“Good place horrible service ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
25 Turiversary fr S$124++
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Good place horrible service ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place has a good view, good rooms. We got the new renovated wing which is Riani and we got the beachfront. One of the best views in this property, no doubt. Rooms are cozy and nice.but the hospitality is not at all upto the mark. We reached there by 3 and still our room want ready, we had to wait for long to get in. I requested for another room just to freshen up for time being, which also they wouldn't give. After a long lunch we went and took out keys and had to wait more for the bell boy to come and take us.the receptionist lady was quite rude,maybe she needs some lessons in hospitality and some one has to make her understand what are hotels for. The bell boy was pretty pleasant.the surrounding area is nice, but the water is not that great, it's allright.there are few activities to do. There's great view of Singapore from the jetty.we attended the barbeque dinner on Saturday,which was pretty good. But this place Is not WORTH THE COST.there are so many better places near singapore in this cost or maybe even cheaper.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, Operations Director, Nongsa Resorts at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to provide us with your very valuable feedback and detailed experience stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable outcome while I have the opportunity to share with the resort team your valuable insights.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Me and my boyfriend came to Turi Beach resort on Monday hoping for a romantic few days away to what was described to us as a beautiful hotel with sun, sand and sea.
We arrived to find the hotel pool full to the brim of screaming children, so we quickly retreated to the hotel cafe, where we had an awful lunch of cold and dry pitta chicken and sloppy noodles. Upon arrival we also both acquired about 15 bites each - control the mozzi situation better Turi!!

We went to our room at 2pm and were told that the towels were not put in yet, which was not an immediate problem, so we went to the beach instead only to discover the sea water was about as appetising as toilet water in India. After spending perhaps an hour on the beach, we went back via the reception to double check the towels had been put in our rooms. The man assured us they had, but alas, when we returned back to the rooms there were no towels. I had to call up the main desk 3 times (on a very grimy dirty room phone), when finally they arrived but with 2 towels short. I also asked the man to get rid of some pesky ants that were crawling all over the dresser, but as expected, no-one came to spray anything, even when I called again to ask.

On top of this, the slippers in the wardrobe had definitely been worn, there was no dressing gown, and there were only 4 hangers to hang our things on. There was mould on the sealer in the loo, and no creamer for me to have my cup of tea with. The fridge badly needed defrosting, and there was no mini bar.

The evening meal was about as romantic as a food court dining experience (which would probably be better). We were not given ice water straight away, and my boyfriend had to wait so long for his food, and when I was nearly finished it had only just arrived.
In the best efforts to cheer ourselves up, we booked in with the spa to have our complimentary massage. We walked into a sweaty underground cave that was not luxurious at all and didn't really make me want to be massaged there by the rather creepy man who greeted us.

After a poor nights sleep (because of bugs in the bed and an awful bright green light shining above our bed), we were greeted to a rather naff breakfast with cold tea and coffee that we had to get ourselves. There were flies all over the fruit, and the waiters looked so bored out of their brains, and the day had only just begun!

I was desperate to let off some steam, so we got a short ride to the hotel next door (owned by the same company) to the gym. Nothing prepared me for the horrific sight I saw: the only 1 running machine "out of order", cobwebs on the weights machines (!), and a thick layer of dust on all the equipment.
I'm afraid this was it for me and I'd had enough. We walked back to the hotel and went immediately to the reception, cancelled the last 2 and a half days of our holiday and got swiftly aboard the next ferry back to Singapore!

I'm upset, disappointed and infuriated that I wasted $800sgd on a highly anticipated holiday that turned out to be just plain awful. I am quite sure that because we booked via Groupon, we got given the most basic/dirtiest room in the hotel. This is just not acceptable.

