“Beautiful and clean resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
25 Turiversary fr S$124++
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Hoboken
“Beautiful and clean resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Went to this resort over the weekend in celebration of husband's birthday. As we had spent time exploring around Batam earlier, by the time we arrived in the resort, it was already late. checking in was quick and the guy was friendly and helpful. Had breakfast the next day, it was a fabulous spread. The surroundings is just absolutely gorgeous (in my opinion), We were lucky since the two days we were there, there was light showers so there was wind and the sun wasn't glaring and hot. It was a romantic stroll down the jetty. Unfortunately we didn't have much time to explore around more. Will definitely head back for another short vacation.

Cons: While staying, we encountered two unpleasant incidents.
1) We had arrived in Batam on open ferry tickets. So early next morning after breakfast, I had called to asked for assistance in securing tickets back home. After a few back-and-forth calls, finally the lady I spoke with informed me that she had secured 2 return ferry tickets, good. But upon check-out, when I asked the guy who was helping us with our check-out, I was told no ticket reservations had been made for us. His words "They probably called a couple of times and the number rang but no one picked up until I called". (What does it mean?) Anyway by the time I reached the ferry terminal to pick up my ferry tickets, I was informed by BatamFast, they had no reservation was made in our names. Thank goodness it was a Monday so there was still seats availability.

2) The night before when I was doing the check-in, I had requested for a late check-out. The agreed upon check-out time was 2pm. The next day, while making the call for the return ferry ticket reservation, I double-checked our agreed check-out time again. She actually said the 'night' staff (Referring to the guy who had checked us in) wasn't allowed to give late check-out. Any late check-out has to be made only by the morning staff. Obviously she refused to give me a late check-out, insisting the note wasn't on my file. It was irritating and I had to be firm with her before she grudgingly agreed. In my opinion, this response unreasonable. Whether it is the morning staff or night staff, either party should have the ability to give the agreement and have it clearly indicated on the file to avoid further inconvenience. Imagine if I had taken the words of the night staff and not double-checked on the timing, I wouldn't be ready at the time of check-out and would have been even more pissed.

It is unpleasant and leaves a distaste on the tongue. Luckily for them, the beautiful surroundings made up for everything and we forgot about these unhappiness after a while.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 203 but it seemed like all rooms have a balcony that faces the pool. Beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, Operations Director, Nongsa Resorts at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Beautiful and clean resort…

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your husband weekend birthday celebration…

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused by the ferry ticket reservation and the late checkout request.

You review has been share with the front office team to make sure that the needed adjustment is done to avoid similar happenings in the future.

A pleasure to hear from you for any assistance you or your network may need in the future.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Though Turi Beach is about 45mins away from the main town area, it is the place for you to relax, enjoy nature and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city life we are used to. The staff of Turi Beach are always very friendly and they make you feel like home. The rooms (especially the beachfront rooms) are clean and chic. The bathroom in the beachfront room is spot on clean, bright and spacious. Love the rain shower! The F&B choices are limited but their breakfast spread is not too bad and overall the food I had there was good. Probably need to improve on the Salads that they serve. Do try the watersports there too. Pretty affordable and the staff mending the adventure sports are very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall, it's a great place to chillax with your friends, family and loved ones. So check out Turi Beach soon and you'll know what I mean!:)

• Stayed August 2014
Turi Beach… always an awesome experience on every visit!

Thank you very much for your time and review… appreciate your remarks and highlights…

We will continue working on the culinary experience and selection to provide you with an improved experience during the next chillax stay.

Very glad to hear from you via Email, Twitter or LinkedIn if we can be of any assistance for you or your network.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Had a good 2D1N getaway here. The long jetty/boardwalk is the main highlight of this resort - many artistic shots for couples during sunset and sunrise can be taken here (which we did). I thought the island bar in the middle of the jetty was a cute touch. However, the beach was just so-so.

The Riani wing where we stayed in was quaint - cottage style on stilts. If you're mobile and don't need a lift, I would highly recommend this over the Tirta rooms. Am quite satisfied with our large room - the bed was so comfortable and the rain shower was amazing. However we had a kettle that didn't work and the maintenance man went in and out of our room 3 times before he finally replaced the kettle.

The food in Taming Sari cafe was okay - the variety was all right. The weekend dinner buffet was quite expensive, so we opted for the room service menu instead. Wi-fi should be extended to the rooms instead of restricting it to the lobby area. The staff are generally attentive, although the response time could be faster.

In general, it was a positive experience and I would return for the serene setting.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
The long jetty / boardwalk is the main highlight of this resort…

This is to show my gratitude for your time and detailed review…

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings experienced during your stay.

All reviews are shared daily with the resort team to continue improving our systems and training programs to deliver a complete and satisfactory experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Travel Time: 45minutes by ferry to Nongsapura Ferry Terminal and is 10minutes away from the ferry terminal to the hotel (free shuttle provided).

1st room we stayed was 332. Newly renovated villa, spacious and clean room. Riani wing has no lifts so you have to take stairs to go to the lobby and the rest of the areas in the hotel. We asked to be moved to tirta wing for easy access to pool restaurants , lobby and of course to our room; we were finally moved to 301 which is just situated just next to the lift. (But your supposed to be pool and beach view was blocked by trees. But we dont really mind)
Riani wing rooms are newly renovated but can get really secluded and accessible by stairs only, tirta wing rooms are a little dated compared to riani (especially the toilet-smaller and odd space) but this wing has lift which is more convenient access to rooms.
-Breakfast was delish but limited variety.
-there is a 24hrs Taming Sari cafe so if you get hungry middle of the night they offer selections (limited) for supper.
-they have Minishop (called Aqua Shop) which offers swimwear, souvenir, medicine and snacks and drinks. All items are limited and nothing much to choose from.
-Arim at reception was consistent in his hospitality as he was efficient and professional all throughout our stay. Actually all staffs were extraordinarily polite and helpful. Thanks to all!

