“Ok for a short getaway from busy Singapore” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Ok for a short getaway from busy Singapore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed for a night at Turi and found it to be alright. It was quiet and peaceful which was what we needed and the private beach allowed our son to have his share of fun with the sand and water. Of course you should not be expecting standards of Maldives but the water was still pretty clear and there are several beach activities you can do. Wonderful Indonesian customer service! Staff were always warm and greeting us at the resort. However, they did forget about my husband's birthday cake which they said they will be providing when we were there. We did not eat out and had all our meals at the resort. Price was a little hefty but it was a buffet spread so you can sit, take your time and enjoy your meal. Theres not much to do anyway. The theme for dinner was bbq and they had a band performing as well as a lucky draw going on. From our room, you get a view of the beach and sea. Room was simply furnished and the size was average. Not to big and not too small. Though we found it weird that their bathroom was spacious as there was not a tub so it looked pretty bare.We loved the pool too though there isnt any slides or the likes for the children. If you would like to go shopping, the city centre is pretty far, almost 45 minutes away from the resort so do plan your timing around well.

A simple resort with a beach that allowed us great family time together.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much to you and your family for selecting Turi Beach Resort for your last birthday celebration. I am very sorry that we forgot your husband birthday cake. Please email me directly to antonio@nongsaresorts.com with your stay details to find out how this happened and do the needed to avoid a similar event happening again. I will revert back to you with my findings and a favourable outcome. Regarding shopping places, you can find the first local street market in Batubesar less than 15 minutes’ drive from the resort, Kepri Mall within 25 minutes, Batam Center in around 30 minutes and Nagoya Hill around 40 minutes. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at your convenience. Cheers. Antonio

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This small break was supposed to be a romantic interlude with my girlfriend. The resort is on Batam, a small Indonesian Island close to Singapore. It's a pleasant enough resort on the north east tip. Easy to get to from Singapore (a 40 minute ferry ride from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal).

However it seems that because my girlfriend is Indonesian (whilst I am Caucasian) the resort staff made a point of being rude and rather disrespectful to her.

We arrived at the hotel separately as I was coming from Singapore and my girlfriend from Indonesia. She arrived first and she had an email copy of our reservation.

When my gf checked in she was asked to wait to be seen so she went and sat down on a sofa. Then a Singaporean couple arrived to check in. They also sat down – and they were offered a welcome drink! My gf was not. Small point, but it was indicator of the hotel's attitude to Indonesians girls / mixed couples anyway!)

Then she was then taken to our hotel room. But the room had 2 separate single beds. She pointed out that we were a couple and that we wanted a double bed! Your staff ignored her request and would not allocate another room to us with a double bed!!

So she sent me an SMS about the problem. I called the hotel immediately, spoke to the front desk and they allocated us another room immediately. They would respond to me but not to my Indonesian g/f.

The next evening we were dining in the restaurant. My gf wanted another coke to drink. One of your waitresses was walking passed so my gf asked the waitress for another coke. They made eye contact - waitress understood the request. But she just walked off and did not bring the coke. When the waitress walked by again, I stopped her and asked for a coke for my gf. The waitress then went away and bought it.

Needless to say this rampant racist and misogynistic attitude to my girlfriend ruined our break. I subsequently complained via email to the hotel management and received a generic response in return.

To be fair to the hotel I never saw them being rude to either the Singaporean couples or the Caucasian couples. Go figure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Extract from my personal email to your attention on April 7th. This is to show our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience experienced during your last stay with your girlfriend. We very much welcome and appreciate every guest in Turi Beach Resort regardless of their nationality or race. It is very unfortunate that you and your girlfriend had that experience during your last stay in our resort. Your email comments have been shared amongst all relevant executives and employees for follow up and improvement. Please be re-assured that we will continue training and guiding our team to ensure that a similar scenario does not occur in the future. May you or your network requires any assistance in the meantime, please contact me at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers. Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked a 3D2N stay here recently.

+ Staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was classy and generally comfortable, the pool was great.

- MOSQUITOES! They came out at night and ensured we could not sleep. The aircon wasn't chilling the room properly so this meant that if we didn't use the blanket, we would be bitten. But if we used it, we would be sweating all night!

Someone came to 'check' the AC but all he did was fiddle with the knob and said it was OK. It was running, sure, but our point was that it wasn't chilling the room enough (perhaps it was the high ceilings?)

As for the mosquitoes, staff came with bug spray and despite spraying the room and keeping all doors and windows closed, the mosquitoes came on both nights.

Food options are OK: quality is decent but a little overpriced but what can one do? Unless you take a 45 minute taxi ride into town you're captive to the resort's restaurants. They know that and charge accordingly. After all the taxes are added, a beer could end up being S$9 (that's pricier than Singapore!).

We would stay again but do hope that these issues can be rectified. We noticed that the first floor units had newer AC units installed (instead of ducted AC). Perhaps this could be also done for the rooms upstairs?

