“Best resort in Batam; excellent ambiance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekdays Escapade
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Best resort in Batam; excellent ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Visited with my wife & parents; we got the rooms in old wing (which was blessing in disguise), as my parent's loved it. Rooms are spacious and staff is quite attentive.
Outdoor ambiance is too good and it's a self sufficient campus with multiple restaurants and two swimming pools. Just stayed for one night but loved every bit of it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable and favorable feedback as well as for returning back to Turi Beach Resort. Please contact me directly next time you visit Batam to experience the new Riani Wing accommodation in style. May you require any assistance in the meantime, please contact me at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com. Cheers. Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Currently writing this review at tge resort now. Booked an executive suite for 3 days 2 nights stay. I am on my first night currently and already encountered more than 10 times power trip. Its really frustrating. Paid so much for the rooms and getting these nonsense.as I am writing this review, the power already tripped 4 times more.

Was really looking forward to the stay here at turi beach after reading all the good reviews here on trip advisor

Rooms are old but stayable
Beachfront is small
Food are average
Sea Activities looks great.
Views are magnificent

Now just looking forward to get the power back.

Would I recommend anyone here? Hmm...I guess not so eager to. For the same price I paid...could have gotten better. Unless they renovate their rooms and sort out their power issues

• Stayed February 2013
This is to show my appreciation for your value time and feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the power trips. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at antonio@nongsaresorts.com and I will make sure that we provide you with a personalized feedback and satisfactory outcome. Sincerely yours. Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is my third time visiting Turi Beach Resort. The last stay was a very pleasant weekend stay, but this time my husband and I came to visit during the middle of the week. Free shuttle bus transfer to the resort is available - just look out for the Nongsa Point bus, and inform the driver you are dropping at Turi. We were the only ones on the bus for our ferry arrival time at Nongsa. It's a 5 minute drive to the resort and upon check-in we were served some iced ginger tea. Very refreshing! We were checked in with no fuss - they will ask for a security deposit though, cash (S$50) or credit card (not charged, only numbers noted down.) The resort was still in tiptop condition, lawns were kept neatly, it was very quiet though! Felt like we were the only couple staying there. Lunch was taken at Taming Sari restaurant, excellent nasi goreng kampung and beef steak. The deep-fried bananas drizzled with chocolate & vanilla sauce and parmesan cheese is very very nice. The restaurant's charges are quite high though compared to what you would pay outside of the resort. I suggest that you pay in SGD instead of rupiah because the hotel uses a higher rate of rupiah than the usual. Our room was neat and clean, and had a wonderful view and easy access to the pool. We spent the next day outside of the resort (reception can book for you a rental car on the spot) but the two nights were spent playing pool (free since we bought drinks) and walking by the beach. The Emerald pool and its bar were also frequented during our stay. We hope to stay in the newly renovated Riani wing next time we visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind feedback as well as for returning back to Turi Beach Resort for the third time. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience the new Riani Wing accommodation. May you require any assistance in the meantime, please contact me at your convenience via antonio@nongsaresorts.com Cheers. Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend for a night at Turi Beach Resort. The drive from Nongsa jetty to the resort is about 10 minutes. The resort is big and kept clean. We stayed at the 1st floor (cant rmb the name of the wing) and our view was very pleasant. Check in was quick and we were given a gingerly welcome drink. Room was spacious and clean. Toilet was big too. However, there were some stains on the floor and walls in the toilet. But it didnt bother us much.

I must say that the nasi padang at the Taming Sari Cafe was damn good. A little expensive though - a can of coke was SGD4.50. Everything in the resort is a little expensive anyway. There are no shops or minimarts around the resort and the nearest town was a 15 minute drive. We decided to hire a driver a driver anyway to head out to town as there wasnt really much to do. For $30, the driver is yours for 3 hours. BC Mall and Kepri Mall are both about a 30 minute drive away. Nagoya is about a 45 minute drive away. The resort at night was really nice and cosy looking. Because we went during a off peak period, the beach bars werent open.

The breakfast buffet spread was impressive. Wide variety from western to asian cuisine. It was satisfying. Overall, we enjoyed our 1 night stay. If you're looking for nightlife and entertainment or if location is an important factor for you, then i suggest you give turi a miss. But if you're looking for a budget short beach getaway away from all the hustle and bustle, then turi beach is recommended for you. However, personally in my opinion, 2 nights at turi beach would be more than enough.

Room Tip: If you want a calm and peaceful getaway, visit during off peak weekdays. When we were there, the res...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We very much appreciate your comments and feedback. Please be informed that 45% of the floors tiles in Tirta Wing are stain free already; the remaining ones will be progressively removed during the next six months. Please accept my apologies if we did not inform you clearly about the boutique shop / minimart available in Turi Beach Resort and Nongsa Point Marina and Resort. Emerald pool bar is open during the day and the island bar during the afternoon - evening during on and off peak season. The Aqua pool bar will be open shortly after the enhancement program is completed in Riani Wing. Glad to have you back in Batam during your next leisure break. Cheers. Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

went there w frens to celebrate their bday.

