“Beautiful landscape.. perfect place to destress” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turi Beach Resort

You added Turi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Turi Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Hang Lekiu | Nongsa, Batam Island, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29465, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
25 Turiversary fr S$124++
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful landscape.. perfect place to destress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

Bought a 2D1N package frm deal.com.sg for a quick getaway at Turi Beach wif my family frm 14-15 May. We arrived at Turi in the morning & were blown away with the view from the main lobby. Check in was smooth & fast & we were glad that we are able to chk in to 1 of the rooms first right away. We were greeted by Mr Ahmad & he was kind enough to arrange for a van to send us right up to our rooms.

Our rooms are located at the Riani wing. I understand that this is the older wing & being the older wing, well the rooms are kind of... old.... but it does gives a rustic environment. I hope that the management will keep it well maintain so as not to spoil the beauty of it.

Had our lunch at Taming Sari Cafe. We kindda regret choosing the lunch buffet. Shd ordered food frm a la carte menu instead as we saw others eating better food frm the menu as compared to the buffet. Another thing that I need to highlight to the management is abt the flies in the cafe. It kindda spoiled our appetite as its hard to eat with the flies swarming in our faces trying to share our food. Even at the buffet spread we could see the food being "conquered" by the flies & it do makes us wonder whether its safe to consume the food. Perhaps the management shd consider making the cafe air conditioned?

Luckily the fushion dinner saves the day. We lurve the open concept dinner with live band to entertain us. The food spread were commendable & quite a variety. My only complain is that we have to purchase our own drinks & for a small glass the price is a tat too expensive. I heard frm a friend that the last time she went Turi & had the same fushion dinner there's free flow range of soft drinks, juices etc.

While eating dinner we were wondering what to do nxt & decided to go karaoke at the Yacht Club Bar. There's this guy who was kind enough to help us enquire the rates & even helped us to book the room. Its a pity I forgot to ask his name coz he's very helpful & shd b commended. 1 hr of karaoke cost sgd 10 & if u extend after the 1st hr is only at sgd 8 for another hr. There's a variety of songs collections too!

Wat we enjoyed most was walking across the long bridge in the morning. We took loads of pictures & the morning breeze give us a feeling of refreshing tranquility.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Turi Beach. Due to the short stay we didnt hv time to try the water sports. We hope to be back & the nxt time we will try the new Tirta wing. I personally would like to thank Mr Antonio for accomodating my request with regards to the rooms, Mr Ahmad for being there to personally greet us upon arrival & he was also there when we were checking out to ask whether everything was fine & whether we had a pleasant stay. To Mr Kristianto, thk you for your patience for handling my reservation enquiries & also for helping to order for me the kuih lapis... they were indeed delicious. Last but not least to Ms Jumianty for her kind assistance to arrange for us transportation to be send to the ferry terminal earlier.

Our sincerest thanks,
Yasmin & Family

• Stayed May 2011
Palmesano1965, General Manager at Turi Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2011
Dear Ms. Yasmin and Family,

Glad to be in contact with you again.

This to show my appreciation for taking the time to provide us with such a valuable review with detailed insights.

We take good note of your food and flies comments and recommendations for prompt action with my team and the pest control company.

You are really special acknowledging and remembering the name of several of the staff and managers during your stay.

We are delighted to have you and your family back in the near future to enjoy the rest of the facilities.

Have a great summer!

antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

A lovely resort with beautiful beachfront or garden villas and rooms. Two beautiful swimming pools as well as being on the beach. Excellent water sports facilities and very friendly staff - who are particularly excellent with kids. Three restaurants and plans for a pizza place on the jetty coming soon. The weekend fusion BBQs are great - a wide variety of choice of food, live music and loads of space for kids to play while mum and dad have a leisurely dinner. A wonderful private dinner on the beach was arranged at short notice for my birthday with a personalised birthday cake as well. We will definitely return at some point in the future. An added bonus for those living in Singapore it's only a 35 min ferry away from Singapore TMFT.

Room Tip: The beachfront suites are great value for money
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Lisamacc,

We are delighted to read your review.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with other guests your personalized experience.

If we can be of any assistance to you or your network, please contact me at your convenience.

I look forward to welcome you back in Turi Beach soon.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is my second trip to the resort and the resort has again managed to maintain its lasting impression since my first visit there in 2009. It is less than an hour away from all the hustle and bustle life in Singapore......great for a short getaway from work and kids!!

Turi Beach resort has never failed to impress me with its serenity and relaxing ambiance throughout the resort. Its rustic charm and wonderful hospitable staff makes you forget all other stressful events that you are currently facing. Crystal clear waters and the magnificent sea breeze makes you feel that time has stopped just for you......

For the nature lovers, low tides are the best times to explore the abundance of marine life amongst the rocks by the beach. You will be amazed at what you can find......

