“Short Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
25 Turiversary fr S$124++
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Short Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just came back from Turi Beach resort today. Would say that the first impression was very good. i kinda like how the check-in area, get you into the resort mood right away.
Hotel room was clean and maybe cos it was the weekday so there wasnt much ppl staying there.
we enjoy the quietness and space.
But the area that the resort is in is quite quiet. Good if u purely wanna enjoy the resort, bad if u wanna be accessible to the city (about 45min away). so be prepared to bring somethings on your own if u dont intend to travel far into town to get your supplies from the supermarket.
But on the whole, the place was nice and the ppl friendly.
Would recommend.
Cheers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Very glad you like and enjoy your short getaway at Turi Beach Resort…

Moving forward into the New Year, we are currently preparing a number of evening activities to complement your relaxing day experience i.e. Sunset Cruise, Night Fishing, …

Thank you very much for your time and feedback… welcome and appreciated…

May you or your network require any assistance, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com , facebook, twitter or linkedin… Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just stayed at Turi Beach recently. This is the 3rd time I am here, the previous one being only in Jun this year. We came back because we have always liked the charm and relaxing ambience in this resort, and not too commercialized. However, there were just too many service lapses in this most recent trip.

It started at Nongsa Ferry Terminal. We arrived as per our stated schedule in the reservations, but there was no one to pick us up, along with some other guests. Instead, we were approached by staff from Montigo resort a couple of times, asking if we are staying there. We reckoned that the shuttle might be full and just left the terminal, but surely, the hotel could at least station a staff there to inform the guests. During check in, the receptionist informed us as a matter-of-fact that we will given a room with 2 single beds because I did not request for a king size bed. Excuse me, I replied that I have indicated the request in our reservation. It is only upon rummaging through the reservations forms that she then reasoned that it is still subjected to availability. I was perplexed. Was this reasoning just an excuse for the mistake she had made earlier, claiming that I did not make such request. Even if it was subjected to availability, what was the criteria? I had made the reservation more than a month ago, try checking in 3 hours before check-in time, and have a family of 3 including a toddler sharing our bed. Random allocation? The best I was offered was 3 single beds. I was disgruntled but have to accept this compromise. Oh, the staff also failed to offer us the welcome drink and WIFI access although they were part of our package. During lunch, it was total mayhem. It might be a busy day for the staff, but service was really poor. We have to wait for ages to take orders, get drinks, or in summary ask for anything. We finally settled down in our room, which was okay but the safe was not functioning. We called for our 3rd single bed which was not there and someone to repair the safe. The first one came but the other one never did. Never mind, we were all ready to enjoy the pool/ beach. We requested for beach towels at the pool counter, and guess what, the staff smiled and gestured towards the pile of used beach towels on the floor - " No more beach towels, all used up" My first thought was "what, how can this even happen?" Granted, the hotel might be fully booked, but surely, isn't this the number of guests that the hotel should be able to accommodate, including its logistics? Then came dinner. After we ate our sumptuous meal, signed for our bill, and were on our way back to the room, when a staff came running and shouting after us, claiming that we have not foot our bill. Another shock to end an eventful first day at the resort.

Luckily, we were able to make good the rest of the holiday, and kudos to be given to some staff who tries their best to provide good service. During our departure at the ferry terminal, the hotel staff who was supposed to make arrangements for our departure was missing (he took our boarding pass when we first arrived). Luckily, I kept a softcopy in my phone and was able to get the boarding pass directly from the ferry operator. This pretty ended my holiday on a bad note.

Will I come back again? Probably, because my child really loved this resort, and we have had such fond memories in our past 2 stays. But what a pity this time round, an idyllic holiday to be marred by so many service lapses probably due to the large number of guests. The hotel management should really look into how the hotel can cope with such situation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Receive my personal gratitude for returning back to Turi Beach Resort in three occasions…
Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences encountered…
I have personally shared your comments with my team to ensure that we all understand the importance of good coordination, attention to detail and hassle-free stay.
I would appreciate if you could communication with me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com for a more personalized and favourable outcome…
Look forward to receive your email at your convenience…
Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I got this place through online promotions and it is value for money. The package inclusive of one night accommodation and breakfast buffet, as well as two way ferry transportation. When I stayed the first time with my friends, one of them left behind his mobile phone in safe deposit and the next day, their front officer emailed me regarding our left behind item in their resort. My friend is very appreciated to their honesty and sincere services. Few months after I visited this resort again! Their staff are very friendly and providing great assistance! Overall we had a great time there and we would recommend this resort to our friends.

Room Tip: Double bed is available upon required
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your time, review as well as for returning back to Turi Beach Resort…
We continuously aim to provide the highest value for money experience… Very glad you felt that way…
Please contact me directly for your next vacation with your friends via antonio@nongsaresorts.com as well as facebook, twitter or linkedin… we always provide the best rate value xperience guaranteed…
Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went to Turi Beach over the weekend recently. The overall experience was great. I would definitely visit the place again. There were a few minor hiccups but the staff was always ready to assist in any way they could.

We were given an early check in. Though we were promised a king sized bed, much to our disappointment we were given 2 separate single beds which could not be moved. The staff was polite and friendly. Since there were no more rooms left with the king sized bed, the staff had arranged for a separate room where they were able to move and combine the beds. The room was further from the beach but it was in the newly renovated wing. The room is spacious with a veranda. The great part was that the TV channels were amazing. The even had HBO and FOX movies premium! The toilet was huge as well! It was really nice and comfortable.

