Booked a 3D2N stay here recently.
+ Staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was classy and generally comfortable, the pool was great.
- MOSQUITOES! They came out at night and ensured we could not sleep. The aircon wasn't chilling the room properly so this meant that if we didn't use the blanket, we would be bitten. But if we used it, we would be sweating all night!
Someone came to 'check' the AC but all he did was fiddle with the knob and said it was OK. It was running, sure, but our point was that it wasn't chilling the room enough (perhaps it was the high ceilings?)
As for the mosquitoes, staff came with bug spray and despite spraying the room and keeping all doors and windows closed, the mosquitoes came on both nights.
Food options are OK: quality is decent but a little overpriced but what can one do? Unless you take a 45 minute taxi ride into town you're captive to the resort's restaurants. They know that and charge accordingly. After all the taxes are added, a beer could end up being S$9 (that's pricier than Singapore!).
We would stay again but do hope that these issues can be rectified. We noticed that the first floor units had newer AC units installed (instead of ducted AC). Perhaps this could be also done for the rooms upstairs?
PS: A tip for visitors. Walk 5 minutes to Nongsa Point Resort. The restaurant there serves better tasting food in a rather pleasant colonial setting. Marble tables, ceiling fans. Happy Hour (5-7pm) = 50% off all drinks. Nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turi Beach Resort, Where Chic Meets Charm. Immerse yourself in this Indonesian boutique paradise and explore the beauty of nature. Nestled in Nongsa Resorts, at the northeast part of Batam Island, and 35 minutes away from Singapore by ferry and 15 minutes from Hang Nadim Airport. Set amid 7.7 Hectares of beautiful green landscaping in a tranquil tropical village, Turi Beach Resort features Modern - Minimalist accommodation in Tirta and Riani wing. All 140 rooms and suites are facing the sea being well spread over the beach front and the hillside.Turi Beach Resort is your idyllic retreat in the tropical Riau Islands amidst unspoilt beauty and fine beaches where tranquility and impeccable service are rightly yours to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Turi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turi Beach Resort Batam/Nongsa
- Turi Beach Batam
- Turi Beach Hotel Batam