“Quiet Place and relax!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
25 Turiversary fr S$124++
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore
“Quiet Place and relax!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were staying there after 1 day CNY as family and friends gathering.

It's nice and relax place, as well as quiet place. It only took about 35 mins from Tanah merah (Singapore) to Nongsa. Followed by land-travel about 10mins. The Turi's staff will arrange our return ferry, they will ask our passport's number and return date.

When we reached, we got to wait as they have not cleaned the room yet. So it's only one room available.

The room was okay, but can be better as our air-con was not very cold although we have adjusted to 16 degree celcius. During our stay, there was power trip for few hours...it was my first time experience in the hotels. They did not inform us till my husband had to find out himself outside the room. Well...it's hororable experience as it happened ard 10pm till about 1-2am, my daughters were sweating while sleeping so i kept myself awake to keep the room windy.

The view from our room was great. It's beachfront room at Tirta Premiere. And near to swimming pool. Beach is just okay as there were alot seaweeds. Hope to see blue sea, but it's disappointed, the sea looks normal.

Sport wise is good, as our friends enjoy it such as banana boat, motorboat, etc.

I do not really like their foods, it's overprice and not very authentic Indonesian foods. Eggs station during breakfast was not good either. Usually this station is always my favorite. The only nice is mie goreng.

I would advise you to bring mineral water as they sell it overprice. I really need it for my daughters. They sell it at $3 for one small bottle (please note it's not the bigger bottle). Otherwise you can cook the water using tap water. As my daughter is too small, i prefer mineral water. The minimart is too small, nothing much there. I went there for mineral water, but they didn't have it, so asked me to go to their bar which is the next door. Got to wait for awhile as they did not have the exchange.

My kids enjoy playing at the beach and swimming pool only. For our next vacation in Batam, i would prefer to look for other place.

Room Tip: Choose Tirta Premiere Beachfront
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your time and valuable comments. Although check-in time is from 2 pm onwards we aim to have every room clean and ready according to every guest arrival time – occasionally this many not be possible depending on the occupancy reached the night before or the check-out time of every guest.
Please share with me your room number and date of stay to ensure that we can rectify every one of your remarks.
Regarding the condition of the beach, we have two cleaning teams – one in the morning and one in the afternoon… depending on the condition of the sea and tides, you may experience sometimes seaweed on the shore.
I would appreciate if you could contact me directly (antonio@nongsaresorts.com) next time you plan a leisure time with your family in Batam to ensure that we provide you with a memorable stay and the personalized attention amongst others missing during your last stay. Cheers. Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My absolute favorite whenever I need a weekend break.

45 minutes away from Singapore and located on Nongsapura, it is significantly less crowded than other resorts, and the sea sports is amazing.

Although everything is quite pricey for Batam, but many Singaporeans like this resort because it is so beautiful.

The resort is split into 2 wings - Riani, which is more rustic, and Tirta, which is modern and simplistic. Both times I stayed at Tirta simply because it is nearer to the infinity pool.

The double-storey infinity pool, albeit small, is very pretty, especially at night when lit up.

There are many hammocks as well, and another huge pool which sees many families soaking for hours. You can simply walk down to the beach as the resort sits right on it.

Both pools have bars which serve up average cocktails but tasty coconuts.

There are also sightings of monkeys which are friendly and harmless!

Overall I think it is a resort worth visiting and returning to. I always leave feeling rejuvenated and happy.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
This is to show my gratitude for taking the time to share with us your favourable feedback and memorable stay in Turi Beach Resort. We will continue growing our efforts to maintain and develop our resort with new products, facilities and personalized service. Look forward to welcome you back in Turi Beach Resort soon. Cheers. Antonio
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went to Batam with a group of friends and was really attracted by the pictures of how the resort looked like and its facilities. No doubt, the place was fantastic, perfect for a getaway.
Worth the money for an amazing view and quiet surroundings.
The resort provides water activities within its compound which is good. Prices were a little overpriced, but we were happy to know that there was a 10% discount after playing. We tried banana boat as well as parasailing. Good experience for both because the staff will assist you and look out for your safety.
The staffs were friendly, smiley and helpful when needed! I would love to come back to this resort again.

However, upon check in, we were required to pay a deposit sum for the rooms we booked, which they did not refund when we check out. We only realised after boarding the ferry back. We called the resort about the issue and the response given was ridiculous. Up until now, I wasn't given a clear instruction of how I could claim my deposit sum back.
Overall, it was truly a great experience, however do be careful and aware of how they charge, because different staff will tell you different things. Check and confirm the prices of everything that you are about to spent in the resort clearly with the lobby staff as they tend to add additional charges on top of the rate they tell you.

