“Excellent Relax and Rest Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Relax and Rest Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Really enjoy myself during the stay, the night scene is romantic, fantastic with all sorts of elements such as romantic, chill out, quiet place at the beach, nice night walk along the pavement next to the sea (without barrier, so be careful), the layout and design of the resort is beautiful.
During daylight, the pool is clean (without high level of chlorine like singapore pool), fresh and extremely nice experience by the pool and swimming in the pool. The American style breakfast buffet is fantastic, the restaurant is by the beach, so sea wind blowing, coconut tree, sea view, all this is excellent for a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: I was staying at Executive Suite when I check in at 640pm (late check in) and paying the price of st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. Thank you very much for taking the time share your feedback with us… greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcome you back during your next romantic bliss in Batam. Please contact me directly at your convenience if I can be of any assistance via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio

536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Got to know this resort thru Groupon n decided to give it a try since we were looking for a quick escape retreat. We arrived resort in the morning. The hotel transfer from ferry terminal was prompt (they provide trsf for every ferry arrival time). Ferry to resort takes less than 10min by car. We were amazed by the friendly and warm staffs at the lounge, at the pool, anywhere! Kudos to the Management team on emphasizing n bringing out the real importance of great service in the hospitality industry! !

We took the shuttle ride to batam megamall (SGD8++/round trip) and had A&W for lunch before we check-in at ard 1pm plus.

Room:
Stayed in room #214.
Contemporary resort style, spacious, clean & cosy with bedroom slippers. Wide varieties of Tv programs which also airs sg channels. We were glad we could still catch our annual event 'the stars award' in batam!

Toilet:
We appreciate that amenities like toothbrush and hairdryer is provided.

View:
Our balcony faces the sea directly. We woke up at 6am (batam time) to catch the rising Sun right in front of our balcony. However beware of monkeys that might swing by. Refrain from leaving your personal items at the balcony.

Emerald pool:
Comfortable size for everyone to hv their private corners. Pool lounge drinks cost rather pricey. A general cocktail cost SGD18 . Btw most items are charged in SGD in the resort.

We decide to try their steamboat set for dinner (sgd27++ per couple set). Portion is acceptable with generous veg and tom yam soup base.

Breakfast spread is good with a good combination of western and Chinese cuisine. Cosy n relaxing ambience that plays jazz.

Ala carte lunch recommendation: Nasi Padang

Staffs:
Nothing bad to whine about their 5 star friendliness. Almost every staff we met will definitely grins, smile and greet!! Staying in a resort with these batch of service oriented staff truly lift our holiday mood.

Tips:
If you are worried about mosquito, just pack along some mosquitoes patches. We find them useful. We pasted 1 on our bed and toilet and we had a mossie free room!

Tspa: promo going on ~Get 30 mins extension for every 60min massage. A general massage cost SGD58 ~ pls book in advance if you are keen to visit. We were abit late hence most of the slots were taken up during our stay :(

Frm resort to town
Megamall abt 25mins. The massage ctr has closed down so for those whose looking for massage pls go Nagoya hill (ard 45mins) instead.

Summary
Pros:
- great hoapitality great service
- resort with direct beach access
- value for money rooms

Can be improved:
- electric repellent againts mosquitoes
- can extend shuttle trip to Nagoya hill
- lesser waiting time for a-la-carte meals (avg waiting time is 30mins)

Overall we love this resort. A quick getaway we can access easily. Definitely will be back soon.

• Stayed April 2013
Please accept my apologies for not acknowledging earlier your guest review during my annual leave. We very much welcome your comments and recommendations… We will work into each one of them and improve accordingly. May I be of any assistance to you or your network, please contact me directly at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers… Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed for a night at Turi and found it to be alright. It was quiet and peaceful which was what we needed and the private beach allowed our son to have his share of fun with the sand and water. Of course you should not be expecting standards of Maldives but the water was still pretty clear and there are several beach activities you can do. Wonderful Indonesian customer service! Staff were always warm and greeting us at the resort. However, they did forget about my husband's birthday cake which they said they will be providing when we were there. We did not eat out and had all our meals at the resort. Price was a little hefty but it was a buffet spread so you can sit, take your time and enjoy your meal. Theres not much to do anyway. The theme for dinner was bbq and they had a band performing as well as a lucky draw going on. From our room, you get a view of the beach and sea. Room was simply furnished and the size was average. Not to big and not too small. Though we found it weird that their bathroom was spacious as there was not a tub so it looked pretty bare.We loved the pool too though there isnt any slides or the likes for the children. If you would like to go shopping, the city centre is pretty far, almost 45 minutes away from the resort so do plan your timing around well.

A simple resort with a beach that allowed us great family time together.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much to you and your family for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your last birthday celebration. I am very sorry that we forgot your husband birthday cake. Please email me directly to antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to find out how this happened and do the needed to avoid a similar event happening again. I will revert back to you with my findings and a favourable outcome. Regarding shopping places, you can find the first local street market in Batubesar less than 15 minutes’ drive from the resort, Kepri Mall within 25 minutes, Batam Center in around 30 minutes and Nagoya Hill around 40 minutes. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at your convenience. Cheers. Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This small break was supposed to be a romantic interlude with my girlfriend. The resort is on Batam, a small Indonesian Island close to Singapore. It's a pleasant enough resort on the north east tip. Easy to get to from Singapore (a 40 minute ferry ride from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal).

However it seems that because my girlfriend is Indonesian (whilst I am Caucasian) the resort staff made a point of being rude and rather disrespectful to her.

We arrived at the hotel separately as I was coming from Singapore and my girlfriend from Indonesia. She arrived first and she had an email copy of our reservation.

