“Passable, but plenty of room to improve!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Ottawa, Canada
“Passable, but plenty of room to improve!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Spent two days at Turi Beach. While it is a nice location, the resort itself has quite a bit to work on before it lives up to its 'Chic Meets Charm' slogan!

LOCATION: Ostensibly a beach resort, the view is fantastic and the convenience hard to beat (only a 10 minute bus ride after a 35 minute ferry from Singapore). The resort looks out over Turi Beach, which offers an excellent view of the shipping traffic along the strait - this is not to be taken as a downside, it is fascinating to watch the big ships go by in the distance! Unfortunately, the beach itself leaves much to be desired. There is not much sand at high-tide, the water is of questionable cleanliness and stepping on a tar-ball after wading in ankle deep turned me off of venturing near the ocean again.

SERVICE: Friendly staff all-around. While I admit to not speaking any more than basic Malay, one would expect a resort catering to international customers to ensure their staff all have a proper command of English. More than once we hit a language barrier, and at one point, it was apparent the pool staff spoke no English at all.

FACILITIES: The pool is beautiful, clean and well-situated. The rooms are basic but spacious with picture windows and comfortable beds. Restaurants are passable but nothing to rave about. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise was the lobby, a large, open-air space with panoramic views of the beach. The boardwalk has a bar at the end and a view of the ocean and the resort that is truly beautiful. Two-for-one drinks at happy hour is a nice touch!

OVERALL: A pleasant experience but a resort that has much work to do to earn a four or five star rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your stay feedback.

We have taken good note of all your comments and appreciations as well as include them in our quality improvement program to ensure that we provide a better service and improved facilities during your next visit.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you or your network in the future via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Cheers. Antonio

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is near the beach, i think it is batam, so cannot expect much. It is a beach and nothing fabulous, the room... i think i stayed in the attap ones, which is not the premier n nothing to look forward to. the aircon is not very cold, the place is not very clean, the beds are not very clean either. I guess i am not paying a premier price so cannot ask for a premier accommodation, but comparing to other hotel in batam, it is not bad. It has a beach, and a not bad accommodation, but very clean but able to stay for 2days 1 night. It is very very far from the city, so pls book a cab before you reach the place, else u will be strended in the hotel and the beach:)

Room Tip: book your own cab, as booking from the lobby is pretty ex
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
This is to show my gratitude for your comments and feedback.
We have shared all your comments with the relevant teams to ensure that all employees understand the importance of cleanliness.
Regarding the distance to the city, please be informed that the first local market is within 15 minutes from the resort and the first international standard department store within 25 minutes.
An inexpensive shuttle bus service is available every weekend. Once the Riani Wing re-opens, we will extend this service on weekdays also. For those guests with family, we encourage them to charter one of the resort new minivans.
Regarding the taxi fee, we will create a chart and place it in our website to ensure that all guests are fully aware of the approved taxi fares.
Glad to hear from you next time you plan to visit Batam to ensure a great stay. Cheers, Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed over the CNY break.
Even though the renovations where still underway for the old wing, the location was quiet, the food was great, especially the Breakfasts.
From pickup at the ferry terminal to a completed check in took less than 30 minutes, they even took care of our return ferry tickets. It is really easy.
For the first time we took the shuttle to the mega mall, and tried out the new location to the spa.
It was a very relaxing and rejuvenating 4 days, it felt like 2 weeks break. I can recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Beach side up on the forth floor have the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind and favourable comments… greatly appreciated. A pleasure to have you back with us next time you wish to experience nature and tranquillity in Batam. Cheers. Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Check out day was dissappointed by the service as they didn't serve us drinking water for our kids though we requested twice !

Food too expensive in the Restaurant, should have menu orders to choose upon our own choice of dishes to cut cost !

Should have a minimart in the hotel itself for urgent needs !

Passage way wasn't bright enough in the night that i got to use my phone's flashlight !

Cldnt get hot shower !

No beverages & snacks equipped in the fridge !

• Stayed February 2013
We very much appreciate and welcome your feedback.

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with basic services like serving water for your kids.

The minimart is currently located below Taming Sari restaurant next to the Aqua Pool; we will look into it and make the signs more visible.

Regarding the lights at night, we currently modifying all the light fittings to increase the amount light in all corridors.

A minibar menu is available in every room.. the minibar items are either available via room service or at the minimart shop.

I have shared all the above with my team for review and improvement.

Please contact me at your convenience if I can be of any further assistance via antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Cheers. Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Visited with my wife & parents; we got the rooms in old wing (which was blessing in disguise), as my parent's loved it. Rooms are spacious and staff is quite attentive.
Outdoor ambiance is too good and it's a self sufficient campus with multiple restaurants and two swimming pools. Just stayed for one night but loved every bit of it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your valuable and favorable feedback as well as for returning back to Turi Beach Resort. Please contact me directly next time you visit Batam to experience the new Riani Wing accommodation in style. May you require any assistance in the meantime, please contact me at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com. Cheers. Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Currently writing this review at tge resort now. Booked an executive suite for 3 days 2 nights stay. I am on my first night currently and already encountered more than 10 times power trip. Its really frustrating. Paid so much for the rooms and getting these nonsense.as I am writing this review, the power already tripped 4 times more.

Was really looking forward to the stay here at turi beach after reading all the good reviews here on trip advisor

Rooms are old but stayable
Beachfront is small
Food are average
Sea Activities looks great.
Views are magnificent

Now just looking forward to get the power back.

Would I recommend anyone here? Hmm...I guess not so eager to. For the same price I paid...could have gotten better. Unless they renovate their rooms and sort out their power issues

• Stayed February 2013
This is to show my appreciation for your value time and feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the power trips. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com and I will make sure that we provide you with a personalized feedback and satisfactory outcome. Sincerely yours. Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is my third time visiting Turi Beach Resort. The last stay was a very pleasant weekend stay, but this time my husband and I came to visit during the middle of the week. Free shuttle bus transfer to the resort is available - just look out for the Nongsa Point bus, and inform the driver you are dropping at Turi. We were the only ones on the bus for our ferry arrival time at Nongsa. It's a 5 minute drive to the resort and upon check-in we were served some iced ginger tea. Very refreshing! We were checked in with no fuss - they will ask for a security deposit though, cash (S$50) or credit card (not charged, only numbers noted down.) The resort was still in tiptop condition, lawns were kept neatly, it was very quiet though! Felt like we were the only couple staying there. Lunch was taken at Taming Sari restaurant, excellent nasi goreng kampung and beef steak. The deep-fried bananas drizzled with chocolate & vanilla sauce and parmesan cheese is very very nice. The restaurant's charges are quite high though compared to what you would pay outside of the resort. I suggest that you pay in SGD instead of rupiah because the hotel uses a higher rate of rupiah than the usual. Our room was neat and clean, and had a wonderful view and easy access to the pool. We spent the next day outside of the resort (reception can book for you a rental car on the spot) but the two nights were spent playing pool (free since we bought drinks) and walking by the beach. The Emerald pool and its bar were also frequented during our stay. We hope to stay in the newly renovated Riani wing next time we visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind feedback as well as for returning back to Turi Beach Resort for the third time. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience the new Riani Wing accommodation. May you require any assistance in the meantime, please contact me at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers. Antonio

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!