“Relaxing day” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
25 Turiversary fr S$124++
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Relaxing day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a night, took a ferry from Singapore to Nongsa and arrived at the hotel earlier than check-in time with some other people. None of us were able to get a room earlier than the check-in time. Everybody waited, bag storage was just inside the front desk, no locks or doors to keep anybody away from it. All other bags from other guests were just stuffed behind the front desk, it's like a camp. I find it disorganized. There are water activities in the hotel, but I find it too expensive. Food from its restaurant was just okay, they have buffett style. The hotel room is big, also its bathroom. Beds were so comfy, place is quiet only with the sounds of the water splash. Just what we needed to finalize my asian adventure before going back to north america. I don't mind staying at this place again.

Room Tip: Free wifi in lobby. There's wifi in room but expensive. Choose a room closer to the water or wit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Antonio H, Operations Director, Nongsa Resorts at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
We very much appreciate your time and review as well as your remarks and intention to visit us again.

Thank you very much for your comments regarding the bag storage.

We aim to have all rooms ready on when every guest arrives… in certain occasions we do not have available rooms on arrival due to high occupancy the night before; in the meantime, we encourage guests to start their vacation while the room becomes available.

Complimentary Wifi access is granted to all direct reservations received via email or through the reservations system in the resort website.

Very glad to hear from you via Email, Twitter or LinkedIn if we can be of any assistance for you or your network in the future.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stay for company trip. Close to Hang Nadim airport, about 15 minutes by taxi in the direction away from the city. Rooms are big, clean and well furnished. Green concept for the electricity, but some lamps in my room and surrounding doesn't work properly.
The room was big, with one sofa inside and outside the room. Standard bathroom equipment was provided. The resort is surrounded by plenty of trees, but beware for mosquito during day and night time outside the room. The hotel provide the anti mosquito lotion inside the room.
The area of the hotel is huge, with 3 different pools, sandy beach, water sport activities, tennis court and volley ball court. Relaxing on the beach is one thing, as you also can see Spore view, day and night. If you ever come to Bangka, than the beach looks similar.
The staffs were helpful, food is ok, but not at the best part. Can improve more for the variation of food. It would be better if wifi can be provided free in the room. Currently free wifi only in lobby area.
For coverage of local cellular operator signal are limited in some rooms area, surprisingly you can also get cellular signal from Malaysia and Spore.
For the rooms pictures, will be as same as those one in their website.

Room Tip: All rooms are facing to ocean, as far as I noticed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Beautiful beach resort in Batam...

Receive my gratitude for your valuable time and stay narrative… very much appreciated.

We will continue working on the food and beverage selection to provide you with an improved culinary experience next time you stay in Turi Beach Resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Lovely place, quiet location and fantastic service. Turi Beach Resort is even more beautiful in real life. Our rooms were large, clean and quiet. The staff attended to our needs cheerfully and even provided basic first aid when needed. We had a great time! Can't wait to head back.

Bring mosquito repellent!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lovely place, quiet location and fantastic service…

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your vacation with your friends…

Very glad to read your review and comments… appreciate your valuable time and highlights.

Please be informed that mosquito repellent sachets are available in every room and on request.

A pleasure to hear from you for any assistance you or your network may need before your next stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I love the full sea view that greeted us. Hospitable staffs were efficient with the check-in and gave us a very nice chilled ginger drink.

We were even happier with our rooms which the resort had newly renovated. Big rooms, comfort pillows and mattress. Beautiful and clean pool. Good buffet breakfast.

But I do not like the BBQ buffet dinner. The food were very cold and I spotted flies. The BBQ food weren't enough and stay were rather cold and I wonder if it was cooked well.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Antonio H, Nongsa Resorts, Operations Director at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
A close resemblance to Ayana Bali…

Receive my gratitude for your valuable time and stay comments… very much appreciated.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My friend and I stay at Turi Resort for 2 nights. We had our room at 1pm much earlier than the check-in time which made us happy. The room at level 2 (242) was just right for our liking. We had a beach view and a king size bed. The resort was huge and had ample place to wonder and explore. It was a great place for photography of the nature and the ocean. Everything was in SGD which was a bit worrisome as we had changed our currency to rupiah. And such it was costlier. The resort had 3 different pools which was a delight and we had spent much of our time in the pool. The newer pool is much more cleaner than old one. The room service was fast and housekeeping was done on request. The cabana beach had sea activities. It was costly but was worth the price. We spent 56SGD on 15min jet ski. The spa did not look appealing as it was way too expensive and there was not much variety in the type of massages. The dinner was good especially the indonesian food. The quantity was worth the money. There was cats roaming in the restaurant which was fine to me but not to people who are afraid of animals. I think the management should look into this. The service was good. The bar had 1-1 promotion which was good. We had couple of drinks and game of pool to kill time. Overall it was a delightful time spent in Turi beach resort. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lovely experience…

Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your stay with friends…

Very glad to read your review and comments… appreciate your valuable time and recommendations…

We keep a few cats in the resort… being in a jungle nature state, cats assist us to minimize other non-desirable pets in the resort.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The stay in Turi Beach Resort overall experience is good except that there is mosquito around and ants in the toilet within the room itself. The swimming pool is just right infront of the resort rooms. Nice to chill at the pool but i hope the cleanliness can be maintained as the first day of my stay, the pool floor was quite sandy. Turi has a nice beach and sea view scenery. Very good for photography. There is a long stretch of walkway to the jetty which you can take a stroll there and take some nice shots of the seaview. But however, do be more caution when walking along the walkway jetty as the wooden plank that you are stepping on looks kind of thin and fragile. I hope the Turi Beach Resort could look onto on doing maintenance on that.
Breakfast was ok but the same kind of food everyday. The dinning experience for dinner to me I would say is not value for money. The entire menu is in Singapore dollars and it is quite costly for the kind of dish that you paid for. Sea sports is also available if you are adventurous type of person. Overall, it all well depends on the objectives of this trip. If it is purely just chill and relax, then this would be a good place for your getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
A nice and chilling place to get-away from the city…

Your review has been shared with the resort team for their knowledge and continuous improvement to minimize any shortcomings in the future including the jetty maintenance remarks.

You review has been submitted to our pest control supplier to ensure that the needed adjustments in the fogging schedule and frequency are done promptly.

We will continue working on the food and beverage quality and selection to provide you with an improved culinary experience next time you stay in Turi Beach Resort.

singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Everything here is 'Singapore' Price.

The only consolation is that I was with my best friends. If not, this really felt like a chalet rather than a beach resort... not happy that I had to pay 'extra' for a King size bed room.

Power tripped on my second night several times and it was about 10pm... took about 30 min for them to get it on. I was in the middle of the way back to my room. The place was pitch black with no emergency lighting. Had to use my phone to illuminate the way. Luckily I wasn't stuck in a lift.

Room is full of mosquitoes and ants... didn't sleep well. I had to use up all my mosquito patches. Luckily only stayed for 2 nights. There was a giant gecko in my room. No safe place for my food.

Room Tip: Just choose somewhere else... a newer hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to provide us with your very valuable feedback and detailed experience stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable outcome while I have the opportunity to share with the resort team your valuable insights.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and kind understanding.

With best regards,

Antonio Hernandez Canovas
Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!