Went to this resort over the weekend in celebration of husband's birthday. As we had spent time exploring around Batam earlier, by the time we arrived in the resort, it was already late. checking in was quick and the guy was friendly and helpful. Had breakfast the next day, it was a fabulous spread. The surroundings is just absolutely gorgeous (in my opinion), We were lucky since the two days we were there, there was light showers so there was wind and the sun wasn't glaring and hot. It was a romantic stroll down the jetty. Unfortunately we didn't have much time to explore around more. Will definitely head back for another short vacation.
Cons: While staying, we encountered two unpleasant incidents.
1) We had arrived in Batam on open ferry tickets. So early next morning after breakfast, I had called to asked for assistance in securing tickets back home. After a few back-and-forth calls, finally the lady I spoke with informed me that she had secured 2 return ferry tickets, good. But upon check-out, when I asked the guy who was helping us with our check-out, I was told no ticket reservations had been made for us. His words "They probably called a couple of times and the number rang but no one picked up until I called". (What does it mean?) Anyway by the time I reached the ferry terminal to pick up my ferry tickets, I was informed by BatamFast, they had no reservation was made in our names. Thank goodness it was a Monday so there was still seats availability.
2) The night before when I was doing the check-in, I had requested for a late check-out. The agreed upon check-out time was 2pm. The next day, while making the call for the return ferry ticket reservation, I double-checked our agreed check-out time again. She actually said the 'night' staff (Referring to the guy who had checked us in) wasn't allowed to give late check-out. Any late check-out has to be made only by the morning staff. Obviously she refused to give me a late check-out, insisting the note wasn't on my file. It was irritating and I had to be firm with her before she grudgingly agreed. In my opinion, this response unreasonable. Whether it is the morning staff or night staff, either party should have the ability to give the agreement and have it clearly indicated on the file to avoid further inconvenience. Imagine if I had taken the words of the night staff and not double-checked on the timing, I wouldn't be ready at the time of check-out and would have been even more pissed.
It is unpleasant and leaves a distaste on the tongue. Luckily for them, the beautiful surroundings made up for everything and we forgot about these unhappiness after a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turi Beach Resort, Where Chic Meets Charm. Immerse yourself in this Indonesian boutique paradise and explore the beauty of nature. Nestled in Nongsa Resorts, at the northeast part of Batam Island, and 35 minutes away from Singapore by ferry and 15 minutes from Hang Nadim Airport. Set amid 7.7 Hectares of beautiful green landscaping in a tranquil tropical village, Turi Beach Resort features Modern - Minimalist accommodation in Tirta and Riani wing. All 140 rooms and suites are facing the sea being well spread over the beach front and the hillside.Turi Beach Resort is your idyllic retreat in the tropical Riau Islands amidst unspoilt beauty and fine beaches where tranquility and impeccable service are rightly yours to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Turi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turi Beach Resort Batam/Nongsa
- Turi Beach Batam
- Turi Beach Hotel Batam