We were at Batam View Beach Resort recently for a weekend and we thought it was just okay. Nothing exceptional except the staff who were all very friendly and charming. Literally every single one at the reception and the restaurant is accommodating and service-oriented - a plus for the resort. Batam View is eco-friendly and quite big in terms of land area so you can enjoy a leisurely walk from the hotel promises to the pool area and down to the beach. We got a lovely top floor room facing the sea which was really nice, except that it smelled really musty we had to leave the sliding door open the whole day and night to let the room breathe. The hotel itself is old but very well maintained, I must say. Food (at Bunga Raya) was not up to mark though, except for the Chef's special of the month called Ayam Bumbu. We ordered carbonara for lunch and it tasted really weird. That night, we ordered room service and the chicken soup was the exact same taste as the carbonara. The breakfast buffet was somewhat better. I enjoyed the chicken dish and the Indonesian pastries. Coffee was pretty decent, too. Here's a tip for visitors coming from Singapore with Passion Card: If you are dining at the Bunga Raya restaurant, make sure to bring your Passion Card to enjoy 10% discount off your final bill. Another plus for the resort. Meanwhile, the beach is so-so and the coastline is pretty short, you can cover one end of the beach to the other end with only a few steps. Although, they do have beach sport facilities, i.e. banana boast ride, kayak, etc, to enjoy if you're into these sort of things. They also have kiddie playground and beach volleyball facilities. By the way, they offer free ferry terminal pick-up if you're coming from Nongsa Ferry Terminal, so at least you wouldn't have to worry about that part. However, if you're coming from Batam City Ferry Terminal, you have the option of renting a cab to take you to the resort or arrange for hotel taxi with Batam View. One last thing, we had a terrible experience with the driver of the hotel taxi we hired to take us to Batam City Ferry. He was driving like a maniac we had a few near-collision episodes with other vehicles and he never even bothered to look apologetic. Unfortunately, we forgot to take note of the guy's name but he was really awful. All in all, it was an okay experience for us - like I said, the staff were really great - but i don't think we'll be back there anytime soon.:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built exclusively atop a hill with private beach, Batam View Beach Resort is a talking point among holidaymakers looking for a getaway that blends modern amenities with nature. It is an oasis of calm, ideal for relaxing, yet complete with indoor and outdoor facilities to enjoy the sun, sea and sand. The resort is an ideal venue for holidaymakers and for corporate meetings, functions and training, with its comprehensive facilities, including wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Batam View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Batam View Beach Hotel Batam
- Batam View Beach Resort Nongsa