“A place to be to chill with great company” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Hang Lekiu, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Last Minute From S$116
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“A place to be to chill with great company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you are looking for an affordable, comfortable, rustic place w a nice view to chillax, this is a place you should be. One would feel so great waking up to the morning fresh air from the sea... And what more, all the rooms in this hotel faces the sea, so you dont have to worry if your view is blocked by things. Room is comfortable, like how you would expect of a chalet or resort. The receptionist are polite and converse very well in English. Turi Resort accepts both Indo Ruppiah and SGD, so I dont have to worry about the finances. Breakfast is alright at Taming Sari Restaurant located in the middle of the 2 wings. Awesome view, no less.

If you are hooked to your devices, you have to pay for WIFI at $3/hr or $20/day.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Receive my personal appreciation for loving Turi Beach Resort while having a relaxing and chill out stay… Wifi in all resort areas is included in offers featured in our website landing page www.turibeach.com; in addition, we are finalizing the technical set up for a free Wi-Fi area for all guests in the lobby within the month of July. If I can be of any assistance to you or your network in the future, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were allocated 2 twin size bedrooms which I have requested for one king size b/r n one twin sharing connecting. After confronting the Front Desk, I was transferred to the new wings but the power tripped at least 5 times. As the haze was at hazardous level, my family decided to stay indoor, however, the power keep tripping, it is really hot n unbearable. I called the FD n complaint and they told me is not their responsibilities as the whole batam is having power failure which is not true. When my family n I went to the pub,the airconditioning is running and the music is playing. So the reception is lying to me. Very unpleasant trip.

• Stayed June 2013
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging your review earlier. We very much understand and sympathized with the way you feel about your stay. During the week of your stay, we have received between 8 to 10 power supply cuts a day resulting in erratic malfunctions of the genset electric panel distribution board sometimes affecting Riani Wing, sometimes affecting Tirta Wing. With all my respects, we never lie to you while I can understand that your experience could lead you to believe so. Regarding your room request, I am not certain if you were aware of the upgrade fee to king size bed at the time of purchasing the voucher resulting in providing you with a twin bed room as stated in the original purchased voucher. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly next time you plan a leisure break in Batam via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to provide you with a more personalized and favourable outcome to address the points mentioned above. Look forward to welcoming you back to Turi Beach Resort. Cheers… Antonio
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I bought a 2D1N deal all in one with ferry & accomodation. When I reached Nongsapura ferry terminal, we went to the Nongsa Counter to inform our timing for the ferry home. The van came to fetch us and the journey to the resort take less than 10 mins. When we checked in, the reception informed us to deposit S$50 which will be returned on the checkout day. I've upgraded to Tirta Premier Beachfront and had to pay additional S$60. As it was raining, one of the staff fetch us to our room with a mini van.

The room is great as its just at the beachfront and spacious. The bathroom is nice as well. There's a front porch with 2 chairs and small round table. The upgrade was definitely worth it. As it was raining the whole day and night, we were unable to venture out and even ordered dinner via room service. The food & drink quite pricey and in S$. I did not change any rupiah dollars as I've checked beforehand that they accept S$ as well. The food was not bad and the tv shows were okay.

On the checkout day, we woke up early for buffet breakfast which was part of the deal which I bought. The food spread was not bad. The view was nice while we ate and after that, we walked around to check out the resort. They had renovation going on the other side of the resort. There was this long jetty which was closed due to the rainy season. As we walked along the beach, there was a worker who was clearing the seaweed from the seawater. It was dirty too so its unsuitable for swimming. Water sport activities like jetski is also available but not sure about the price. There are hammocks and small hut shelter along the beach. The swimming pool looks nice and clean. There wasnt much crowd as it was a Monday. One more thing about this resort is that it is further from the town area so we didnt plan to go out to town for any shopping. This trip was meant to be a relaxing one.