During the trip I had injured my feet and had difficulties walking. The staff were just so wonderful. They arranged for a car to fetch me from my room to whichever destination I wanted to go within the resort. On our second day, we had overlooked the time and nearly missed breakfast. It was only when the staff called us that we realized breakfast was almost over. They had then immediately arranged for a car to pick us up! The breakfast spread was good. They had live stations for prata, egg omelette/scrambled eggs and noodles.

During our stay, we had also arranged for a candlelight dinner. It was amazing. The food was nice and the staff was once again ever so friendly. They had arranged for a chef to be on site to cook the dishes and the ambiance was nice too. It is a nice experience for couples.

Overall despite my injuries, the stay had been a very memorable one. Mainly due to the service rendered. I cant express my gratitude for all the assistance given. They are just so attentive to your needs.

For those who plan on going, just a quick note to take. There is literally nothing nearby the resort. It is really meant for people to just relax and have fun in the sea.

Me and my husband are planning to make this a yearly affair. Great job Turi!

Room Tip: Beach rooms are the best. It is nearest to the sea, sea recreation centre and dining area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Very glad to hear from you…
Wish you are fully recovered from your foot injury…
I am very sorry that we could not provide you with the bed type selected…
Please contact me directly for your next celebration vacation via antonio@nongsaresorts.com as well as facebook, twitter or linkedin… I will make sure that we provide you with an upgraded bed type experience.

A pleasure to welcome you and your partner… Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2D1N here. We got our voucher from Groupon. It was a Sunday when we checked in. There was an event on that day. The resort was packed and crowded,then cleared out around 2pm.Staffs are very welcoming and friendly. The front desk officer was polite and helpful. We checked in early and checked out late.The room was spacious, though there were stains inside the bathroom flooring, hope you can removed it.Over all the room was comfy. There were two pools.Both are quite nice. Complimentary Breakfast was OK.
We just spend time dipping in the pool. I suggest to bring some food since it's far from the city. We enjoyed our stay here and Would definitely comeback. I would recommend this place as well to my friends.Thanks Turi!

• Stayed October 2013
You are most welcome… Receive my appreciation for your time, experience comments as well as for recommending Turi Beach Resort to your friends…

Over 90% of the bathroom tiles stains have been removed… a dedicated team to complete this program currently in place…

If I can be of any assistance to you or your friends, you can reach me via antonio@nongsaresrots.com as well as facebook, twitter or linkedin… Look forward to welcome you back to Nongsa Resorts…. Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed over the weekend with my family. Email received to anticipate my arrival and birthday celebration. From the ferry terminal we were welcomed by very accommodating staff. Inclusive of land transfers from the terminal to the resort which is less than 10mins away. We managed to get connecting rooms overlooking the ocean. Enjoyed swimming in both the infinity pool and beach. Food is OK nothing to rave about. Rooms are of ample size with balcony and modern decor. A bit rundown and needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sunshine Paradise… I love it… thank you very much…
Receive my gratitude for trusting us with your family vacation…
We very much welcome your comments and feedback while we continue increasing our resources and efforts to improve maintenance and cleanliness related notes…
A pleasure to have you and your family back during your next leisure trip…
If I can be of any assistance to you or your family, you can connect with me via antonio@nongsaresrots.com as well as via facebook, twitter or linkedin… Cheers… Antonio Hernandez Canovas
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

3 girlsfriends and I purchases a Groupon voucher and went for a 2D1N stay over the weekend. Reservations and ferry bookings were done hassle-free via email. We arrived promptly at the ferry terminal and were escorted to the resort which was less than 10 mins away. Check-in was smooth and we stayed at the Tirta wing in rooms 302 and 303. We immediately went for a dip in the pool after we settled into our rooms.

Room: The view from our rooms were amazing. We were situated right in front of the Emerald Pool and the sea was just within our gaze. However, the rooms themselves were in a downright filthy state.

Firstly, our safety deposit boxes were not working and we called for the Bell Boy to come and fix it up several times, but no one arrived. We heard excuses like the boy was busy attending to other rooms, hence, we resorted to carrying our valuables with us everywhere we went. The door to the mini-bar was not working and one light was spoilt.

Secondly, there was dust everyone, like on the floors. The bathroom was so dirty that I wore my slippers while bathing. The sink was very badly cracked (in hindsight, I believe it was used by many couples for activities that involved much more than just brushing their teeth and washing their hands). It was so badly cracked that my girlfriend actually thought that it was a design that was just orginally there. There was algae growing between the cracks and there were stains everyone. Thank god, the toilets were alright!

Breakfast: The breakfast was pretty decent and we had a someone show us to our tables right away. Can't complain about the service, it was really good.

General: If I had stayed more than a night, I would have definitely asked for a change of rooms but my girlfriends and I are not even fussy travellers and even for that one night, I was slightly disgusted! It's not like I paid really little for the Groupon, it's a pretty substantial amount for a night (99 SGD) and I feel that the rooms could have been kept in a more decent state.

You can enjoy the views and resort and ignore the state of the rooms, if you don't expect too much :)

Room Tip: Perhaps, dont choose 302 on the Tirta wing, it really semmed to be in a very bad state!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your time and feedback…. greatly appreciated.
Please accpet my apologies for the inconvenience cuased.
We have taken good note on all your remarks and shared them with the relevant teams for priority attention and improvement.
Wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you plan a leisure break in Nongsa, Batam with your girlfriends.
May I be of any assistance, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Cheers… Antonio

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!