“Love the Villa!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Batam View Beach Resort

You added Batam View Beach Resort to your Saves list
Batam View Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Love the Villa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

The staff are friendly. Rooms are clean, nice and comes with cutleries and cooking utensils. Big, spacious, but very quiet. I think only 3 villas were occupied when I was there.

The food wasn't nice at all. It's better to find food in Batam Center.

Other than that, nothing much to do here. It's great if you want quiet moments with your loved ones.

I didnt try their spa because my friend drove us to Batam Center for food and massage.

I took quite a number of photos because my colleague wanted to see how the villa looked like.

• Liked — Service and the Villa
  • Disliked — the food
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

The moment we reached the Ferry Terminal, we were greeted by the BVBR staff. We don't even have to queue at the Checkpoint, all handled by BVBR staff.
From the ferry terminal, there will be a Yellow van transporting us to the Resort. It takes less than 10 mins to travel there, passing through some greeneries, villages and golf courses. At the main gate, the securities will be checking the vehicles, perhaps for bombs and things like that.
As we checked-in, we were served some drinks. The lobby is huge with an open-concept bar containing pool table, popcorn and ice-cream counter and a small stage with some musical instruments. Beyond that there is a small gift shop, nothing interesting with a small counter which does air-brushing on your skin for S$5. Next to that gift shop is the Restaurant, serving local and Western food.
Walking thru the back door, on the left side is a small play area for kids, on the right side is an open massage area with 3 parrot in separate cages and in front is the swimming pool with a small counter playing some music.There is also playgrounds with the beautiful beaches beyond it.
The room is big and clean with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and beach.
The massage was very good and relaxing, in rooms overlooking the beautiful beaches too.
Overall I'd say is good, service is very good although some of the staff don't speak English well. I also took the jet-ski and the staff there really looked after us throughout.
Food is expensive, a plate of Mee Goreng costs S$8.50 before tax and service charge. Breakfast was so-so, many choices but taste-wise not so good. I ordered room service, Fried Rice w Chicken Wing and the chicken is not fresh.
If you intend to go out, by taxi would be S$10/hr and by bus would be S$5 to and fro.

• Liked — The Beach
  • Disliked — The Food
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

We took a 3D/2N package which include, 2-way ferry & land transfer, Deluxe Category (Seaview) room & daily International buffet Breakfast.
Upon arrival, the hotel indeed looks very run-down on the exterior which was what we had expected already with some of the reviews here. When we entered however the lobby looks a lot better and suprising the lobby is quite big for a not too big hotel like this. Staffs are very polite & friendly though they can't really speak good english. While the staffs process our checking-in, we were immediately greeted with a welcome drink (syrup soda) in a very nice cocktail glass. The check in was very smooth and efficient.

For the price that we are paying I would say the room is pretty impressive, the carpeted room was spacious, very clean tidied, include a small balcony (with some big potted plants and probably a size enough to put a small couch), sofa couch, working desk, tea-making facilities & fridge, cupboard was big. Bathroom was clean & dry with bathtub, include 2 bath towels & 2 face towels, even disposable toothpastes and brushes were provided. Room is cleaned everyday with new towels and toiletries replenished while we were out. Though the balcony was ok, the sea view was not impressive and further our balcony overlook a super run-down tennis/basketball court which further spoilt the window view.

Enviroment was peaceful, the spa was fully booked even until the day we would leave which was what we had expected too. The pool was quite small. Hotel staffs were very helpful in arranging for us transport trip down to batam town.There were only 2 restaurants mainly the buffet in the hotel itself and the kelong seafood which is nearer to the beach. Breakfast was good in the hotel buffet cafe, kelong seafood was so-so (wasn't really that fresh, taste is alright) and they don't seem to have all in the menu. We wanted to ordered 4 crabs but they said they were only left with 2 small ones, (but there were only 3 or 4 tables were occupied when we arrived there at 6+p.m).

Quite disappointing for people like us who were looking forward to some beach activites. Though it was supposed to be a beach resort, beach was undesirable, no snorkelling as water was too dirty with a lot of black oil & weeds floating around which I doubt anyone would ever want to dip in the water, the seasport centre was deserted. We waited for a long time before help came. We did canoe and jet ski though. The whole afternoon we were there there were less than 10 ppl who is using the beach facilities my god though i think the hotel is quite fully booked. Highly not recommended if you are even looking for an average beach.

But overall a good place to relax if you are not using the beach.

• Liked — services and cleanliness
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

We stayed at Batam View 01.03.2008 till 03.03.2008.
Batam View is rather nice , clean toilets and clean bedsheets.
The room however is not that too a cosy for couples.Just straight forward bed and dresser .
The staff are friendly but rather impersonal.They look kinda alarm when asked.
Breakfast pretty standard.
Lots of activities in the resort , KTV , Club , indoor pool table , swimming pool.
The beach is not as clean or clear as the ones in Bintan .
The lobby lounge male singer is good.
Kelong seafood rest. is cheap. We had 8-course dinner for only 20sgd, crabs, prawns , fish , chicken included.
The massage is so-so.
I do not mind going to Batam View again but I would rather try other resorts in Batam.

Stayed March 2008
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

IFor a person who usually travel with aged parents and a toddler, cleanliness and amenities are my utmost priority. Although this time round my travelling to Batam is solely for a 2D/1N Golf Getaway trip, I still have the same demands where accomodation is concerned.

