lives up to todays standard. The 2 stars from me are purely for the staff welcome and location within Newark.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here 9-10/5/2013, cost £140 for double room 2 nights with breakfast. Hotel is old and dirty inside, needs major redecoration. Carpets in hallway, stairs and room dirty and unhoovered so not good first impression to be honest. Bed didnt have sheet over mattress potector? Room okish, no wardrobe or drawers, small rail above a shelf! Good TV and bathroom. Breakfast ok but nothing special for £10 each. Wont stay again or recommend, we expected more for the amount we paid, if it cost half of what we paid then I would probably have said ok for value but sorry I wish we'd booked a travel lodge as they do what they say on the tin.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for two nights, cannot fault it, it was central to everything, very clean and modern rooms, we were in the attic room and it was very spacious , the breakfast was a bonus, very nice. Would defiantly recommend it .

• Stayed March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The good - centre of Newark, on site parking, warm room

The bad - poorly maintained - a bit dirty, overly friendly staff, awful damp smell in corridor, and damp in room.

It all seems nice, but as its not big, I think it only has 9 rooms, and a big restaurant area - so it seemed a bit creepy to me when i arrived, and there was no-one in the retaurant.. no-one at all.

I was shown to my room by a nice chap, but a bit overly nice - and what was overwhelming was the smell of damp in the corridor. To be fair, it didnt smell damp in the room, but there was some damp on the wall, next to a dying yucca plant (see pic).

The coffee area, where the coffee and teas are kept was dirty with ring marks on the table, and I'm sure one of the teaspoons was dirty.

So it wasnt really that nice to be honest... I can only describe it as a hotel trying to be a boutique hotel, but failing.

I couldnt bring myself to have the cooked breakfast, as my reckoning was if they couldnt clean the rooms properly, what hope is that the food would be hygenically prepared.

Not again I'm afraid to say. But who knows, you might like it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

website lovely what a con. the only positive thing about this hotel are the lovely 2 members of staff. may i add these are not the owners. the owner needs to start thinking about their guests. rooms simple, boring and awful beds. sash windiows that you couldnt open unless propped with a cup. no atmosphere in the hotel as there is no-one around. lovely menu but no chance you will get anything to eat or would want to as there is no chef around and no advertising. not a chance i would go again if you paid me! RUBBISH!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel but if you are desperate ask for the back of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The recent fitting of double glazing to the room we stayed in on the road side has made a tremendous difference to the noise level, hence the review title. We have stayed here before and that was the only criticism we had, everything else was excellent as always.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stopped when visiting the christmas market. The hotel was close to all the shops, restaurants and the market so was ideal.

It is not a chain so has some imperfections but the friendly service more then makes this up. It had everything I was after. Nice clean rooms, pressed sheets,freshly cooked breakfast and a powerful hot shower. My room did have double glazzing which i was told was new. I had a great nights sleep. I would reccomend this place if you like small independant hotels. The staff really care about you and told me all the best places in the town to visit.

I would like to thank the staff who made sure my stay was enjoyable. I will deffinately return

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Beaumond Cross Hotel? Share your experiences!