Like the room view as I'm staying at the Riani Superior and we took 2 connected room. The room is facing the sea view. a short walking distance to the restaurant.

Like the BBQ dinner & breakfast ...look so yummy ;)

The environment ard the resort also very nice and been ard for some shoot .. sad as its raining on that time.

the actual date of travel is 04/06/2011 (no longer available in drop down list for selection)

Room Tip: room is with cottages type which is quite special and with traditional Indonesian decor & privat...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
A pleasure to read your review… Riani Wing accommodation will be full available during the second quarter of 2013 although a few beachfront rooms have been opened during the Chinese New Year celebrations with very favourable feedback from our first guests. Glad to have you have back shortly. Cheers. Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had stayed at the Turi Beach Resort from 26-27th of Dec 2012 with my boyfriend.From the minute you land through ferry to the hotel it's a smooth ride.Each room has an impeccable view and the staff is just out of this world.For my evening at the island bar it was a pleasure to be served fresh satay even though there weren't many guests.On our departure my boyfriend had forgotten his phone at one of the sitting areas near the pool.We called back the same day on return to Singapore but no luck.And then a week later I found out that the hotel staff was desperately truing to reach me as they had found the phone.Within the next three days they made arrangements to have the phone hand delivered to Singapore port and the staff personnel kept following up every hour.I am going to go back for the food, ambience,staff and the experience and would recommend the same to all my friends.

Room Tip: All their rooms have a sea view.They are coming up with a new wing which will have traditional Balin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Receive my gratitude for taking the time to share your favourable Turi Beach Resort experience with us. We continue aiming to improve our service and grow our products and services during 2013. Count on us to provide you with a memorable experience during your next vacation in Nongsa. Cheers. Antonio
China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were charmed by the idea of getting to an Indonesian resort that was so close to Singapore: 30 mn ferry + 10mn free shuttle. Landscapes at arrival were lush and nice, and we quickly arrived at the resort. Lobby was beautiful, and check-in fast, with a gingery welcoming drink. So far, so good.
On the positive sides: our room was spacious, with nice view of the sea + pool, and had a private small balcony with Balinese-style furniture. Aircon / fan were working properly, bed and bathroom were big. Relaxing sound of waves from the sea.The pools and small beach all looked very nice and well-maintained, surrounded by beautiful coconut trees.

Now on the down sides: bathroom was yellowish and looked like it badly needed a good renovation. There were some stains on the floor pretty much everywhere. Previous guests had used some of the bathroom amenities, but they were not replaced. The mini-bar wasn’t working, and there was no adapter in the room. WIFI was invoiced at a high price (20 SGD day), and we had to wait for a staff to bring the cable in our room along with password...Quite cumbersome, we found. Also, we could not connect our 2 laptops at the same time: connection was only valid for 1 computer at a time.
Now in terms of service: we found the staff helpful and fast whenever we asked for something (ice cubes for our wine bottle, bottle-opener, room-service …). At some point we had a medical emergency and they reacted very professionally, offering both medical assistance as well as someone on duty all night on our balcony. I really appreciated this.
The only small thing that felt wrong (5 stars people, don't freak out...!) is when they let our room service tray from the night before “rot” in front of our door for almost 24h…there was a colony of interesting insects all over it..!

Except for the Japanese Teppaniaki which was good, the food was definitely no-thrill: few western dishes and a selection of Indonesian dishes sadly lacking savor compared with the street food you can find. Beers came lukewarm from metallic cans instead of cold bottles, and wine by the glass was awful, like vinegar (probably bottle was opened for too long). You are far better set with a full bottle, with a wider selection of 8 different wines (most are Aussie Chardonnay). Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand was very nice, at 50 SGD.

Entertainment: Unfortunately, not much to do or see nearby, and the hotel doesn’t rent motorcycle or bikes, although they can order you a cab. I can't picture being on a long stay in this resort, unless you are very much in love and can live cloistered in your room for your whole stay. If like me, you like discoveries, outdoor activities and going out at night, a few days is really enough.

You can enjoy Turi if you are 1/ on a short stay (nothing to do around) 2/ on a tight budget but wanting to get a “resort feel” with nice views at affordable price. But if you are looking for 5 stars thrill, you will be disappointed. Again out of fairness: half of the resort is currently under-going intense renovation (there was however no construction noise) : watch out in 2013, as this may significantly improve some of the above negative points (while hopefully, prices will remain affordable!)

Room Tip: Well, if you are not limited in terms of budget, go for the best room category you can afford! Ask f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Antonio H, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
This is to show my appreciation for taking the time to provide us with your stay feedback. We are currently re-polishing the tiles in every room in Tirta Wing to remove all built-in stains during the construction of the rooms – one third has been completed already. The addition to our team of a Training and Quality Improvement Manager will assist us to address in a faster way all service related inconsistencies. We have shared your Wifi comments with the new internet provider to re-program the access system allowing more than one user per room. At the same time, we are testing a free Wifi channel to be available within the next three months. I look forward to welcoming you back to experience the new Riani wing accommodation available no later than April this year. With best regards. Antonio - antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!