It was my first trip to Batam and indeed I was pleased with my stay in BVBR. The check-in was very smooth and the hotel handled our golf bags instead of having us to lug it up to our room. Even when we decided to bring the bags up at night to prepare for the next game, the bell boy did it in a jiffy. The staff were very kind and attended to all our request promptly and get our transportation for all our transfers without delay.

The room and bathroom were very clean, the seaview was gorgeous. The breakfast in the morning was good, too! Had a while to look about within the premise and I was pleased with what I saw. The pool is very clean (I mean, I've been to hotels where the water is just stagnant and murky, yucks!), the kids section was done up nicely with IKEA kids furnishing and there were 3 huge cages with a parrot each.

The accomodation is fantastic, food is good. There's a spa there b ut I didn't have the time to check it out myself. The price list showed that the a la carte spa services are reasonably priced.

Just a little minus is that the place is too far from the centres such as Jodoh and Nagoya. A taxi trip down costs $15 but we took the $30 to and fro trip for 3 hrs booking so we could travel around the town area. It took us 40 mins to get to the Mega Mall from the hotel.

However, if the town doesn't fancy you and your objective is just a pleasant family getaway and golf, this place is great. I see many young people, kids and the elderly as well.

I will certainly bring my kids there, on my next trip.

• Liked — clean room
  • Disliked — far from shopping mall
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

My first visit to Batam... pp asked me why not go to Bintan instead??? its much nicer, better etc etc... well, i've been to Bintan and the hotel stay in Batam is so much cheaper... so i decided to give it a shot... I didnt regret any one bit about the decision...

I booked the 1 bedroom Villa stay using the hotel website... and made some calls to the toll free line to Batam... a very friendly staff, Artas, attended to my reservations... first impression is already very very good...

$300 for a 3D2N stay at the 1 bedroom villa, with 2 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner provided... includes ferry tics and transfers... the price is hard to beat...

Day 1:-
Monsoon season and was drizzling and raining for the past few days... after checking in, we took our buffet lunch at the coffee house in the hotel and went to our lovely villa... the view is breathtaking!!! we're right at the edge of the water... and the room is so spacious... fantastic!!!

We called the activities hotline to check whether there's any activities we can do on a rainy day... the sea sports were out of question, so we booked a cab to Nagoya Hill shopping mall... after shopping for 3 hours, we came back to the resort for a spa aromatic massage... all of us opted for the hot stones massage... it was totally soothing and very relaxing... thumbs up!!!

Day 2:-
Lucky us!!! Weather was fair and clear today!!! After breakfast we walk straight to the beach area... first activity- canoe... i'm really not tat much of a sporty person... so i wasnt comfortable in the canoe at all... every minute i'm afraid tat may fall into the water... in the end my hubby did most of the rowing... i just sat there with the oar... hahaha...

next up- Banana boat... VERY RECOMMENDED ACTIVITY... the ride was really fast and exciting... we could choose from 2 options... either normal or extreme... extreme means they'll flip the banana boat over and land everyone in the water... hahaha... sorry but we're not the adventurous ones... we prefer to stay dry... heehee...

one down side about the beach is that there're some black oil on the beach... all 4 of us stepped on at least a bit of it and its difficult to wash off... i really suggest that Batam clean up their waters to attract more pp to their island...

Our lunch was at their coffee house again but this time we decided to order from their ala carte menu... VERY RECOMMENDED dish is their mee goreng... its SUPERB... the best mee goreng i've ever tasted... you cant go wrong with that... fresh fish, fresh prawns, the noodles are moist and really very tasty... i give it full marks...

after lunch, we went for the river cruise... frankly speaking, it was the most boring part of our day... there's really nothing much to see except for mangroves and pp digging sand... you'll probably wanna give it a miss...

Dinner was at the Kelong restaurant... the set meal comprises of tom yum soup, garlic chicken, fried calamari, mixed veg, sweet sour fish, black pepper crab and fresh fruits... I was abit disappointed with the dishes... the soup was not up to standard, the chicken was too dry, the crabs were too oily... but the calamari, fish and veg were very tasty... overall a pass for the dinner...

Day 3:-
After breakfast we took a walk round the resort once again and took more photos... but after a while it started to drizzle again and we had to go back to our villa...

All in all, the service at the resort is excellent... smiles all around... villa was perfect... spa was great.... standard of food at the coffee house was high... i'll definitely go back again... but perhaps not during the rainy season...

• Liked — Spacious Villa and Fabulous View
  • Disliked — Nothing!!!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

I went to Batam View resort with my wife and 2 kids and a couple with 2 kids. It was a relaxing experience in this resort. The exterior looks old but once you enter the resort, it was completely different. Big comfy chair and cooling lobby. The room is nice and cosy and the bed is comfortable. Hotel staff polite and helpful. Pool is a bit small but still ok. Go on a weekday if you wish to have some quiet moment at the beach or anywhere in the hotel as it's a bit too crowded over the weekend.

We opt for a full board package which consists of breakfast and lunch at the Wangi Melati Coffee House and a seafood dinner at their Kelong Seafood Restaurant. The food was ok. If you are heading down to the Kelong seafood, check with the counter staff to arrange a buggy to send you down. The trip to Kelong from hotel is 230m away.

Overall a great experience if you wish to have a relaxing time.

• Liked — Room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!