“relaxing, clean rooms, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekdays Escapade
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“relaxing, clean rooms, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

stayed for 1 night in room 340 (twin sharing), which is in the new wing (tirta?).

upside:
-room was huge and clean. toilet too. beds and toilet were clean too, except for a few strands of stray hairs, but thats fine. towels provided were clean too. provided basic toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste. water pressure from the shower was strong. hot water available too.
-pool nearest the reception is clean. the other pool (older i think?) was not as clean, there were some leaves floating about
-breakfast was pretty good, quite a wide selection.
-many water sports activities (banana boat, jet ski, wake board, parasailing, fishing) avail, but i didnt do any of them. saw ppl doing jet ski and para-sailing.
-staff was friendly and helpful, allowed us early check in and late check out. also helped us to change our ferry time
-air con in the room was strong

down side:
-room was on top of a slope, but a short walk to the pool and reception.
-no free in-room wifi, but i could get a v slow starhub signal
-shuttle bus to town centre (mega mall) costs S$19.80 for 2 pax. a bit expensive imho.

tips:
1. take the 2nd ferry from sg, the one that leaves around 11am. i took the 740am one, arrived way too early
2. take the 3pm ferry back to sg, coz late check out is at 2pm
3. bring some cup noodles if u dont wish to eat lunch/dinner at the resort. food is slightly expensive. there is a flask to boil water in the room

Room Tip: ask for room 300-304, it is not so high up on the slope
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Receive my gratitude for your valuable time and balance review… greatly appreciated…

Wifi is provided at no cost in the lobby for all guests…

Those reservations made directly with the resort are entitled to Wifi at no cost in the room and public areas as well.

Glad you enjoy your stay and share your experience amongst your friends and colleagues.

Cheers.. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at Turi Beach Resort for 2 days and the whole trip was fantastic. It started off with a cup of icy ginger ale at reception. I was performing the check-in when the staff approached us with the welcome drink. Every staff displayed a smile on and when we approach anyone. There is one special staff which I would like to specially mention on. Mr. Zaenal Abidin, whom I liaise with was very professional in his role.
The objective of the trip was to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. Mr Zaenal took effort in providing me with ideas and recommendations. He replied me promptly in our email conversation and offered to walk us all the way to our room. On top of that, he offered to help us push back our ferry timing. A five star employee who is commendable.
We stayed in room 130. The room is very spacious with a security safe. The toilet is very big and clean as well. It is equipped with rain-shower on top of the usual shower head. A pity there isn't any bathtub in it. They did not provide a comb too. View is perfect from our room as it is within meters from the beach. There are ants too in that room but it isn't a very big concern to us.
They have 2 beautiful pools and many huts too. It is not overly crowded and we were able to enjoy our area of privacy in the pool. Towels were provided upon request. They also provide sea sports for adventure enthusiast such as jet ski (S$39/15mins), banana boating and other water sports.
Meals are slightly pricey (S$11++) but certain dishes are worth the price. Overall experience at Turi Beach was a wonderful one and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Very glad to read your kind and detailed stay review… Very much appreciated…

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your wonderful stay in Turi beach
Resort as well as for recognizing the special service and attention of Mr. Zaenal Abidin…

Please be informed that all our Tirta Suites has bathtub and all Riani Suites has bathtub with Jacuzzi…

We have taken good note on the ants to reinforce our pest control efforts within our jungle…

A pleasure to welcome you back with your partner to enjoy our newly upgraded suites.

Cheers.. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This is my third trip there. Once again the service was exceptional especially Mr Zaenal, the front desk manager. He listened attentively to my comments and requests and showed great professionalism. The location itself is superb if you are honeymoon or if u bring kids. There are 3 swimming pools and one is for kids. Perfect location as near the beach.

• Stayed September 2013
We very much appreciate and welcome your repeated patronage…

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your stay experience as well as to recognize Mr. Zaenal for his professional attention and service.

Please contact me directly when you plan your 4th visit to Turi Beach Resort for relaxation and divertissement…

Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

a peaceful place in batam where u can do many water sports. nice pool, nice environment. rooms are big, staffs are friendly. the only setback is there are no convenience stores around.. so gotta bring ur own snacks and drinks before going there.

Room Tip: try to request a lower level room cos the pool will just be right in front of ur room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
A peaceful chillax resort… indeed the intention… glad you enjoy it…
The boutique shop will undergo renovation within this year and a larger selection of products will be available shortly.

Thank you very much for your time and review as well as for your understanding with any shortcomings during your stay.

Glad to hear from you for your forthcoming trip to try our new Flyboard…

Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nogsaresorts.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were on a 3D2N short getaway trip to Batam and stayed at Turi Beach Resort. We were hoping to catch some good rest to refresh ourselves but our stay there was nothing but just frustration.

