“If you dont like to shop & love the sea, this will be the choice for you!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Batam View Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Batam View Beach Resort to your Saves list
Batam View Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
“If you dont like to shop & love the sea, this will be the choice for you!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Batam with my boyfriend for 2D1N last week. Please make sure that you have already prepared Rupiah notes before you come to Batam. There is no money changer at the Nongsa Ferry Terminal or at the resort. This resort do accept Sin dollars, however, the rate is definitely lousier than the market rate. Is 7,000 instead of 7,330. This resort is way too far from the city district. They provide shuttle bus to Nagoya Hill at 37,000 rp at 11.30am (batam time), if I'm not wrong. As we missed the shuttle bus, we called for taxi. It took 45 mins drive to Nagoya Hill. If you do not have car sick, you can take the taxi but beware that some taxis may have poor engine system. It emits the charcoal smell which was unbearable to me throughout my journey back to the resort. One way by taxi is about S$20.

Regarding the resort, in the exterior, it looked old. However, in the interior, it looked pretty nice & i loved their cooling air-con. From Nongsa Ferry Terminal to the resort will take about 5-10mins drive. We reached the resort at about 10am. Check-in time supposed to be at 2pm or 3pm but they allowed us to check in upon our arrival. Maybe because we had the suite room? Well, I was pleased with that as we did not need to pay extra charge for early check-in. The suite room was relatively big. The toilet was clean. There were 2 TVs. There was one from the guest room that could play DVD/VCD/CD.

What we saw from balcony was the swimming pool. We went to the pool. 80% of the people at the pool were Caucasians. They suntanned their body while reading their book. Some ordered drinks from the bar. A very carefree & relaxing lifestyle. If you need a towel after swimming, you can get one from the staff at the bar. Please note that there is only one staff at the bar, so if he goes elsewhere & happen that there is no towel at the bar, it may take ages for you to get the towel. We encountered that and we just used our t-shirt to wipe out the water.

As I mentioned, the resort is far from the city area, so do not expect that there is a nearby shopping mall etc. There is nothing except the restaurants in the resort to "satisfy" your hunger. Our free buffet breakfast and dinner buffet were settled at Wang Melati cafe. Buffet dinner cost about S$30. No wide varieties of foods. Just barbequed/grilled meats, squids, curry chicken, vegetables, rice, pastries. If you order coffee / tea, need money. Very disappointing with the few varieties and the foods tasted so-so, except the grilled fish! Buffet breakfast was a little bit better than the dinner.

There was a small game room. We played the Kinect at Rp 49,000 for 1hour. I think it is quite cheap, given the fact that this resort sells F&B / service at higher cost. If you want to take the Spa, it will be at 5th floor, minimum cost is S$50. I did not have my spa as time was running out.

Overall, this resort relaxed your mind & soul. Staff were friendly. You have to be prepared that you have to spend more $ than you do at city area. There is no nearby shopping mall or food centre. However, I remembered that when I was on the way to resort, there was one "pasar malam". I am not sure what is the exact location. It is easy for you to go there but diffcult to come back as there is no sign of taxi.

To me, I think that staying in this resort for once-in-a-lifetime experience will do.

• Stayed July 2012

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Our group is 33 travelers totally, and each one just spend about 100SGD (80 USD) each person in both food and accommodation.
The rooms that we stay at are just the normal room, and comparing with other 3 stars hotel, there is one bathtub in the room. The cleaness and services are good.
Because we are a group, the buffet are free to us both for lunch and dinner, and of course the second morning breakfast is free also. The taste of the food is just average, and there are more than 7 kinds of dishes. But The buffet is lack of Seafood.
In conclusion, it is just an average hotel, but the price is fantastic and reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms almost the same, but the rooms far away from lift will be more quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This place is very old and tired. It's good if you pick up a room here dirt cheap other wise your paying through the nose. The massage upstairs is really expensive and it's cheaper to travel to town to get one. Service is fine and it has a nice band to listen and relax to. Plenty of water sports and things to do. Just the place looks old and run down but what can you expect from such an old hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had a 3D2N trip. Arrived at 8am and was greeted by a resort staff and collected our passports and arranged the immigration directly and we were off to the resort. We took the package with a city tour, not much to see on that tour but we never had to bother think what to do. Resort arranged everything for us. Beach is not good. It is a very relaxing place. Basically all we did was seep, wake up, eat then sleep, eat swim and eat.

