I had visited this resort briefly for a day trip some months ago. When a friend of mine decided to visit Batam, I thought this would be a nice place to spend a quiet night.
Booked via Internet and the room matched what I paid for... In fact I ended up in one of the new standalone rooms by the beach. These were really fantastic. Getting to and from the main hotel is still a bit of a challenge as the beach path isn't finished yet, and there are more renovations going on in the middle area where you should be able to take a shortcut.. Once those are finished it won't be a problem, but till then, be careful where you walk!
My friend is Indonesian - we didn't experience any issues as mentioned by another reviewer - in fact I think we got better service than most!
- good price for level of comfort and the place was busy without being crowded
- easy to get to
- friendly staff who went to extra lengths to help make our stay more memorable
- free wifi and good connection speed
- pool facilities were very good
- various water sports available and all were being used
- good choice of food
- check in seemed a bit haphazard for some guests... There was a bit of a commotion around reception and perhaps not enough staff at peak, such as when a tour bus would pull up. My check in time was okay, though I had to sit and wait for the queue to subside for about 10 minutes.
- entertainment options are very limited.... I recommend you bring your own if going as a group.. There's a band during dinner, but after that everything seems to close down. The bar (Yacht Club) wasn't very welcoming, and I seldom saw anybody in there - with so many people in the resort, I thought there might be a bit more life in there
- the food was good, but nothing special. In the absence of anything much also to do at night, I think this could be better. I didn't eat at the Japanese restaurant, so I don't know what that's like. The buffet was okay, but no real 'wow' factor. There was a BBQ on the night we were there - again it was a chance to do something really memorable (Java style ribs, etc) but it was pretty average.
- wine selection was extremely limited
- in room mini bar contained water only, though you could request other items to be sent to the room
- landscaping and access to new wing needs to be addressed... It was an obstacle course getting back at any time, especially at night
- parts of the grounds had rubbish all over the place ... We walked around the point past a small soccer field.. There was paper cups and plastic bottles everywhere and no sign of anybody cleaning it up
- day trippers arrived on Sunday.. One group of about 8 young men took over one end of the pool .. Might have been more irritating if you were looking for a quiet afternoon after lunch.. I was checking out so it didn't worry me too much. Again, there's another pool in the renovation area, so that will help once its available.
if you go, and I recommend you do, try to get one of the new wing rooms with beach view.... Very relaxing.
Well done to the staff... Great service overall.
- Also Known As:
- Turi Beach Resort Batam
- Turi Beach Batam
- Turi Beach Hotel Batam
- Turi Beach Resort Batam/Nongsa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turi Beach Resort, Where Chic Meets CharmImmerse yourself in this Indonesian boutique paradise and explore the beauty of nature.Nestled in Nongsa Resorts, at the northeast part of Batam Island, and 35 minutes away from Singapore by ferry and 15 minutes from Hang Nadim Airport. Set amid 7.7 hectares of beautiful green landscaping in a tranquil tropical village, Turi Beach Resort features Modern - Minimalist accomodation in Tirta wing and Riau – Balinese in Riani wing. All 140 rooms and suites are facing the sea being well spread over the beach front and the hillside.Turi Beach Resort is your idyllic retreat in the tropical Riau Islands amidst unspoilt beauty and fine beaches where tranquility and impeccable service are rightly yours to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Turi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.