My hubby and I arrived at the Batam View Beach resort on 28 July 2012.
We took the ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal and the ride was only 35 minutes.
When we arrived at the Batam Jetty, staff from BVBR came to fetch us and hold on to our passports until late evening.
The ride for the van to go from the jetty to the resort is only 5-10 mins.
We reached the resort at 10.25am (batam time)
We wanted to get the bus down to Nagoya but it is already full so we purchase the trip to Mega mall instead.
After paying, we went to the lounge to redeem the welcome drink.
Basically it is only orange syrup.
After that, the buggy ride send us to the villa that I booked secretly for my hubby.
The villa was very nice, with a kitchen with all the utensils, a living room and a dining room.
The bedroom is separated from the other rooms and there is no TV. The TV is placed in the living room.
The view is really very nice and we really enjoy it.
After that, we went to redeem our 15 min ride for the canoeing.
There were actually not many ppl there and we had the sea by ourselves.
The water sports are run by FOCUS, which had a company in SG too.
The jet ski was quite expensive at IDR230000 for 15 minutes.
Luckily we did not get the jetski because it rained after our canoeing.
At 1.30pm,we took the van to Mega mall and the journey took 40 mins.
The mall was big but not many things.
We went shopping, bought a blouse for myself, couple tee for my parents, a tee for my hubby, and one shirt for my father in law.
The biggest place to shop is the supermarket, the beer is really cheap,we get 2 beers, 1 kueh lapis for my friend and a lot of preserved fruits!
Our last stop is the legendary A & W! The chicken is really tender but it is quite expensive.. It is selling at $7.00 per meal... 2 pieces of chicken, with curly fries and rootbeer float!
We left the mall at 4.30pm.
We had our dinner at Kelong restaurant at 6.30pm, we had the fresh cockles with fresh chillies (MUST TRY!!), prawns with salted egg (don't try), hokkien noodle (ok only), clear tom yum soup (ok only), french bean with redang and seafood (MUST try!!)
The drink are the longan drink (a lot of longan) and thai coconut (not so nice as the flesh was really hard.)
My hubby is not the kind who loves bloody cockles but he fell in love with the cockles immediately and wanted more cockles!!! but we too full for that!!
The meal costs us IDR 503800.00 which is $70.00!!
But we are really happy to eat the cockles, so we don't mind the cost..
We walked back to the hotel to redeem our spa for 1 hours, we walked passed the lounge and the band were singing the hokkien song.. hahaha, so nice of them..And they sang well too!
The spa was nothing great, the toilet is scary, the door knob is broken.
The lady that helped us massage never clean our feet and she massage my feet first then later to my face...Eeekkkkkkk...
We went back to the villa and order room service... oh my, I thought we are full...
Had 5 chicken wings with banana boat icecream at IDR163000 which is $22.30
Enjoying it with our beer..
They never clear our plate and there are ants all over the ice cream plate even on the day when we were leaving!
We woke up to look at the beautiful scenery of the sun rise..
The breakfast was terrible.. The worst breakfast that I had even eaten..
So we went back to the villa to munch our tibits..
And reluntantly we left the resort at 1pm ( we actually requested for late check out).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built exclusively atop a hill with private beach, Batam View Beach Resort is a talking point among holidaymakers looking for a getaway that blends modern amenities with nature. It is an oasis of calm, ideal for relaxing, yet complete with indoor and outdoor facilities to enjoy the sun, sea and sand. The resort is an ideal venue for holidaymakers and for corporate meetings, functions and training, with its comprehensive facilities, including wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Batam View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Batam View Beach Hotel Batam
- Batam View Beach Resort Nongsa