“Good for couples and families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Last Minute From S$116
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore
“Good for couples and families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had 3D2N stay from 12-14 June. There was chauffeur to drive us to our room. Drinks were served at the reception counter. Staffs were quite fluent in English to answer all enquiries. Scenery was magnificent and breathtaking. The facilities were limited as renovation is still going on.

The downside about this resort is that the food were pricey and there a fee of Sgd$3 for an hour for the WiFi usage.

Overall, I don't mind going back again.

• Stayed June 2013
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review. Glad to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoy our services and facilities. Riani Wing, Aqua Pool Bar and The Jetty are back to normal operational again… thank you very much for your trust and understanding during this quality improvement period. Wifi in all resort areas is included in offers featured in our website landing page www.turibeach.com; in addition, we are finalizing the technical set up for a free Wi-Fi area for all guests in the lobby within the month of July. If I can be of any assistance to you or your network in the future, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

3D2N short getaway. Stayed in a Tirta premier room at level 2. Real nice and spacious room with fantastic seaview. Sadly, Riani Wing area was undergoing some upgrading works and the Aqua Bar I was looking forward to was closed. Fridge in the room wasn't working and resort staff offered to send ice over without hesitation. Island Bar jetty was also under maintenance but bar still in operation. Had dinner at Taming Sari Café, nice music, nice view, nice ambience, basically nice everything. Food was okay. Breakfast buffet spread was rather limited though. Went for an hour of comfy Indonesian Massage at Tspa. Staffs were all very friendly and courteous throughout our stay. Really don't mind going there again!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review. Thank you very much for your kind comments and favourable feedback. Please be informed that Riani Wing, Aqua Pool Bar and The Jetty are operational again. We highly appreciate your flexibility and understanding during your last stay. Please contact me directly next time you wish to experience the new Riani Wing via antonio@nongsaresorts.com and I will provide you with a personalized pre-opening pack. With best regards. Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I attended a conference at the beach resort. I was pretty excited when I arrived - looked like a nice resort and being so close to Singapore where I live, I was imagining coming back for a weekend getaway. Common areas seemed pretty nice, but the room was really disappointing. This property has not been well maintained. I was prepared based on reading other reviews, but was disappointed to find the bathroom was not cleaned. The trash from the previous guest was not cleared out and just looked hastily cleaned in general (some possibly lizard poo on my basin that wasn't cleaned even after i'd asked my room to be cleaned properly). Pillows were the lumpiest i'd ever slept on - all 4 in my room. Food was so-so - granted we were eating buffets for every meal. In any case, I wouldn't return, which is a shame since I really wanted to like this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review earlier. This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to share your stay experience with us during your conference. We continue working closely together with the housekeeping team to improve their skills and supervision to avoid similar experiences in the future. Glad to welcome you back next time you plan a relaxing break in Batam. With best regards. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
Sin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

1st day - Service was good. Was shown to the room. Went straight to the pool and had dinner at Taming Sari. Was escorted to the seat and had our dinner. Cleared our plates promptly. Next day breakfast, all was OK too.

2nd day - We went for dinner again at the same restaurant, this time we were not seated indoor. No explaination was given why we were ushered to the Japanese Retaurant and was left halfway between the 2 restaurants. My guess was they were having a 'private function'?? Or coz we did not intend to have buffet but wanted ala-carte instead???

Upon reaching the restaurant the waiter was clueless when we told them we wanted to have the western food instead of Japanese. He seated us inside and only to be told by another waiter, that only Japanese food consumption is allowed inside. So... we had to change to outdoor seats.

2nd day breakfast is just like our dinner experience. Cutleries was not set-up. We had to ask for it. No pro-active/attentive staffs.Those with kids, be prepared to bring your own cups and plates for your lil ones. They do not provide plastic utensils for them.

Pool is great!! But the poolside service staff was not attentive at all. Shortage manpower I guess. No one walked ard the pool to offer a glass of ice water or anything. We had to walk to the bar area to ask for the menu.

All in all, great view. Far from the busy town which I love. Nice big spacious rooms. Dats it.

I travelled with 2 toddlers aged 3 and 2yo. I suggest, the resort do someting to make it more children friendly coz I do see alot of families with very young kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review. I very much appreciate all your comments, feedback and recommendations while we understand your mix feelings experience during your stay. We will continue working on each of your remarks to ensure that you love us as much as you love your big city next time you visit Turi Beach Resort. If I can be of any assistance until then, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com With best regards. Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

If looking for a nice place to stay on Batam, stay somewhere else! They did allow us an early check-in (around 9am). After taking us to our room, we found it was DIRTY!! Toilet was not clean, stains on bathroom walls that easily wiped off if someone actually bothered to clean, and ants all along bathroom floor. Porch had not been swept; as if no one had stayed in this room for months! We asked to switch rooms and they took us to the new wing. Again, we found ants crawling on the bedroom floor this time and IN THE SHEETS!!!! We stepped on some of the ants and about 50 swarmed up from the floor. We informed management we would not be staying here and they convinced us to see a third room. Again, ants on the floor. They promised they could clean, change sheets, and spray for bugs. They did and we didn't see a bug again. However, we did not receive any discount or bonus. Rooms are not sealed to outside so anything can get in! Restaurants/ food very limited and expensive. Litter floating in the water and no one swam in the water, only the pool. We followed suit in case they were aware of something we weren't. Staff seem to stay at the resort, so you will see the same people again and again. Would not recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Inspect room upon arrival. Lots of ants crawling on floors/ even in sheets
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your review. I am truly sorry to read your comments. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with all the details of your booking stay via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to provide you with a more personalized reply and favourable feedback - outcome. In the meantime, I had shared all your comments with my team and the pest control contractor for correction. Regarding the employee comments, only guests actually stay in resort while our staff lives around Batam. Thank you very much for your time and understanding. With best regards. Antonio
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed in Turi beach resort for 2 days. I reached resort at around 11:00 am whereas check-in starts at 2:00pm, but staff let us do early check-in as the room was available. Room was clean and beach facing, which I guess all rooms are. It has nice pool, kids had lot of fun. Resort offers many activities like Spa, Adventure activities like Banana boat ride, Kayake, Wall climbing, bungee jumping etc. I got Indonesian Urut massage which was good but not value for money. You can get better massages at lesser price outside. Banana Boat ride, Jet skiing and Kayake are good activities to try.

Breakfast provided so many options for vegetarians also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. Thank you very much for sharing your family enjoyable stay experience with us. Whenever possible and subject to availability, we aim to have all rooms ready prior to every guest arrival. We continue adjusting the breakfast buffet with your comments and expectations to ensure a great start every morning. Glad to welcome you back during your next leisure family break in Batam. Cheers. Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked for a long weekend, and really wish we'd done Bintan instead. Location wise, when you take into account long queues it felt much more inconvenient to get to than resorts we've stayed at in Bintan. For SGD443 per night I would have expected a higher standard of room and a higher standard of resort. We were given a room with single beds, and no option to change to a king size bed. There was mould in the bathroom, and the shower temperature was temperamental - turning up the temperature turned down the pressure. Limited choice of restaurants, with average quality food. The main pool was closed for renovations, which we weren't advised of on booking. One saving grace was the water sports - reasonably priced and kept the kids (big and small) entertained for ages.

Room Tip: On check in request your bedding options
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. I am really sorry to read that we could not stand up to your expectations during your long weekend vacation. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with all the details of your booking stay via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to provide you with a more specific reply and favourable feedback. With best regards. Antonio

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!