The nightmare started the moment we checked in our room.

- stains can be found on the bed sheet, comforter and the bathroom flooring. Even the silicon of the shower glass panel are filled with fungus.

- the toiletries are somehow limited: shower cap, toothbrush, all-in-one shower/ shampoo and a piece of handsoap. That's all.

- the aircon is extremely loud and took almost 2 hours to discharge some miserable cool air. (Note: despite having set the temperature at 16 degree Celsius and the fan speed to the highest level.) The hotel technician checked the aircon system twice and told us the system is working fine. We requested for the concierge for a change of room which they told us will get back to us in one hour but they never did. We later spoke to another tourist staying next door and found out that they are also facing the same issue with the aircon. We decided to give up.

- our room package came with complimentary WIFI but we only received the login details upon our request. The speed is horrible and we are facing problem logging in during the day time. Again, we decided to give up.

- we had our first lunch at the Taming Sari Café and ordered a Ayam Penyet and a Nasi Goreng Kampung (My special order to the waiter: No Beef please for my Nasi Goreng Kampung!) Halfway eating the fried rice, I found small chunks of beef in it and asked for the waiter to verify with the kitchen if they have added beef in the rice. They took the plate away and came back with the same plate telling me that they have changed the fried rice! I asked for the manager and he later came to me apologising that the kitchen had accidentally dropped chunks of beef in the rice and offered to waive the meal. Well, too bad for me!

- We decided to have a swim at the pool on our last day before we check out but the towel room was closed and we have only managed to get the towel from the Emerald Bar after waiting for 20 mins! Nothing got worse when we saw a huge dead centipede in the aqua pool which we swam in!

- we had our last lunch at Taming Sari Café and to be safe, I decided to order a fish burger. Ended up, they served me a beef burger. (Well, this time round, they have took the wrong order.)

Seriously, I can't convince myself in any ways to return to this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry to read your stay review…

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused…

We have shared with all the relevant department the complete feedback of your stay to ensure that our front line team understand how important all those details are.

Please share with me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com the details of your stay to ensure that we can rectify and improve all your comments and experiences as well as to provide you with an extra token touch of hospitality from our end.

Sincerely yours… Antonio
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my second visit to this resort, the last time being more than 15 years ago. We were assigned the new wing that was recently refurbished. As our arrival was after dark, we were showed to the rooms down a dimly lighted path upon check-in. The light on the patio was not turned on, so I had to fumble with the door lock for some time before I could unlock it, then realise that there was another sliding door with the insect netting, followed by 2 layers of curtains before I could enter the room and look for the light switches. Once inside, I was awed by the room, which had very high ceiling and completely white. The bathroom, which has a shower cubicle, WC and a long sink, was huge! Amenities provided here are body & hair washing gel, dental kit, shower cap, after-sun aloe vera gel, bath towels and slippers. Bring your own face towel, body lotion and cotton buds if you need to use them.

The resort has its own spa, 2 swimming pools and sea sports activities. We pre-arranged a group dinner at a hut on the jetty, which was a lovely experience.

If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle to just relax, this would be a good place. Distance to the shopping areas is about 40-minutes by car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for returning back to Turi after 15 years…

Receive my appreciation for liking our newly upgraded accommodation in Riani Wing…

Please accept I would appreciate if you could share with me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com the details of your stay to ensure that we can adjust the light sensors of your room...

Amenities wise, we provide the aloevera lotion instead of the classic white base moisturizer being more suitable for warm climates avoiding perspiration...

For your next shopping experience, you can visit Batu Besar local market within 15 minutes’ drive and Kepri mall within 25 minutes...

If I can be of any further assistance to you or your network, please contact me at your convenience.

Cheers… Antonio
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My staff and I visit Turi Beach on a regular basis. Although it's business trip I always look forward to visiting Turi Beach Resort.
Reasons? 1) The staff are always very cheerful, helpful and always have a smile on their face - that really make my day.
2) They are very attentive, accommodating and always see to your needs - very prompt and reliable.
3) On one occasion when we realized the air-con wasn't working well the Front Office Manager Pak Zaenal attended to us immediately and even offered alternative rooms.
We feel very welcome in Turi Beach resort and MUST add that our stay there on the 5 occasions has been very pleasant and comfortable and always look forward to return again.
I would highly recommend anyone visiting Batam not to give a miss staying at Turi Beach resort.
What more can I say? Keep up the excellent work!!! You guys are doing GREAT!!!
Victor Tan

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your time and detailed favourable review…
We will continue working to ensure that we provide you with an excellent stay every time you visit us…
A pleasure to welcome you back for your six visit…
Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!