When my gf checked in she was asked to wait to be seen so she went and sat down on a sofa. Then a Singaporean couple arrived to check in. They also sat down – and they were offered a welcome drink! My gf was not. Small point, but it was indicator of the hotel's attitude to Indonesians girls / mixed couples anyway!)

Then she was then taken to our hotel room. But the room had 2 separate single beds. She pointed out that we were a couple and that we wanted a double bed! Your staff ignored her request and would not allocate another room to us with a double bed!!

So she sent me an SMS about the problem. I called the hotel immediately, spoke to the front desk and they allocated us another room immediately. They would respond to me but not to my Indonesian g/f.

The next evening we were dining in the restaurant. My gf wanted another coke to drink. One of your waitresses was walking passed so my gf asked the waitress for another coke. They made eye contact - waitress understood the request. But she just walked off and did not bring the coke. When the waitress walked by again, I stopped her and asked for a coke for my gf. The waitress then went away and bought it.

Needless to say this rampant racist and misogynistic attitude to my girlfriend ruined our break. I subsequently complained via email to the hotel management and received a generic response in return.

To be fair to the hotel I never saw them being rude to either the Singaporean couples or the Caucasian couples. Go figure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Extract from my personal email to your attention on April 7th. This is to show our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience experienced during your last stay with your girlfriend. We very much welcome and appreciate every guest in Turi Beach Resort regardless of their nationality or race. It is very unfortunate that you and your girlfriend had that experience during your last stay in our resort. Your email comments have been shared amongst all relevant executives and employees for follow up and improvement. Please be re-assured that we will continue training and guiding our team to ensure that a similar scenario does not occur in the future. May you or your network requires any assistance in the meantime, please contact me at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers. Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked a 3D2N stay here recently.

+ Staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was classy and generally comfortable, the pool was great.

- MOSQUITOES! They came out at night and ensured we could not sleep. The aircon wasn't chilling the room properly so this meant that if we didn't use the blanket, we would be bitten. But if we used it, we would be sweating all night!

Someone came to 'check' the AC but all he did was fiddle with the knob and said it was OK. It was running, sure, but our point was that it wasn't chilling the room enough (perhaps it was the high ceilings?)

As for the mosquitoes, staff came with bug spray and despite spraying the room and keeping all doors and windows closed, the mosquitoes came on both nights.

Food options are OK: quality is decent but a little overpriced but what can one do? Unless you take a 45 minute taxi ride into town you're captive to the resort's restaurants. They know that and charge accordingly. After all the taxes are added, a beer could end up being S$9 (that's pricier than Singapore!).

We would stay again but do hope that these issues can be rectified. We noticed that the first floor units had newer AC units installed (instead of ducted AC). Perhaps this could be also done for the rooms upstairs?

PS: A tip for visitors. Walk 5 minutes to Nongsa Point Resort. The restaurant there serves better tasting food in a rather pleasant colonial setting. Marble tables, ceiling fans. Happy Hour (5-7pm) = 50% off all drinks. Nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments and recommendations…. Greatly appreciated. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the mosquitoes and the air condition. The current air condition thermostats are replaced as they break to ensure that the air condition produces the temperature mentioned in the control box. We currently have happy hour from 5 pm to 7 pm. Starting in the middle of next month, we will provide happy hour from 5 pm to 7 pm and from 9 pm to 11 pm. The new Director of Food and Beverage is currently working with the kitchen team to upgrade the look and feel of our menu and dishes. Please contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com next time you plan to visit Batam to ensure that we provide you with the best possible deal and outcome. Cheers. Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Dissapointed with the service. Two days before I did send an email asking for 3 rooms all 3king size bed. They reply, ok. When we enter the room upon arrival, one if the room is 2 singlw bed. We ask them and they said, "coz you all are family. So we put all 3 room nxt to nxt door" its not worth for one room $363, while in bangkok with that price I already got suite n free wifi. Request for another bed need to topup again. 1hr wifi $3. Next day we had our breakfast, blackout. No light no fan. All perspiring include my baby. When we ask again thrice, den saw they called and back okey after 40mins later. One of the waitress, the hair bud up, shows an arrogant face with no smile. But the guys there is quite helpful. At nights, they should improve on the light as it was toooo dark.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback during your recent stay in Turi Beach Resort. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused regarding the room type allocation. Regarding the Wifi, we have launched a special promotion including Wifi for those guests booking directly through our website or via email. Regarding the lights at night, we are progressively upgrading the voltage of the light bulbs to equally balance ambiance and safety. Please contact me directly next time you plan a leisure break in Batam via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to ensure that I can provide you with a favourable outcome for both stays. Cheers. Antonio
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tot of weekend getaway whether with frds or family? This is the right choice & u will not regret. Went with hubby & 2 kids during Easter holiday. We got a room facing the swimming pools and beach. Although its on the 4th floor but its so easily accessible by lift. Beach and the pools are juz within walking distance with sea sports of ur choice. We were greeted by friendly receptionist upon arrival. Room was cosy & spacious even with an extra bed placed & also huge bathroom. Good variety choice of breakfast & we had our first dinner at the Japanese restaurant. Foods were better than expected. Dinner on 2nd day was BBQ Buffet and it was great too. The pools water was never cold no matter what time u drip yourself into the water. We can be at the pools like 10am in the morning and break for lunch & back into the water after that. To summary it, we are planning for our next return. This time, not the four of us but my maternal family... Kudos to the crews of Turi Beach Resort...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your favourable feedback and positive experience. We look forward to welcome you, family and friends back soon. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com. Cheers. Antonio

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!