Overall, the experience was nice. The resort is very quiet and relaxing, maybe because it was a Sun & Mon stay. You need to bring more cash in case you might want to spend on the food, activities or spa in the resort. I will definitely go this resort again if I want a relaxing holiday, just chilling and doing nothing.

• Stayed January 2013
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
“Chill-out and do nothing” sounds like the perfect plan to experience for many of our guests including you… I am sorry that the weather back in January was not on your side… During the monsoon season we experienced increased amounts of seaweed that we daily remove from the private beach… Riani Wing, Aqua Pool Bar and Jetty are back to normal operational again; thank you very much for your understanding during this period… Good to have you back during your next chill-out break in Batam and enjoy a great weather and the newly improved areas. Cheers… Antonio via antonio@turibeach.com
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel provides land transfer service which stated in its website. Everything was smooth and we had an enjoyable stay. My kids like to play with sand and as an adult, I had to apply sunscreen for kids and held an umbrella because there is not many trees at the beach. On sunny day, it is very hot.

The hotel buffet breakfast was fine except its coffee seemed not filtered thoroughly.

The lunch buffet we had was ok only and convenient since we did not go to city shopping plaza.

I found that actually we do not have to exchange currency since they accept SGD. If paid with Rupiah cash, it is not worth as the rate is more expensive.

The Batam time is one hour behind Singapore and the sun rise on June was 6 am. I felt I have more time to prepare children stuff:) We booked an earlier time of ferry as want to reach sweet home earlier before evening. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013
A pleasure to read your review as well as your stay insight valuable tips and comments for other guests. We take good note on the coffee remark for review and improvement… For those guests that need to exchange Singapore dollars into another currency, there is a new currency exchange counter in our Nongsapura Ferry Terminal next to the new ferry operator Wave Master. Glad to welcome you and your family back during your next leisure getaway. Cheers. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Yishun New Town, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I actually would rate TURI Beach Resort higher then Montigo Resort at nongsapura, My title above says it all. I was enchanted by the fantastic and beautiful property. All the staffs there are polite and friendly. Service standard, hands down, 1 of the best that I ever had.
A place I highly recommend to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Get the beach front room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Receive my personal gratitude for taking the time to share your ENCHANTING EXPERIENCE at Turi Beach Resort. We are very pleased and honoured with your feedback. In the meantime, we will continue working to ensure that we can deliver another memorable experience during your next stay. Feel free to contact me at your convenience if I can be of any assistance for you, your family and friends via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers. Antonio
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is an excellent Resort with a beautiful beach and romantic surroundings. The Staff are excellent and provide great service with a smile. Enjoyed our stay at the hotel and will certainly want to return again when we can make it.

The only thing which needs looking into is the lighting for the footpaths. There could be brighter lighting so that it would be safer to walk around at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review. Making sure that you enjoy your stay as well as like the beach and natural surroundings is our aim… We are currently working in the ambience lighting system to ensure that you feel safer next time you walk around the resort in the evening. We very much appreciate your time and valuable recommendation. Please contact me directly next time you plan to stay with us. Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had 3D2N stay from 12-14 June. There was chauffeur to drive us to our room. Drinks were served at the reception counter. Staffs were quite fluent in English to answer all enquiries. Scenery was magnificent and breathtaking. The facilities were limited as renovation is still going on.

The downside about this resort is that the food were pricey and there a fee of Sgd$3 for an hour for the WiFi usage.

Overall, I don't mind going back again.

• Stayed June 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review. Glad to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoy our services and facilities. Riani Wing, Aqua Pool Bar and The Jetty are back to normal operational again… thank you very much for your trust and understanding during this quality improvement period. Wifi in all resort areas is included in offers featured in our website landing page www.turibeach.com; in addition, we are finalizing the technical set up for a free Wi-Fi area for all guests in the lobby within the month of July. If I can be of any assistance to you or your network in the future, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Batam View Beach Resort
Hotel Novotel Batam
#22 of 83 in Batam
3.5 of 5 stars 489 reviews
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!