“Relaxing location.. Some minor improvements needed to make it a lot better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Relaxing location.. Some minor improvements needed to make it a lot better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I had visited this resort briefly for a day trip some months ago. When a friend of mine decided to visit Batam, I thought this would be a nice place to spend a quiet night.

Booked via Internet and the room matched what I paid for... In fact I ended up in one of the new standalone rooms by the beach. These were really fantastic. Getting to and from the main hotel is still a bit of a challenge as the beach path isn't finished yet, and there are more renovations going on in the middle area where you should be able to take a shortcut.. Once those are finished it won't be a problem, but till then, be careful where you walk!

My friend is Indonesian - we didn't experience any issues as mentioned by another reviewer - in fact I think we got better service than most!

Pros:
- good price for level of comfort and the place was busy without being crowded
- easy to get to
- friendly staff who went to extra lengths to help make our stay more memorable
- free wifi and good connection speed
- pool facilities were very good
- various water sports available and all were being used
- good choice of food

Cons
- check in seemed a bit haphazard for some guests... There was a bit of a commotion around reception and perhaps not enough staff at peak, such as when a tour bus would pull up. My check in time was okay, though I had to sit and wait for the queue to subside for about 10 minutes.
- entertainment options are very limited.... I recommend you bring your own if going as a group.. There's a band during dinner, but after that everything seems to close down. The bar (Yacht Club) wasn't very welcoming, and I seldom saw anybody in there - with so many people in the resort, I thought there might be a bit more life in there
- the food was good, but nothing special. In the absence of anything much also to do at night, I think this could be better. I didn't eat at the Japanese restaurant, so I don't know what that's like. The buffet was okay, but no real 'wow' factor. There was a BBQ on the night we were there - again it was a chance to do something really memorable (Java style ribs, etc) but it was pretty average.
- wine selection was extremely limited
- in room mini bar contained water only, though you could request other items to be sent to the room
- landscaping and access to new wing needs to be addressed... It was an obstacle course getting back at any time, especially at night
- parts of the grounds had rubbish all over the place ... We walked around the point past a small soccer field.. There was paper cups and plastic bottles everywhere and no sign of anybody cleaning it up
- day trippers arrived on Sunday.. One group of about 8 young men took over one end of the pool .. Might have been more irritating if you were looking for a quiet afternoon after lunch.. I was checking out so it didn't worry me too much. Again, there's another pool in the renovation area, so that will help once its available.

if you go, and I recommend you do, try to get one of the new wing rooms with beach view.... Very relaxing.

Well done to the staff... Great service overall.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. Receive my gratitude for trusting us with your last vacation in Batam. I am very glad to read that you and your Indonesian girlfriend had a lovely stay and enjoy our new Riani wing accommodation. All your remarks have been shared amongst the relevant executives for inclusion under the quality improvement plan. The Aqua pool and the jetty will open within the next two weeks. May I be of any assistance until your next visit, please contact me directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Turi Beach is ideal for a quick getaway from hectic Singapore. We have visited three times in the last 18 months. The 35 minute ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry terminal followed by the provided transport to the resort is very convenient. However, the price of food, drinks and spa treatments are comparable to Singapore. The resort’s policy of charging in Singapore dollars, converting to Rp, then converting to Singapore dollars inflates prices disproportionately. While the resort maintains a good standard for such a remote location and major improvements are being done to the old wing, the expense of food and drink can be somewhat offputting when considering quick getaway destinations.

Room Tip: As of May 2013 there are still
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. We very much appreciate that this is the 3rd stay in 18 months as well as your remarks regarding all the progressive improvements. Not being able to alter the government laws in terms of credit card charges, we always recommend paying cash in Singapore dollars to avoid any currency exchange effects. I look forward to welcome you back on your fourth stay during your next leisure break in Batam. Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went few times in this resort,which is near by Singapore.
After 45mn by ferry give you the tone, suddenly you feel in an other planet... Far from the buzz of the BIG city but still near...
The staff was friendly, we booked via internet, and they accommodate us to allocate a new room, without extra charges...
The room was clean as well as the resort, which not always the case in other places....
Food is ok, not fantastic but not bad.
in few words, if you fancy a short break, it can be the place...
Should I go back, definitively, YES.