Cons:
-Mosquitos (although mosquito repellant is provided in the rooms, it was of no use.)
-Free wifi is only at the lobby; but is also still available in the room with charge ($20++ for 24hrs)
-There wasn't any door stopper for the maindoor thus it can get really noisy.
-If you are going to swim at the Aqua pool be cautious and observant on where you choose to sit as at the very corner of the pool where the big trees are we saw a small snake crawling towards the edge of the branches and can get really scary and dangerous if it drops on you while relaxing near the pool area or worse if you had fallen asleep on the sunbeds. *creepy*

Tips:
-Bring food/grocery/snacks as there's nothing much they offer in their minishop.
-bring your own mosquito repellant, ask for mosquito spray

Suggestion to management:
-do a little bit of renovation in the lobby, aqua pool bar and emerald bar; hardly noticed and looks dull and boring.
-Pay more attention to details as when I made a booking I specifically mentioned that we will be celebrating our anniversary there but nothing was arranged and we felt neglected and ignored, nothing was done to make us feel acknowledged.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your time and review as well as your highlights and recommendations.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to provide you with complete and satisfactory experience.

Receive my gratitude for your public recognition of our receptionist Arim and the rest of the resort team.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable outcome while I have the opportunity to share with the team your valuable comments.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a 3D2N gateway with my family at this resort. I am quite pleasant with their room decor and spaces room. Awesome new pool as kids like it .But unsatisfied with their house keeping. I requested for shampoo and bath lotion as they totally didn't replace a new set for us,it replace it by second day. I found their staff not friendly as mentioned. Requested towel from swimming pool service counter , waited long time and feedback finished! This is the service! Disappointed with their cab system arrangement . They offer differant rate for us. Overall unsatisfied their service. Will not back again next time.

Room Tip: Not recommend for town trip as cab fee not worth it and it may have traffic jam. If want to go,must...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your family vacation.

I am sorry that you face challenges with the housekeeping team regarding the room amenities and pool towel.

Your comments and remarks has been shared with the housekeeping team to make sure that they improve their pool towel management and in-room amenities replacement.

Please email me directly next time you visit our resort via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to make sure that we provide you with a more personalized and favourable stay outcome.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I have been to Turi beach resort recently with my office department colleagues from 2-3 Aug. Initially, the rest were considering other resort Holiday Inn but I recommended Turi to them as I have stayed there before and had a pleasant experience. Through a voting process, majority went for Turin due to the serene surrounding and proximity to the ferry terminal.
I made a booking of 8 rooms and was glad that Zaenal, the front desk manager attended to my request and offered a discounted rate with the group booking. He is very experienced and patient with my requests. All the queries via email were attended to promptly and doubts clarified.
As I was in charge of all the booking details, there was the responsibility to ensure everything went well and was glad Zaenal has been a great help in ensuring the paper work and room allocations were in order when we arrived. No delay, no fuss.
Most of them were first timer staying at this resort and all were them love the place. We had a great time at the resort and stayed till late night chatting and playing games. Some room service requests were made late midnight and were happy that they were prompt in attending to us.
The rooms have an excellent beach view and it was clean and comfortable. The breakfast that comes with it is adequate though not fantastic. Will do good with more spread. My colleagues find the price of the food from the menu quite reasonable with big portion and taste great.
As our ferry departure back to Singapore is in the evening, Zaenal has been nice to accommodate a late checkout to facilitate that.
At the end of the trip, all my fellow colleagues had a pleasant stay and the feedback was quite positive.
One of them whom have stayed with other resort before said that to pay a bit more to stay at Turi is a no brainer as it offers much more with such a serene surrounding and comfy rooms.
For a short getaway, Turi beach is an excellent choice. Been there. Done that. Highly recommended.
Thank you Zaenal and the team for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for returning back to Turi Beach Resort with your colleagues…

We appreciate your time and review as well as your tips and highlights.

Receive my personal appreciation for Zaenal service public recognition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed in Riani Beach Front Suite in Aug 2014. Check-in was a breeze. Our room ready by the time our 11am ferry arrived. Personalised welcome card by resort's General Manager and complimentary fruit basket sent to our room immediately after check-in...VIP treatment:)
Requests through front desk for taxi, reservations for meal etc were attended to immediately. Service rendered with a smile and pride regardless time of day.
Quite a wide spread and choices available when it comes to meals, as long as you are not picky eaters or on strict diets.
Private beach offers tranquillity and it helps that other guests value and respect the quiet surroundings. We came prepared with repellents, expecting the worst but mosquitoes and ants not anything out of ordinary.
Planning our movement around the resort helps as the climb up & down stairs can be quite a workout. Spa treatment was the most enjoyable...don't be afraid to ask and seek clarification for different treatments available to best suit you.
Lastly, we requested for a slightly late check out and once again request attended to with a smile...VIP treatment all the way!

Room Tip: Titra for elderlies and children (lifts available). Riani for young couples.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
VIP all the way… Check-in was a breeze…

Thank you very much for your valuable time and generous review.

We will continue improving our resort team to ensure that we can provide "Vip all the way" service to you and every guests every time.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!