We took a 3D/2N package which include, 2-way ferry & land transfer, Deluxe Category (Seaview) room & daily International buffet Breakfast.
Upon arrival, the hotel indeed looks very run-down on the exterior which was what we had expected already with some of the reviews here. When we entered however the lobby looks a lot better and suprising the lobby is quite big for a not too big hotel like this. Staffs are very polite & friendly though they can't really speak good english. While the staffs process our checking-in, we were immediately greeted with a welcome drink (syrup soda) in a very nice cocktail glass. The check in was very smooth and efficient.
For the price that we are paying I would say the room is pretty impressive, the carpeted room was spacious, very clean tidied, include a small balcony (with some big potted plants and probably a size enough to put a small couch), sofa couch, working desk, tea-making facilities & fridge, cupboard was big. Bathroom was clean & dry with bathtub, include 2 bath towels & 2 face towels, even disposable toothpastes and brushes were provided. Room is cleaned everyday with new towels and toiletries replenished while we were out. Though the balcony was ok, the sea view was not impressive and further our balcony overlook a super run-down tennis/basketball court which further spoilt the window view.
Enviroment was peaceful, the spa was fully booked even until the day we would leave which was what we had expected too. The pool was quite small. Hotel staffs were very helpful in arranging for us transport trip down to batam town.There were only 2 restaurants mainly the buffet in the hotel itself and the kelong seafood which is nearer to the beach. Breakfast was good in the hotel buffet cafe, kelong seafood was so-so (wasn't really that fresh, taste is alright) and they don't seem to have all in the menu. We wanted to ordered 4 crabs but they said they were only left with 2 small ones, (but there were only 3 or 4 tables were occupied when we arrived there at 6+p.m).
Quite disappointing for people like us who were looking forward to some beach activites. Though it was supposed to be a beach resort, beach was undesirable, no snorkelling as water was too dirty with a lot of black oil & weeds floating around which I doubt anyone would ever want to dip in the water, the seasport centre was deserted. We waited for a long time before help came. We did canoe and jet ski though. The whole afternoon we were there there were less than 10 ppl who is using the beach facilities my god though i think the hotel is quite fully booked. Highly not recommended if you are even looking for an average beach.
But overall a good place to relax if you are not using the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built exclusively atop a hill with private beach, Batam View Beach Resort is a talking point among holidaymakers looking for a getaway that blends modern amenities with nature. It is an oasis of calm, ideal for relaxing, yet complete with indoor and outdoor facilities to enjoy the sun, sea and sand. The resort is an ideal venue for holidaymakers and for corporate meetings, functions and training, with its comprehensive facilities, including wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Batam View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Batam View Beach Hotel Batam
- Batam View Beach Resort Nongsa