“Excellent, relax, nice enviroment best resort i ever been.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Batam View Beach Resort

You added Batam View Beach Resort to your Saves list
Batam View Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent, relax, nice enviroment best resort i ever been.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Check in :31/03/2014
Check out : 01/04/2014
Me and my wife.. Just wanna have a getaway holiday.. So we book in.... Into batam view resort 4 start.. To me its like already 5 star.... I admit.. The place there is all forest... U are in middle of no where..... But this place is good for those who wants privacy.. Silent.... Relaxing mind and hear the nature..... When i step in the hotel... The shuttle service from the ferry terminal was very friendly... They drive slow.. Let us see the nature there.... Brw it was 10 min drive from the ferry terminal to the batam view resort...when arrive... I was well greeted by the reception... They then offer us a welcome drink.. Nice orang juice!!! The room was big enough.... Every thing they have in it.... All the basic stuff... Toiletries are well equiped.... Bath tub!! Big!!! This is the best part.... I open up the curtain to c my view.. Damn... The window can be open to.. U can walk out. There is a balcony!!!! I alwiz stand there wif my wif.. Chit chatting looking at the ocean view..... Damn lovely!! Please take note i admit the wooden furniture in there looks like already paint coming off.. To me its nothing... Its natural... Even if u change new ones. It will come back like that again.. As the place is beside the sea... Humidity.. Water condensation.. All this will effect the condition of the place... Important is... The room is clean .. No dust!! Even the balcony is clean !! Of lets cut my story short.. If i type all.. It be too long.... Let me just summarise it...
Reception counter: 10/10
Louge bar: 10/10
Swimming pool: clean! 10/10
Beach side: 10/10 clear water!!!
Karaoke lounge... They bring u down in a secret dungeon.. Scary dungeon.... No one is there... Its under the resort.. Underground... U can sing all u want shout out loud.... 10/10.... Wangi melati... Food cheap... We had great western breakfast buffet... Indonesian style of linch and dinner..... Very nice hot food!!! Tasty.. Good chef and friendly staff and polite.... Very proactive and initiative...
Dun forget the 5th dimension spa!! U must not miss... 29singapore dollars per person.... For whole body massage... Front and back... For 1 hr.. Half and hour no oil.. Half and hour wif old... No worries.. Those couple u can request for same room... While massaging its damn strong painful massage... But its great.. We chit chat and laugh all the way.. Then while massaging the view its great.... Facing the swimming pool... After that they serve us wif tea coffee.. Then to sauna!!! Those who said 29 person for all this is expensive.. I dunno wat to said.... Spa and massage: 10/10...
Live band at 8pm.. Was very2 entertaining.. They are really professional... Any songs i ask request.. They play well and sing well.... Hahaha 10/10..... Every wate we walk in the hotel.. We are alwiz well greeted.. I can personally view that they are well manered and well train... They treat their guest like kings... The islander bar lounge... Cocktail.. Orange juice... That i have tried... Is only... 50000rupiah!! Equals to: $5.50 singapore... Its so cheap...i dun understand some people still complaint expensive... U cant get a drink in a hotel ir resort for 1 dollar plus.. U tink wat coffee shop? Kopitiam?? I really enjoy the stay here wif my wife.. And i would highly recomend to couples and family.... Who wants to relax their mind.. In a quite enviroment... No shopping.... There is no shopping there.... Only gift shops and their lobby.. And the things and so cheap.... Please dun be so cheapskate... Compare their money wif us.. with us... I change 100 singapore... I can play and use most of the things in the resort.. I still come back and got change of singapore 20 dollars.... So... Its cheap... Please go there and judge urself... And one more thing its not haunted.... The place its incredible.... I and my wife and planning to go there every 3months once..... To relax... For wifi..... Just go down to lobby... And u can use.... Why wanna use phone. Check emails at there? Off ur phone!! Time to realx ur mind there.. Forget about business and work.... Just enjoy the enviroment, And ur loves one there.... Overall.. Its the best experience i have there wif my wife.... I would like to thank all the staff and crew member there for a well service trained and well manered train... U guys should all upgrade to 5 star resort!! Will come again soon....

Regards... Fidzal

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

For those who want access to Internet on vacation, don't go.

The rest are ok. Food is overpriced as usual. The beach is small but ok. There is a small port near restaurant that has great sea views.

Later learned there was a resort just next to this Batam View. Friend said it was much better. Got villas and all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were put into this 'resort' by our travel agent, booked for three nights but only stayed for two. The hotel was very tired, furniture in our room was dominated by chipped and peeling paint and slightly grubby. There was no wifi in the bedrooms so we had to go down to the lobby to check mail etc.

Main complaint is that the hotel totally takes advantage of its isolation by charging absolutely ridiculous prices for food and beverage. It cost us Rb700,000. for a meal for two adults and two kids - we can go out in Sumatra (where we live) for less than 200,000. We ended up going to town and stocking up on cheese and crackers and fruit and lived on those.