PS: A tip for visitors. Walk 5 minutes to Nongsa Point Resort. The restaurant there serves better tasting food in a rather pleasant colonial setting. Marble tables, ceiling fans. Happy Hour (5-7pm) = 50% off all drinks. Nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments and recommendations…. Greatly appreciated. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the mosquitoes and the air condition. The current air condition thermostats are replaced as they break to ensure that the air condition produces the temperature mentioned in the control box. We currently have happy hour from 5 pm to 7 pm. Starting in the middle of next month, we will provide happy hour from 5 pm to 7 pm and from 9 pm to 11 pm. The new Director of Food and Beverage is currently working with the kitchen team to upgrade the look and feel of our menu and dishes. Please contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com next time you plan to visit Batam to ensure that we provide you with the best possible deal and outcome. Cheers. Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Dissapointed with the service. Two days before I did send an email asking for 3 rooms all 3king size bed. They reply, ok. When we enter the room upon arrival, one if the room is 2 singlw bed. We ask them and they said, "coz you all are family. So we put all 3 room nxt to nxt door" its not worth for one room $363, while in bangkok with that price I already got suite n free wifi. Request for another bed need to topup again. 1hr wifi $3. Next day we had our breakfast, blackout. No light no fan. All perspiring include my baby. When we ask again thrice, den saw they called and back okey after 40mins later. One of the waitress, the hair bud up, shows an arrogant face with no smile. But the guys there is quite helpful. At nights, they should improve on the light as it was toooo dark.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback during your recent stay in Turi Beach Resort. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused regarding the room type allocation. Regarding the Wifi, we have launched a special promotion including Wifi for those guests booking directly through our website or via email. Regarding the lights at night, we are progressively upgrading the voltage of the light bulbs to equally balance ambiance and safety. Please contact me directly next time you plan a leisure break in Batam via antonio@nongsaresorts.com to ensure that I can provide you with a favourable outcome for both stays. Cheers. Antonio
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tot of weekend getaway whether with frds or family? This is the right choice & u will not regret. Went with hubby & 2 kids during Easter holiday. We got a room facing the swimming pools and beach. Although its on the 4th floor but its so easily accessible by lift. Beach and the pools are juz within walking distance with sea sports of ur choice. We were greeted by friendly receptionist upon arrival. Room was cosy & spacious even with an extra bed placed & also huge bathroom. Good variety choice of breakfast & we had our first dinner at the Japanese restaurant. Foods were better than expected. Dinner on 2nd day was BBQ Buffet and it was great too. The pools water was never cold no matter what time u drip yourself into the water. We can be at the pools like 10am in the morning and break for lunch & back into the water after that. To summary it, we are planning for our next return. This time, not the four of us but my maternal family... Kudos to the crews of Turi Beach Resort...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your favourable feedback and positive experience. We look forward to welcome you, family and friends back soon. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com. Cheers. Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Doesn't provide that basic level of customer service,unbelievably poor customer service,no greeting,no smile give us that sour look,not friendly.Especially One of the lady saw her name tag named Delvi whom incharge during breakfast on april 6 &7 .Hope you can train them well how to deliver excellent oriented customer service . e rest of e staff so-so but not friendly enough.Food taste ok but not much varieties not worth the value. Stayed at tirta premier,the view was awesome ,spacious room but sadly ,toilet flooring was badly stained ,many ants scatter ard.Sadly i would not recommend it at all and would consider stop staying in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
This is to show my gratitude for your time and feedback. I am very sorry that you had that experience during your stay in our resort. All employees in the resort follow an induction program every year regarding if they are new employees or existing employees where we re-enforce the importance of showing and sharing with our guests the gracious Indonesian hospitality. Regarding Ms. Delvi, she has been approached and counselled by her director supervisor. The rest of your comments have been shared amongst the relevant department heads for corrective action and improvement. If you reconsider to visit us again, please contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com . Glad to welcome you back in Turi Beach Resort. Cheers. Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Being only 40 min ferry from Taneh Merah, this is an excellent choice for a short weekend away with the kids. Bintan takes over an hour, and by then, you're checked into your room at Turi Beach Resort. We came here with another family and we all had a fantastic weekend. The rooms are comfy, modern and spacious. Beds a bit too hard for my liking, but for two nights, it was ok. Breakfast buffet suitable, and the Saturday evening BBQ could have had a few more local choices. Watersports at your doorstep make for a fun day. Bad points - STAIRS. We were traveling with 3 children in prams, and there is only stair access to the pool area. Quite difficult when no one around to help you lift the strollers. Putting in a ramp to the pool would make any future trips better. Bottled water no easily provided. The hotel notes the room water is not potable, yet will only provide 2 bottles of water per room, per day! This is not enough for parents traveling with young children who need to sterilise water to wash and refill baby bottles. Housekeeping would not provide more than an extra 2 bottles.
Overall, a great weekend away, and will stay again.

Room Tip: 4th, 3rd and 2nd floors access via lift. 1st floor requires you to carry luggage down some stairs to...