I spent Easter here, with a couple of friends. It's great for a quick getaway from Singapore - we were pleasantly surprised to be picked up at Nongsapura ferry terminal, and the resort was a very short drive away. The main hotel is a fairly non-descript 80s style block, but it has a large spacious lobby with plenty of comfy seating and a helpful check-in and tours desk. There's also a bar, a live band performance space, and a gift shop. We were in a suite, which was essentially a double room with living room in the main building, with a balcony overlooking the pool - it wasn't much more expensive than a double and was huge, clean and well equipped (my only gripe was the rather dim lights!).
The pool area is definitely the highlight of this resort - there's a large pool (with small children's pool), surrounded by sunloungers with a bar on one end. A short walk takes you to the private beach - a small cove mostly set up for water sports, and the resort's villas. There's also tennis courts and some gardens. And a spa on the 5th floor, where we had great massages.
Both nights we were there a live band performed in the evening, who were great, but the lobby was not the most atmospheric setting. On one evening the hotel recommended a local seafood restaurant, which was a brilliant experience - a huge informal place filled with locals and tourists. On the second night, we tried the resort's Kelong seafood restaurant - it has an idyllic setting on the sea, looking out towards Singapore. The food was delicious, but it was sadly rather empty.
We booked a car from the hotel to go down to the Bareland bridge and islands - while I'm sure there are cheaper ways of getting around, it was nice to be driven in air-conditioned comfort and to be able to stop for food and drinks when we wanted.
All in all, I'm sure there are both cheaper and more luxurious places to stay in Batam, but this was a very easy, very relaxng, very comfortable place to relax and see a small part of Indonesia. It would be even better if it was a bit fuller, giving the bar and restaurants more atmosphere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built exclusively atop a hill with private beach, Batam View Beach Resort is a talking point among holidaymakers looking for a getaway that blends modern amenities with nature. It is an oasis of calm, ideal for relaxing, yet complete with indoor and outdoor facilities to enjoy the sun, sea and sand. The resort is an ideal venue for holidaymakers and for corporate meetings, functions and training, with its comprehensive facilities, including wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Batam View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Batam View Beach Hotel Batam
- Batam View Beach Resort Nongsa