“Relaxing weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekdays Escapade
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Relaxing weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Booked a short weekend break thru Groupon and was given the room we requested on the Tirta Premier wing which gave us splendid view of the emerald pool and the south china sea. Being on the fourth floor, the breeze was lovely.
The twin room was clean and the balcony added a lovely outdoor living space which was used to gaze into the ocean.
Breakfast was pretty extensive but by 9.30am, most food were not replenished and the clearing up was dead on time - 10am ! It would have been nice if a ten minute grace is given especially with the yogurt and fruit.

Fusion buffet spread served a good spread of local as well as international food however I find it a bit pricey after the tax. We were approached by one of the restaurant representative about the fusion dinner in the lobby and was sold by the extensive menu attached with the price excluding tax (21%). Drinks were not included apart from tea or coffee and I find them a bit pricey too.
All the price listed in the menu was without tax but when the bill is presented, we always get a slight shock on how much more we had to pay. I think it is better to have all price quoted, to include all hidden tax and charges. There was also a dinner and dance event held at the emerald pool with a stage and proper emcee. So it got very annoying when the singers from the fusion dinner buffet clashed voices with the presenters or singer from the corporate event. It was clear and very loud and most times, highly annoying especially during the time when the singer from the restaurant takes a break. We could hear all that was being announced from the corporate event stage.

The 2 emerald pool was lovely and clean. As we arrived on a quiet weekend, there were plenty of sun lounges. The beach was only a few metres away and very clean.
I had a very relaxing time there, enjoying a tranquil moment either by the pool or on the balcony of the room.

I also went for a full Indonesian massage at the spa. It was good to start with but a little annoying towards the end, as the masseur started to fall asleep. And the massage stopped 10 minutes before time was up.

My one other suggestion would be for the management to provide free wi-fi and then it would have been almost perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We very much welcome detailed comments and precise experiences allowing us to review our current services and procedures with the intention to avoid similar happenings for future guests. All your tips and recommendations have been shared with the relevant teams for action and improvement. Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to provide you with the perfect experience. Moving forward and as soon as the new internet provider completes the Wi-Fi installation and trial tests in all areas of the resort, guests will be able to enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi if they book directly through the resort website or reservations email. Wish to have that ready for your next vacation in Batam. Glad to welcome you back shortly. Cheers. Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Pros:

1) The room was big and spacious and provided a good view of the sea
2) The swimming pool was very clean and we enjoyed our swim in it. The bar at the pool played nice music too so it's very good just to sit there, suntan and chillax
3) It's very windy throughout we stay there and it was really refreshing just to sit by the beach and let our minds relax
4) We were fully recharged after our stay in the resort over the weekend
5) Breakfast was good
4) Hotel transfer provided both ways and were timely

Cons

1) The resort is secluded and to get to the city centre you have to either take a cab or pay for the hotel's shuttle
2) There's no provision store near the resort and food and drinks at the resort are very expensive. Beer is SGD$7.5 and a typical meal around SGD$15 per pax.
3) Except for the swimming pool, you have to pay to enjoy all other activities at the resort

Room Tip: Bring your own snacks and beer from Singapore else it will be very expensive to buy at the resort. A...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Very glad to read your stay feedback analysis… thank you very much for your time and inputs… Having to import most of the items from Singapore or having to pay them in Singapore dollars prevent us from providing lower rates in certain products or services; on the other hand, you can enjoy daily happy hour from 5 pm to 7 pm. The boutique shop is currently adding new items while you will be able to find a larger minimart in Nongsa Point Marina and Resort – sister property just 5 minutes’ walk along the beach. Activity wise, we provide a daily calendar of free and paid activities organized from the Cabana Club located in the seafront. Wish we have the opportunity to welcome you back and improve your last experience in the resort. please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. Cheers. Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was planning for a short trip on the 09-10March2013 with my partner and our colleagues recommended us this resort. Was abit reluctant and hesitate to choose this as one of our destination after we read all the reviews on this resort. However, we decided to give it a try and be adventurous. (honestly, the pictures of the resort that won our heart)

Looked through the website and saw that they have some promotions for travel agent’s staffs (I’m working under the travel industry) and that promotion/rate is quite attractive. However, didn’t get to book our accommodation under this promotion as they require us to give them our staff card (with self-photo and id number) which my company don’t have that. But this didn’t dampen our spirit. We managed to get another promo from Plus! BigDeal. Purchase the vouchers and booked for our accommodation.

