I stayed at Batam with my boyfriend for 2D1N last week. Please make sure that you have already prepared Rupiah notes before you come to Batam. There is no money changer at the Nongsa Ferry Terminal or at the resort. This resort do accept Sin dollars, however, the rate is definitely lousier than the market rate. Is 7,000 instead of 7,330. This resort is way too far from the city district. They provide shuttle bus to Nagoya Hill at 37,000 rp at 11.30am (batam time), if I'm not wrong. As we missed the shuttle bus, we called for taxi. It took 45 mins drive to Nagoya Hill. If you do not have car sick, you can take the taxi but beware that some taxis may have poor engine system. It emits the charcoal smell which was unbearable to me throughout my journey back to the resort. One way by taxi is about S$20.
Regarding the resort, in the exterior, it looked old. However, in the interior, it looked pretty nice & i loved their cooling air-con. From Nongsa Ferry Terminal to the resort will take about 5-10mins drive. We reached the resort at about 10am. Check-in time supposed to be at 2pm or 3pm but they allowed us to check in upon our arrival. Maybe because we had the suite room? Well, I was pleased with that as we did not need to pay extra charge for early check-in. The suite room was relatively big. The toilet was clean. There were 2 TVs. There was one from the guest room that could play DVD/VCD/CD.
What we saw from balcony was the swimming pool. We went to the pool. 80% of the people at the pool were Caucasians. They suntanned their body while reading their book. Some ordered drinks from the bar. A very carefree & relaxing lifestyle. If you need a towel after swimming, you can get one from the staff at the bar. Please note that there is only one staff at the bar, so if he goes elsewhere & happen that there is no towel at the bar, it may take ages for you to get the towel. We encountered that and we just used our t-shirt to wipe out the water.
As I mentioned, the resort is far from the city area, so do not expect that there is a nearby shopping mall etc. There is nothing except the restaurants in the resort to "satisfy" your hunger. Our free buffet breakfast and dinner buffet were settled at Wang Melati cafe. Buffet dinner cost about S$30. No wide varieties of foods. Just barbequed/grilled meats, squids, curry chicken, vegetables, rice, pastries. If you order coffee / tea, need money. Very disappointing with the few varieties and the foods tasted so-so, except the grilled fish! Buffet breakfast was a little bit better than the dinner.
There was a small game room. We played the Kinect at Rp 49,000 for 1hour. I think it is quite cheap, given the fact that this resort sells F&B / service at higher cost. If you want to take the Spa, it will be at 5th floor, minimum cost is S$50. I did not have my spa as time was running out.
Overall, this resort relaxed your mind & soul. Staff were friendly. You have to be prepared that you have to spend more $ than you do at city area. There is no nearby shopping mall or food centre. However, I remembered that when I was on the way to resort, there was one "pasar malam". I am not sure what is the exact location. It is easy for you to go there but diffcult to come back as there is no sign of taxi.
To me, I think that staying in this resort for once-in-a-lifetime experience will do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built exclusively atop a hill with private beach, Batam View Beach Resort is a talking point among holidaymakers looking for a getaway that blends modern amenities with nature. It is an oasis of calm, ideal for relaxing, yet complete with indoor and outdoor facilities to enjoy the sun, sea and sand. The resort is an ideal venue for holidaymakers and for corporate meetings, functions and training, with its comprehensive facilities, including wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Batam View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Batam View Beach Hotel Batam
- Batam View Beach Resort Nongsa