To sum up, Batam is a boring island with nothing to do (the nearest shop being 40 minutes away from Turi), and the hotel is literally panting because it is so tired.
We escaped to KL as soon as we got back to Singapore, which was absolutely terrific!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I spent 4D3N last week at Turi Beach.
First the good - Lovely view of the sea, good food, comfortable room.
Now the bad - From arrival the hospitality was poor. Assigned to our room about 3pm and found they were still cleaning it. The standard of cleaning left much to be desired. Then we had to wait another hour for fresh towels. No bath mat was issued until we asked for it the next day - there was no door or curtain shielding the shower area so the smooth floor got wet and slippery. When the shower gel ran out it took 3 demands and 24 hours before we got them replaced. We suspect that they are very shorthanded and unable to cope when there is high occupancy. On the final day when we called to ask for the complimentary 2 bottles of drinking water they called back to say it had been put in place - as though we were lying!
While the food was generally good, the comfort level of the restaurants was not. Both were hot and stuffy especially when the sun shone in through the all round glass walls making the place like a greenhouse sauna. Not all the fans were working and even those that were did little to cool the place down.
We were on a 4th level cabana-room which meant a challenging climb up many stairs and a final steep slope (about 45 degrees). This is hardly the place for the elderly nor disabled.
Our final verdict is - this would be our last visit to Turi Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same level as the pool, restaurant and beach. Otherwise be prepared for more e...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My gf and I had been to the resort twice after purchasing their hotel vouchers online. During the first stay in May, we upgraded our rooms to the Tirta Premier Beachfront. During our second stay in June, we stayed in the Premier Twin bedroom along the newly-refurbished Riani Wing. I must say that the 2nd stay was much better than the first as the room condition was great (very strong air-conditioning within the room, clean toilet and bed).

The staffs at Turi Beach Resort were also very friendly and accommodating. On an occasion, we had to change our initial booking at the very last minute due to urgent issues. The staffs were prompt in our email conversations and allowed us to change our booking date. It was really appreciative of them!

One drawback of the resort would be the traveling time from the resort to Batam City Centre. The traveling time is approximately 45 min (if the traffic is good) by taxi. However, you will not regret traveling to the city centre as the things there are cheap and good!

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the Riani Wing if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for returning back for the second time to Turi Beach Resort…

Receive my gratitude for your valuable time and stay comments… very much appreciated.

Shopping wise, you can find the local village of Batu Besar only 10 minutes from the resort where you can experience the local side street markets; while only 25 minutes from the resort you can find Kepri Mall similar to the ones available in Batam Center and Nagoya.

A pleasure to hear from you for any assistance you or your network may need before your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Our family had a terrific stay at Turi Beach for two weeks. It tends to attract long weekenders from Singapore but we were on a long haul from Australia to UK and were looking for a quiet and relaxing stopover. It fitted the bill perfectly. The resort has two magnificent pools in beautiful grounds that were never busy and excellent restaurants. Over the weekends the buffets really were great value and high quality. However, the best thing about the resort is the staff. They really couldn't do enough for us. Great with the kids! Highly recommended if you are in transit through Singapore and looking to treat yourselves!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you very much for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your long vacation.

We are very glad to read your review and stay narrative… appreciate your time and support.

Receive my personal gratitude for your public recognition of the resort team.

Look forward to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were simply amazed upon arrival at the Nongsa ferry terminal. Simple yet beautiful. Something that we didn't expect. (We were expecting a rundown terminal). The resort, the beach walk, well, everything is perfect and very relaxing. A shopping mall located about 40mins drive by their taxi. The only disturbance that we had was those bite from the mosquitoes every now and then. But overall, we enjoyed our stay there and will be sure to return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

You review has been submitted to our pest control supplier to ensure that the needed adjustments in the fogging schedule and frequency are done promptly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Turi Beach resorts was one of the best in Batam. I came here twice and enjoyed staying here.
The place is clean and our rooms are facing the sea. A nice place to be in to relax yourself.
My mom and granny enjoyed their stay so much, they would love to come here again.

Breakfast buffet was acceptably delicious, which i think they can be improved. But lunch were too expensive (e.g Nasi ayam penyet cost ard $11-$13).

Massage at the resort was awesome. 1hr 30mins massage makes this trip to be a fruitful one.

Overall, this is one of the places that i want to relax and unwind over the weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Turi Beach Resort was one of the best in Batam…

Thank you very much for returning back to Turi Beach Resort…

Receive my gratitude for your valuable time and generous stay comments… very much appreciated.

Mr. Zaenal – Front Office Manager via fom@turibeach.com

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!