“recommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Batam View Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Batam View Beach Resort to your Saves list
Batam View Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
sin
“recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

i n my wife book a delux seaview room for a nite on 16th july 2007. On arriving we were impressed on what we saw at the lobby clean n spacious. the lounge area were impressive with comfortable sofa around it.
the room which we stay in were relatively big with a good seaview n a tabletop in it for me to do my work. wat impressed me is that they actually provided free intenet access in the hotel room(just ask for a lan cable from the reception in the lobby) usually other hotel charged.
the food they served in the restaurant is quite good n the price is quite reaonable.
As for the pool i prefer it to b bigger will be better
overall the atmosphere is good n a good place for relaxation n would defintely recommended my friends there.
if times permit i would defintely like to try the villa there. it have a tremendous view directly facing the sea.
for those who have not been there BATAM VIEW RESORT is a good place to try in batam.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
sin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

had just visited this resort last weekend as recommended by my
friend, is a total surprise tat i didnt know for just 30mins travel from sin , you can arrive at such a relaxing place at all... the resort's rooms is v new & clean, heard tat just been renovated not long, all the staffs r v nice & courteous, although u can actually just do nothing at all but just lying around the beach or their jetty area watching ppl fishing etc... discovering how life can b tat easy & simply actually.... sigh... but they do hv lots of sea sports activity avail.. though i do not hv time to try it tat day, must try next visit... wl ask more frd to join me then... saw few rows of seafront villas lying along the seaside... looks interesting too... i stayed in a deluxe rm this time though, if its not ex should try it ...
oh like their Islander lounge embience with live performers singing romantic jazz piece at nite...

• Liked — the v clean spacious rooms
  • Disliked — take time to explore the whole resort
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

Just went to batam view last sat.......
the room is very new and clean.....but the SPA really kinda of sad..
as rundown..and kinda not clean!in the end didnt take the spa.

the service for the front counter really a MESS!!!
super crowded...maybe due to alot of company function and school holiday..

and the swimming pool really small..as too crowded..didnt able to swim much.........

and the kelong resturant..really head pain to those elders..alot of steps to climb!!!!danger.....to the older age

And seafood not so fresh..my cousin have diarrhea after eating `flower crabs`

And when she want to buy medicine ..need to see their house doctor..which cost Singapore dollar $150 each visit!!!

And in the end..the next day..we left very early...

i will go back only for their Villa..as the view is great..

• Liked — The clean bedroom
  • Disliked — their villa
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

I went to the hotel in mid April. I had initially wanted to try Harris Resort but it was fully booked. So I contacted the Singapore representative office to book a few deluxe rooms as Batam View is one of the most famous resort in Batam. I made specific request like seaview rooms, king beds and a complimentary one way land transfer to Batam Centre instead of the usual pick up and departure point at Nongsa which was much nearer the resort.

The representative in Batam assured me that all my specific requests will be met as I had told him that I will cancel my bookings if none of the requests could be met as I appreciated people to be forthright right from the beginning.

My problems started the moment I arrived. I was told that no seaview rooms are available and my specific one way transfer back to Batam Centre could only be met at a Price of $5 per pax.

It was a most exsparating experience talking to the staff in the resort. They were rude, uninitiated, patronising and clueless. I repeatedly told them to check with the Singapore representative my pre-arranagements. I told them I did not want a car park view (which was what some of us were given) Come on, why should I pay the premium price of a deluxe room if I was given that view? I might as well stay in a cheap hotel in Nagoya Town. They did not want to check with the Singapore representative and I suspected they want to save on IDD costs. I have never seen such a CHEAPSKATE hotel!

I was embarrased throughout the whole epsisode as I went with some foreigners and there were other hotel guests around and the last thing I wanted was for my foreign friends to think I was being difficult. It is hard to control one's emotions when dealing with a bunch of thorougly clueless and unprofessional staff. What was shocking was that the senior staff did not lead by example and was really rude, speaks in a patronising mannner to me when her staff consulted her on the situation.

The best service from the resort ironically came from people who are not trained - the TRAINEES. They are professional and kept smiling depsite the heat of the situation. Hmm, I wonder what kind of training was given that could turm some young, aspiring individuals into a bunch of ignorant, imbecile, unprofessional individuals that I had witnessed manning the front desks that warm Saturday afternoon ?

The matter was reluctantly resolved after much haggling and it really spoils our mood.

If you think the above is BAD, wait till you hear this. Some of my friends had to check out early the next day and had to take the complimentary land transfer back to Batam Centre.A journey which would take 45 mins took only 15 mins. So anybody could have imagine the recklessness of the driver! Lives are at stake here, Oh BOY!

The rest of us who stayed later arranged our own transport at our own expense as we didnt want to inconvenience any of the hotel staff any further.

When I told the Singapore representative about the reckless driver, he claims that it is beyond their control as they had engaged the services of a taxi driver to meet my specific request instead of using the hotel shuttle. Granted they were trying to oblige, but don't they have to ensure the safety of their guests? It is convenient to simply shrug off one's responsibilities. I am appall and did not expect such service from a reputable hotel like Batam Veiw.

To everyone out there: Forget about this resortl! The Service SUCKS Big Time. There is total incordination and confusion between the Singapore respentative office and the Batam hotel. I will NEVER go back to this resort EVER AGAIN!

The only redeeming feature is the Banana Boat which I urged everyone to try.

• Liked — banana boat
  • Disliked — staff attitude
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

The hotel is quite old but I think the room has been renovated recently. It's clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Things that I mind about the hotel are:
1. it's quite far from the city centre (30 mins each way)
2. there isnt much things to do around the resort and;
3. the breakfast is pretty standard & it was abit chaotic and out of order (dishes were not constantly refilled and the buffet tables were not regularly cleaned during the rush hours)

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The spa although it's quite cheap, the rooms are quite average or even below.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

I was staying at Batam View Resort during the Good Friday weekend together with another 10 friends. We enjoyed the overall stay and the rooms are very clean and nice. The service at the reception counter was excellent.

Only one huge disappointment. I went for a 1hr30mins massage. I had the masseur who has very long straight hair and wearing glasses. First, she didn’t tie her hair so when she massaged me, her hair was “touching” my body all the time which was very irritating. Another major issue I had was I told her not to use too much strength because she was hurting me. The whole massage session was very “painful” for me despite me telling her few times not to massage too hard. The next day, I discovered bruises all over my back and my neck & shoulder was very pain & stiff. I couldn’t sleep well at night for about 5 days because I couldn’t turn my neck and back. Now, I am seeing Physiotherapist at hospital for treatments.

That was the most horrible massage experience I ever had.

Stayed April 2007
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

I stayed in this hotel last year for Christmas Eve. I was with my friend and her husband and baby. We stayed here because of the Christmas dinner. The hotel room itself was not that good. There were stains in the carpet, molds in the bathroom tiles and the wooden floors in the hallway was too well-worn with scratches. It felt as if the hotel wasn't that well-maintained.

The only saving grace were the food (varied Christmas buffet dinner and Christmas day breakfast) and the affordable spa therapies (my friend and I went for Balinese massage therapy which was so relaxing).

The beach wasn't that beautiful. Just brown sand and murky waters. Perhaps it's not meant for sunbathing. We weren't able to go around the island since we didn't have time.

• Liked — good food in the restaurant
  • Disliked — hallway floors & carpet not well-maintained
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!