The communications through email with the reservations was really fast and they do reply us within 24hrs and assist us with whatever enquiry we had. They even assist us to book the BBQ Fusion buffet dinner.

Check-in was fast and easy eventhough there were other travelers onboard the same transfer with us. We do not need to wait so long eventhough we reached the resort before the official check-in time.

First impression – WOW! The view from the hotel lobby, the structure of the resort is beyond amazing. Every rooms are with seaview and if you’re lucky, you will have room with seaview and also the Emerald pool. Just the view from the hotel lobby already made a good impression of the resort. It was breathtaking. We got room #310 which is actually abit far from the lift lobby. The room, the bathroom is spacious and we can actually run around the room (But the flooring do need a little bit of policing as they do looked abit dirty) The balcony was the nicest spot among all and we actually sat for hours just to chat while looking at the sea, the jetty and swimming pool lighted up at night and with the wind blowing on our faces. It was really amazing.

We stayed within the resort during our stay and was mostly by the swimming pool or the beach. It was really relaxing. The structure of the pool is really amazing as we got to admire the sea while dipping in the swimming pool.

Went for the BBQ Fusion buffet dinner. It was a good spread and plenty of choices. (It will be better if there are more seafood choices) and the best part was, we won 2nd prize during the lucky draw. It really made our day.

Overall, this is an amazing place to relax and stay away from our hectic days back at home. The view is so amazing and no words can describe it any further. It’s really worth the money to be here eventhough most of the things are quite expensive. The staffs are all friendly and helpful and do made us feel homely. We will definitely plan to go come again and to redeem our prize too. We seriously made the right choice to choose this resort for our trip.

We did enjoyed staying over at this resort and thanks to everyone that assist us.
Good job!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We very much appreciate your comments and feedback… well noted and shared amongst the relevant departments for rectification and improvement… Please accept my apologies for not being able to extend the hospitality rate during your last stay… Reservations have been briefed to find suitable alternatives to confirm the hospitality employment status. Very glad to hear from you when you plan to return to redeem your prize. May you or your network require any assistance in the meantime, please contact me via antonio@nongsaresorts.com. Cheers. Antonio
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were staying there after 1 day CNY as family and friends gathering.

It's nice and relax place, as well as quiet place. It only took about 35 mins from Tanah merah (Singapore) to Nongsa. Followed by land-travel about 10mins. The Turi's staff will arrange our return ferry, they will ask our passport's number and return date.

When we reached, we got to wait as they have not cleaned the room yet. So it's only one room available.

The room was okay, but can be better as our air-con was not very cold although we have adjusted to 16 degree celcius. During our stay, there was power trip for few hours...it was my first time experience in the hotels. They did not inform us till my husband had to find out himself outside the room. Well...it's hororable experience as it happened ard 10pm till about 1-2am, my daughters were sweating while sleeping so i kept myself awake to keep the room windy.

The view from our room was great. It's beachfront room at Tirta Premiere. And near to swimming pool. Beach is just okay as there were alot seaweeds. Hope to see blue sea, but it's disappointed, the sea looks normal.

Sport wise is good, as our friends enjoy it such as banana boat, motorboat, etc.

I do not really like their foods, it's overprice and not very authentic Indonesian foods. Eggs station during breakfast was not good either. Usually this station is always my favorite. The only nice is mie goreng.

I would advise you to bring mineral water as they sell it overprice. I really need it for my daughters. They sell it at $3 for one small bottle (please note it's not the bigger bottle). Otherwise you can cook the water using tap water. As my daughter is too small, i prefer mineral water. The minimart is too small, nothing much there. I went there for mineral water, but they didn't have it, so asked me to go to their bar which is the next door. Got to wait for awhile as they did not have the exchange.

My kids enjoy playing at the beach and swimming pool only. For our next vacation in Batam, i would prefer to look for other place.

Room Tip: Choose Tirta Premiere Beachfront
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your time and valuable comments. Although check-in time is from 2 pm onwards we aim to have every room clean and ready according to every guest arrival time – occasionally this many not be possible depending on the occupancy reached the night before or the check-out time of every guest.
Please share with me your room number and date of stay to ensure that we can rectify every one of your remarks.
Regarding the condition of the beach, we have two cleaning teams – one in the morning and one in the afternoon… depending on the condition of the sea and tides, you may experience sometimes seaweed on the shore.
I would appreciate if you could contact me directly (antonio@nongsaresorts.com) next time you plan a leisure time with your family in Batam to ensure that we provide you with a memorable stay and the personalized attention amongst others missing during your last stay. Cheers. Antonio
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My absolute favorite whenever I need a weekend break.