The complementary breakfast is very Asian, which is fine if it is good, but it is not. A lot of the food is very oily, or stale, or over/under cooked. The only thing to do is eggs and toast!

They also asked for $40 dollars for a fold-out bed to be put into our room, apparently it is less if you can show your KITAS (working visa) however they did not mention this at the time! Our fault for not thinking to ask I suppose...

The pool is alright, our kids loved it, but the beach is not a swimming beach - or at least not without shoes to protect your feet from all the sharp sea snails and shells all over the beach.

Also, they have a strange little zoo thing going on. The guinea pigs are in a cage far too small for them, so that they are fighting and many have wounds, the lizards have sores as well, and the birds spend half the time screeching, probably out of misery. It was rather sad really.

All and all a bit of a disappointment...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We (my fiance and I)were first- timers in Batam so we really did not have any idea where to stay--researched this hotel and it was decent enough for the ok price.

The room is average but very clean. The place needs update-- but still comfortable for a short stay--we still enjoyed it. Wifi not available in rooms--but free in the lobby.

The seafood restaurant have a nice view but it also needs some update--was disappointed that they did not make effort to sit us in when we came earlier (superhungry from travel!). The price here is a bit too high compared to other places you can go to with similar tastier menus. The food was nice and good anyway--staff were attentive and hospitable!

The pool has good depth(deep areas for those who wants to dive)--pleasant to swim here. But the beach area was a disappointment--dirty and not really suitable for people who loves to hang around beaches.
There's a lot of construction near the area so it was not really a good time to stay(it was also raining at that time).

Overall, staff were nice and helpful--loved the add-on welcome cooler drink on arrival! The lounge was not cleaned and maintained well though--evidences of alcohol drinks, cigars by night customers were not easily put away when we walked there in the morning. And yes, chairs need heavy cleaning and change too(old and worn out seat covers).

The place have seen its better days--badly needs to have improvement. The property have a lot of potential if the management would see to the details this place needs.

• Stayed December 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. Nothing much to expect in the hotel... room was old and dusty.
It really need to be refurbished. There were black stains at the edge of the bathtub. I've changed room twice, but all look the same. Should provide free WIFI in the room. Overall, it was relaxing and peaceful stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went on the March 8 ... their services and those guys wearing yellow shirt is very helpful.. I stay Vila for 2d1n .. I love their view from the balcony and it's beautiful.. it's very relaxing and peaceful.. There's no shopping center .. but over all I'm still satisfied with the Vila and the staff over there.. very helpful and nice.. There's liveband at night it's good also.. the food there not bad.. I will definitely come back here again.. Spend a very peaceful and relaxing weekend

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here for 3 days 2 nights. We really regret staying at this resort because of a lot of creepy things that happened. Never stay at room 508 Sumatra wing! We saw 2 muddy footsteps inside our bath tub after we came back from our breakfast. We advised the cleaner not to clean since we will be leaving soon so there's no way that anyone can get inside the room and step on our bath tub! Then each of the four lamps inside the room were blinking one at a time including the ceiling light even if the switch was off. I saw shadows of 2 ladies standing at the edge of our bed just when we were about to sleep! They both disappeared within seconds. We wanted to change room but there's no available room coz it was still Chinese New Year peak season.
The first night that we slept inside that room, all our mobile phone chargers won't charge, and the wifi was not working. We thought there was a problem with electricity but we asked other tourists and they said everything works well at their room. My fiancee had very strange 5 long scratches on his arm just when he went inside the bath room and saw the footsteps. The scratch on his arm was deep and sharp. The scratches look like being scratch by Wolverine's fingernails.So creepy! That can never be my fingernails as I trimmed my fingernails before going for short weekend trip. After seeing the scratches, we quickly pack our things and leave to room and we did not wait for checkout time anymore as it might get even worse if we still stay there.
The food at Kelong Restaurant was way too EXPENSIVE! There's no other option to take a cheaper food unless you take taxi (with ridiculous rate) and go to city to eat! We ended up eating at their Kelong Restaurant (no choice) which cost us $20 per person each time we eat. We've been to so many resorts in Inonesia before and this is the most costly restaurant inside a resort!
We went to Batam View thinking that we could have a good swim at a white sand beach but we were very dissapointed when we found out that its not a good idea to swim at their white sand beach because of lots of rubbish. You can see all the rubbish being buried under the white sand. Plastic rubbish were protruding on the sand, spoilt old jet ski's were park right beside the spoilt beach chairs. Their swimming pool was not so inviting either as the water looks so dark and somewhat the pool tiles were mouldy. The staff at the front desk forgot to give our welcome drink when we arrived, they only gave it to us upon check out. All in all, its a terrible stay, we will never come back to this resort ever again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!