Room Tip: private bungalow for couple...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. Thank you very much for returning back to Turi Beach Resort in several occasions and especially for sharing with us your stay comments and tips. I am very glad that you enjoy the newly renovated rooms in Riani wing. We will continue working on the food to make it “guao” next time you are in the resort. Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went for a 4D3N stay at Turi Beach resort to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday. Booking process through the web was efficient and they even took request to decorate the room for my son's birthday. Check in was pretty quick and we were in our room in less than 5 minutes. Believe we even got a room upgrade since our room was '1' series ie facing the beach. weather was great which contributed to the nice stay. Overall good

Pros
1. Close to Singapore with reasonable room rate (SGD 200/night)
2. Good and friendly staff
3. Reasonable food quality and decent price particularly for the snacks at the bar (burgers etc)
4. Pool was nice and had warm water

Cons
1. Cleanliness can be improved- eg we had ants in our room on 1st day and they bought a insect killer but I would have liked this to be done prior to our arrival
2. Beach- narrow stretch of beach with water activities as well... again beach can be made more cleaner by the staff
3. More kids friendly- eg swings, slides for kids; specific cutlery/menu choices, DVD for rental etc
4. More fogging needs to be done to reduce mosquitoes
5. Minimart items need to be improved- eg they did not have a handwash when we needed

again, overall a more value for money than club Med (spent $1200 vs $3200 at Club med) for a similar stay. If they want to increase popularity among families they need to be more family oriented with more kids activities

Thanks again to staff of Turi for making it a fun trip

Room Tip: Rooms starting with 1 facing the beach
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. I personally appreciate all your inputs and recommendations to ensure that we can provide a more family friendly services and activities as well as a more naturally sound beach and room environment. We had included all your feedback and recommendations in our operation action plan for progressive improvement and implementation. A pleasure to have you with us during your next family relax break in Batam. Cheers… Antonio via antonio@nongsaresorts.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went for a 4D3N stay at Turi Resort at the Tirta Wing.

Took a 30 min ferry ride from Singapore Tanah Merah Ferry terminal to Nongsapura ferry terminal at Batam. Was happy to find complimentary shuttle service at the terminal to the resort.

Checking in was a breeze, staff was friendly and the view at the reception is just stunning. We were given a room on the 2nd floor. We upgrading to 1 x king size bed, and the room was clean and simple - with high ceiling and full length window overlooking the resort swimming pool and the sea - really great.

Am a sucker for bathroom cleanliness - have to say the bathroom is spacious and clean, no bath tubs though.

Food wise, you can choose to stay in the resort to dine in - they have different restaurants offering different cuisine types. Read reviews that the food is pricey, but in all honesty, the service and food quality is good given the price. If you wish to get cheaper food, just reach out to the friendly frontdesk staff for a taxi to Batam Centre or Nagoya Hill.

I have to mention that the breakfast buffet lineup is impressive, every day's menu gets better. The staff are always so friendly and welcoming, makes the start of your day real great :)

In terms of activities, the resort offers water sports (didn't try any though) and spa treatment. Tried a 60min massage - it was alright. Good thing is they cater to couples with couple massage rooms. You can also check out the pool area, which overlooks the sea - great place to chill and relax.

With all the good reviews given, I have only one qualm about my stay - once night falls, walking within the resort can be quite a scary experience. It is fine at the heart of the resort where the restaurants are and the area is brightly lit. But walking around the rooms area, poolside or beachfront can be tough with lowly lit lights. Hope that the hotel management can do something about that.

All in all, it was a good trip. Will definitely visit again for a quick and relaxing getaway.

