The Batam View Beach Resort is relatively well-located and has friendly and helpful staff. The hotel has seen its heyday so do be prepared to peg your expectations to the hotel rate you are paying. If it is value-for-money quiet and reliable service, you can count on this hotel. If travelling in a small group of four, a villa with 2 bedrooms is an experience. The sound of waves crashing against the shore may be unsettling for some but it can also be enjoyable for others.IIf reserving standard or deluxe rooms, those with a sea view overlooking the pool are preferable. There are also sea view rooms overlooking the car park but these are not recommended if you're staying more than a night. We were a group of 4 who stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for 2 nights and it was comfortable. We had asked for an upgrade from 2 deluxe rooms as the rooms we had been assigned were a tad bit musty and the small balcony (which obviously had not been opened to or used in a while) was not as clean as we would have liked them to be. The upgrade proved to make our stay more enjoyable. The breakfast was adequate. The hotel helped arrange transport (paid taxi) for us to go to and return from town and the taxi driver was reliable. The masseuses at the massage center were skilled but the center itself needs some upgrading. Cleanliness could be improved. The resident band is entertaining and fun, and played many oldies. If you want a short affordable quiet get-away, this hotel may meet your needs. Don't expect a spanking new establishment because this isn't one. One other downside to the hotel is the small collection of domestic birds kept in its grounds. Those of us who are cleanliness conscious may find them disturbing. In my case, I just stay clear of them. The beach can be pleasant but it lacks maintenance, and care should be taken when using it. On the days we were there, the pool was used by some guests and it looked clean. The area around the hotel is pleasant enough for little walks and looking at the sea. The trees in the area are also matured and provide shade. There is a balmy feel to the place. If only the overall environ could be neatened up, it would improve guests' experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built exclusively atop a hill with private beach, Batam View Beach Resort is a talking point among holidaymakers looking for a getaway that blends modern amenities with nature. It is an oasis of calm, ideal for relaxing, yet complete with indoor and outdoor facilities to enjoy the sun, sea and sand. The resort is an ideal venue for holidaymakers and for corporate meetings, functions and training, with its comprehensive facilities, including wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Batam View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Batam View Beach Hotel Batam
- Batam View Beach Resort Nongsa