45 minutes away from Singapore and located on Nongsapura, it is significantly less crowded than other resorts, and the sea sports is amazing.

Although everything is quite pricey for Batam, but many Singaporeans like this resort because it is so beautiful.

The resort is split into 2 wings - Riani, which is more rustic, and Tirta, which is modern and simplistic. Both times I stayed at Tirta simply because it is nearer to the infinity pool.

The double-storey infinity pool, albeit small, is very pretty, especially at night when lit up.

There are many hammocks as well, and another huge pool which sees many families soaking for hours. You can simply walk down to the beach as the resort sits right on it.

Both pools have bars which serve up average cocktails but tasty coconuts.

There are also sightings of monkeys which are friendly and harmless!

Overall I think it is a resort worth visiting and returning to. I always leave feeling rejuvenated and happy.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to share with us your favourable feedback and memorable stay in Turi Beach Resort. We will continue growing our efforts to maintain and develop our resort with new products, facilities and personalized service. Look forward to welcome you back in Turi Beach Resort soon. Cheers. Antonio
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went to Batam with a group of friends and was really attracted by the pictures of how the resort looked like and its facilities. No doubt, the place was fantastic, perfect for a getaway.
Worth the money for an amazing view and quiet surroundings.
The resort provides water activities within its compound which is good. Prices were a little overpriced, but we were happy to know that there was a 10% discount after playing. We tried banana boat as well as parasailing. Good experience for both because the staff will assist you and look out for your safety.
The staffs were friendly, smiley and helpful when needed! I would love to come back to this resort again.

However, upon check in, we were required to pay a deposit sum for the rooms we booked, which they did not refund when we check out. We only realised after boarding the ferry back. We called the resort about the issue and the response given was ridiculous. Up until now, I wasn't given a clear instruction of how I could claim my deposit sum back.
Overall, it was truly a great experience, however do be careful and aware of how they charge, because different staff will tell you different things. Check and confirm the prices of everything that you are about to spent in the resort clearly with the lobby staff as they tend to add additional charges on top of the rate they tell you.

I would recommend people to stay there, however do have your meals outside, and explore other parts of batam! Seafood is really cheap there, near Nagoya Hill, there is a stretch of street food with vendors selling satay, there is a stall that sells Mutarbak which is damn good!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Receive my personal appreciation for your valuable comments and recognition. Please contact my directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com at your earliest convenience to ensure that we provide you with the refund as soon as possible. Please also share with me your comments regarding different rates depending on which staff you approach. Thank you very much for your time and assistance. Cheers. Antonio
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Spent two days at Turi Beach. While it is a nice location, the resort itself has quite a bit to work on before it lives up to its 'Chic Meets Charm' slogan!

LOCATION: Ostensibly a beach resort, the view is fantastic and the convenience hard to beat (only a 10 minute bus ride after a 35 minute ferry from Singapore). The resort looks out over Turi Beach, which offers an excellent view of the shipping traffic along the strait - this is not to be taken as a downside, it is fascinating to watch the big ships go by in the distance! Unfortunately, the beach itself leaves much to be desired. There is not much sand at high-tide, the water is of questionable cleanliness and stepping on a tar-ball after wading in ankle deep turned me off of venturing near the ocean again.

SERVICE: Friendly staff all-around. While I admit to not speaking any more than basic Malay, one would expect a resort catering to international customers to ensure their staff all have a proper command of English. More than once we hit a language barrier, and at one point, it was apparent the pool staff spoke no English at all.

FACILITIES: The pool is beautiful, clean and well-situated. The rooms are basic but spacious with picture windows and comfortable beds. Restaurants are passable but nothing to rave about. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise was the lobby, a large, open-air space with panoramic views of the beach. The boardwalk has a bar at the end and a view of the ocean and the resort that is truly beautiful. Two-for-one drinks at happy hour is a nice touch!

OVERALL: A pleasant experience but a resort that has much work to do to earn a four or five star rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your stay feedback.

We have taken good note of all your comments and appreciations as well as include them in our quality improvement program to ensure that we provide a better service and improved facilities during your next visit.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you or your network in the future via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Cheers. Antonio

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!