I would recommend people to stay there, however do have your meals outside, and explore other parts of batam! Seafood is really cheap there, near Nagoya Hill, there is a stretch of street food with vendors selling satay, there is a stall that sells Mutarbak which is damn good!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Receive my personal appreciation for your valuable comments and recognition. Please contact my directly via antonio@nongsaresorts.com at your earliest convenience to ensure that we provide you with the refund as soon as possible. Please also share with me your comments regarding different rates depending on which staff you approach. Thank you very much for your time and assistance. Cheers. Antonio
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Spent two days at Turi Beach. While it is a nice location, the resort itself has quite a bit to work on before it lives up to its 'Chic Meets Charm' slogan!

LOCATION: Ostensibly a beach resort, the view is fantastic and the convenience hard to beat (only a 10 minute bus ride after a 35 minute ferry from Singapore). The resort looks out over Turi Beach, which offers an excellent view of the shipping traffic along the strait - this is not to be taken as a downside, it is fascinating to watch the big ships go by in the distance! Unfortunately, the beach itself leaves much to be desired. There is not much sand at high-tide, the water is of questionable cleanliness and stepping on a tar-ball after wading in ankle deep turned me off of venturing near the ocean again.

SERVICE: Friendly staff all-around. While I admit to not speaking any more than basic Malay, one would expect a resort catering to international customers to ensure their staff all have a proper command of English. More than once we hit a language barrier, and at one point, it was apparent the pool staff spoke no English at all.

FACILITIES: The pool is beautiful, clean and well-situated. The rooms are basic but spacious with picture windows and comfortable beds. Restaurants are passable but nothing to rave about. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise was the lobby, a large, open-air space with panoramic views of the beach. The boardwalk has a bar at the end and a view of the ocean and the resort that is truly beautiful. Two-for-one drinks at happy hour is a nice touch!

OVERALL: A pleasant experience but a resort that has much work to do to earn a four or five star rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your stay feedback.

We have taken good note of all your comments and appreciations as well as include them in our quality improvement program to ensure that we provide a better service and improved facilities during your next visit.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you or your network in the future via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Cheers. Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is near the beach, i think it is batam, so cannot expect much. It is a beach and nothing fabulous, the room... i think i stayed in the attap ones, which is not the premier n nothing to look forward to. the aircon is not very cold, the place is not very clean, the beds are not very clean either. I guess i am not paying a premier price so cannot ask for a premier accommodation, but comparing to other hotel in batam, it is not bad. It has a beach, and a not bad accommodation, but very clean but able to stay for 2days 1 night. It is very very far from the city, so pls book a cab before you reach the place, else u will be strended in the hotel and the beach:)

Room Tip: book your own cab, as booking from the lobby is pretty ex
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
This is to show my gratitude for your comments and feedback.
We have shared all your comments with the relevant teams to ensure that all employees understand the importance of cleanliness.
Regarding the distance to the city, please be informed that the first local market is within 15 minutes from the resort and the first international standard department store within 25 minutes.
An inexpensive shuttle bus service is available every weekend. Once the Riani Wing re-opens, we will extend this service on weekdays also. For those guests with family, we encourage them to charter one of the resort new minivans.
Regarding the taxi fee, we will create a chart and place it in our website to ensure that all guests are fully aware of the approved taxi fares.
Glad to hear from you next time you plan to visit Batam to ensure a great stay. Cheers, Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed over the CNY break.
Even though the renovations where still underway for the old wing, the location was quiet, the food was great, especially the Breakfasts.
From pickup at the ferry terminal to a completed check in took less than 30 minutes, they even took care of our return ferry tickets. It is really easy.
For the first time we took the shuttle to the mega mall, and tried out the new location to the spa.
It was a very relaxing and rejuvenating 4 days, it felt like 2 weeks break. I can recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Beach side up on the forth floor have the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind and favourable comments… greatly appreciated. A pleasure to have you back with us next time you wish to experience nature and tranquillity in Batam. Cheers. Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Check out day was dissappointed by the service as they didn't serve us drinking water for our kids though we requested twice !

Food too expensive in the Restaurant, should have menu orders to choose upon our own choice of dishes to cut cost !

Should have a minimart in the hotel itself for urgent needs !

Passage way wasn't bright enough in the night that i got to use my phone's flashlight !

Cldnt get hot shower !

No beverages & snacks equipped in the fridge !

• Stayed February 2013
We very much appreciate and welcome your feedback.

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with basic services like serving water for your kids.

The minimart is currently located below Taming Sari restaurant next to the Aqua Pool; we will look into it and make the signs more visible.

Regarding the lights at night, we currently modifying all the light fittings to increase the amount light in all corridors.

A minibar menu is available in every room.. the minibar items are either available via room service or at the minimart shop.

I have shared all the above with my team for review and improvement.

Please contact me at your convenience if I can be of any further assistance via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Cheers. Antonio

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!