The weekend BBQ Buffet Dinner was reasonably priced and has excellent spread. Again the ambiance for the bbq was fantastic, as it was just by the beach in the open space whereby you could enjoy the wonderful sea breeze and the night sky. Here all the guests are duly entertained with the in-house live music performances and a lucky draw!

For those who just want to chill and relax, Turi Beach is the place for you....... a wonderful haven for a stress-free break.........

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Kayureput,

Firstly accept my apologies for my delay acknowledging your feedback.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your second stay comments with us.

I appreciate your personalized description in terms of ambience and feeling, .., great insight for us and other guests.

Glad to personally welcome you back during your next visit.

Have a great week!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We had a wonderful time, staff and managers are very friendly, two big swimming pools facing the ocean, palm trees all around, great relaxing resort.
Try Japanese restaurant, great teppanyaki.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear N. C.,

Thank you very much for your favourable note in Trip Advisor, …, very much appreciated.

Look forward to have you back in Turi before you return back home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011 via mobile

Hubby and me planned this last minute but had the best time at this place. We arrived on May 1st and stayed for a night. We both fell in love with the place at first sight. Checkin was a breeze and the room we got was on the 3rd floor with a beautiful sea view but it was twin beds. We were okay with it given that we booked this vacation a couple of days before.Room was good and though the towels in the toilet were missing,housekeeping sent up the missing towels within a few mins upon calling them. Prior to coming, I wanted try out the spa at the hotel and so emailed the hotel to book a slot. Mr Kristianto and Ms Arunika of Tspa did not disappoint and I had a really good spa session.Service provided by Ms Arunika was excellent and I enjoyed every minute at Tspa. Food was good and service at Taming Sari was great when we went there for dinner and breakfast. Staff was very attentive. We were therefore reluctant to leave during checkout but will definitely be back again.. Beautiful place to unwind and recharge...

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Gaya Sahan,

Summer greetings from Turi Beach Resort!

We very much appreciate your flexibility and understanding, …, at the same time we are delighted to read your positive review, straight 5 rating as well as the personal acknowledgement to Kris and Arunika.

Let us know when you plan to return and we will try our best to improve those items mentioned in your feedback.

Turi’s romance is available every day of the year.

Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Happy & attentive staff. 2 great pools. Long walking path along shore.

Bonus during our stay-- Asia Olympic qualifying beach volleyball tournament finals held. (Indo beat Malaysia)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Senorbrx,

A pleasure to have you back in Turi.

Had a lovely evening dinner with you and your wife.

I am back from vacation already.

Lucky timing, you could enjoy the pre-Olympics beach volleyball competition.

See you in Turi before you go back home.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Dear Mr Antonio or whoever it may concern, First of all, the resort has good landscapes. Period. Seaport-resort-seaport was a breeze and ferry ticket confirmation was taken care well..That's about the only things commendable..We arrived at the resort at around 11.30pm local time but upon check in we were told to come back at around 1pm due guests checking out at 12pm. So, me and wifey went around the resort and then ate lunch at one of its restaurant. So, at around 1.20 we approached the reception, expecting out room key..However, we were told out room will only be ready at 2pm! We waited again!! So at 2pm, we asked for our room key..We were given Room 102. Upon entering the room, I was surprised that the beds were of twin single. I clearly mentioned in my booking that i wanted a double bed!! So, when i called reception, the staff just simply told me they got no more rooms!!! What the hell?? My booking was not last minute!!! And why was i not informed earlier? Don't their staff read bokings and requests properly???I wanted to get out of the resort right away but since it was just one night, i told my wife to endure. So there goes our mood so early part of the stay..Even the service at Taming Sari restaurant was slow.. just to get us ice water would take 5-10 minutes and that is after requesting 2.3 times!! How could they impose service charge fee with service like that? my wife also ordered Es Campur, that came after we had our meals! When the waitress brought our bill I told her that my Es campur did not come and i asked her to cancel it..Miraculously, she came back with the es campur!!! She told us, "they already made it!!" What? They needed to make ice?? COme on, get real!! How much you charge us, we pay..but not this kind of service in return!! And based on the reviews here, the someone else had tje same experience as me. Perhaps maybe next time I should heed people's reviews! This is the first time i felt so relieved after checking out from a resort!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Shahrulhisham,

Please accept my apologies for not replying your feedback earlier.

I would appreciate if you could provide me with your personal email in order to review in a more personalized manner the nature and scope of your comments.

In the meantime, I have shared your review with my team for their attention and future rectification.

Regarding your room availability comments, we always aim to have every guest accommodation ready on arrival, …, occasionally and subject to occupancy levels the night before, we might not be able to have your accommodation ready until 2 pm.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Glad to hear from you at your convenience.

Sincerely yours,

antonio@nongsaresorts.com

Been to Turi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!