Would like to give special thanks to Mr. Adhitya who served us at the frontdesk - very friendly and attentive staff :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We take good note on the evening lighting while we continue increasing the lighting spots and unit’s brightness. Thank you very much for recognizing Mr. Adhitya efforts to make your stay a memorable one. Glad to hear from you next time we can be of assistance either for your or your family, friends or colleagues via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Really enjoy myself during the stay, the night scene is romantic, fantastic with all sorts of elements such as romantic, chill out, quiet place at the beach, nice night walk along the pavement next to the sea (without barrier, so be careful), the layout and design of the resort is beautiful.
During daylight, the pool is clean (without high level of chlorine like singapore pool), fresh and extremely nice experience by the pool and swimming in the pool. The American style breakfast buffet is fantastic, the restaurant is by the beach, so sea wind blowing, coconut tree, sea view, all this is excellent for a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: I was staying at Executive Suite when I check in at 640pm (late check in) and paying the price of st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. Thank you very much for taking the time share your feedback with us… greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcome you back during your next romantic bliss in Batam. Please contact me directly at your convenience if I can be of any assistance via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Got to know this resort thru Groupon n decided to give it a try since we were looking for a quick escape retreat. We arrived resort in the morning. The hotel transfer from ferry terminal was prompt (they provide trsf for every ferry arrival time). Ferry to resort takes less than 10min by car. We were amazed by the friendly and warm staffs at the lounge, at the pool, anywhere! Kudos to the Management team on emphasizing n bringing out the real importance of great service in the hospitality industry! !

We took the shuttle ride to batam megamall (SGD8++/round trip) and had A&W for lunch before we check-in at ard 1pm plus.

Room:
Stayed in room #214.
Contemporary resort style, spacious, clean & cosy with bedroom slippers. Wide varieties of Tv programs which also airs sg channels. We were glad we could still catch our annual event 'the stars award' in batam!

Toilet:
We appreciate that amenities like toothbrush and hairdryer is provided.

View:
Our balcony faces the sea directly. We woke up at 6am (batam time) to catch the rising Sun right in front of our balcony. However beware of monkeys that might swing by. Refrain from leaving your personal items at the balcony.

Emerald pool:
Comfortable size for everyone to hv their private corners. Pool lounge drinks cost rather pricey. A general cocktail cost SGD18 . Btw most items are charged in SGD in the resort.

We decide to try their steamboat set for dinner (sgd27++ per couple set). Portion is acceptable with generous veg and tom yam soup base.

Breakfast spread is good with a good combination of western and Chinese cuisine. Cosy n relaxing ambience that plays jazz.

Ala carte lunch recommendation: Nasi Padang

Staffs:
Nothing bad to whine about their 5 star friendliness. Almost every staff we met will definitely grins, smile and greet!! Staying in a resort with these batch of service oriented staff truly lift our holiday mood.

Tips:
If you are worried about mosquito, just pack along some mosquitoes patches. We find them useful. We pasted 1 on our bed and toilet and we had a mossie free room!

Tspa: promo going on ~Get 30 mins extension for every 60min massage. A general massage cost SGD58 ~ pls book in advance if you are keen to visit. We were abit late hence most of the slots were taken up during our stay :(

Frm resort to town
Megamall abt 25mins. The massage ctr has closed down so for those whose looking for massage pls go Nagoya hill (ard 45mins) instead.

Summary
Pros:
- great hoapitality great service
- resort with direct beach access
- value for money rooms

Can be improved:
- electric repellent againts mosquitoes
- can extend shuttle trip to Nagoya hill
- lesser waiting time for a-la-carte meals (avg waiting time is 30mins)

Overall we love this resort. A quick getaway we can access easily. Definitely will be back soon.

• Stayed April 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. We very much welcome your comments and recommendations… We will work into each one of them and improve accordingly. May I be of any assistance to you or your network, please contact me directly at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!