We were very much pampered and our needs taken care of. all in all, a good place to stay close to Singapore.

Room Tip: Ask for high room and sea view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

3D2N stay for us, with a little slow custom clearance at ferry terminal, but arrive at the hotel and all is well. Service is relatively good but i'm not too sure if the staff understand us enough. Required faciliaties were available, and internet (wi-fi) was good given that it is in Indonesia. SPA was value for money. Rooms are comfortable.
On the whole, the experience is good. But good is a beginning where improvements could provide better customer/guest experience for future guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I booked a 3 days 2 nights package from a travel agent for S$115 per pax on 18 January 2012 till 20 January 2012.

We reached at Nongsa Fery Terminal and the land transfer took around 15 minutes to reach the hotel. The hotel looks quite old but great scenery. Upon reaching, we checked-in into our hotel room. I got a twin room and when I requested for a queen bed, they said that I need to wait for another hour which at the end I just take the room. Later, my hubby and I just join the bed together. We requested for a baby cot which is huge and comfortable for our 10 months old baby. Our room view is great. It is a seaview and pool view. It is very peaceful to look at. The room is quite small but clean only that the praquet floor is worn out.

This resort is far from town area. We had to rent for a van which cost us S$60 for a 3 hours rent which is expensive. The journey to the town took us around 30 minutes. All the food here is in S$ which is very expensive. Since we went out to the town, we ate our meals there and also pack our food to our hotel.

Our package come with a buffet breakfast. The breakfast is not much to expect with little choices to choose from.

My hubby wants to go for their promotion S$11 foot massage but they are not prepared as there is insufficient masseur. So we had to wait for awhile for their masseur which they "borrow" from their spa.

On our third day, we suppose to check-out at 1300hrs but they allowed us to check-out late at 1530hrs since our ferry is at 1630hrs. But we need to top-out S$25 for 3 rooms.

Do take note that everything in this hotel is in S$.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Clevedon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Staff are friendly but I'm not sure some of them understand the basics of service i.e. that they are there to ensure that guests have a pleasant and relaxing time (for which we are, after all, paying). At this hotel, some of the staff seem to have blurred the boundaries a little - playing their own iPods through the pool's sound system, jamming in the lobby on the band's night off (and no, I don't want to hear chopsticks at midnight on the hotel piano), turning the music down when asked only to turn it up again 2 minutes later.

Music is at the heart of this hotel's problems. There is too much of it and it is too loud. Sometimes, there are two tracks playing in the same location e.g. in the open-plan coffee bar AND in the adjoining lobby. Once, I even heard three. The band do their best but they're a bit ham-fisted and the vocals are dire. Plus, again, they play too loud. I can forgive a lot but not having my eardrums assaulted every time I go outside my room.

Which brings me to my next point. The room. Large but shabby, awful shower, drawer fronts coming off, bad reception on the TV, not sure I trust the balcony railings. But my main beef was with the room service. I left a half-empty glass of juice on the tray where they keep the kettle. It wasn't removed for 3 days. I put it outside the room. It wasn't removed for a further 3 days by which time it had a coating of mould. When I mentioned this to the receptionist, she genuinely didn't see why I might find this a problem.

Other issues. Tiny beach, no loungers. Two restaurants, one OK, the other, hmm. UHT milk and undrinkable tea at breakfast. The one good thing about this hotel is the pool but there was no outside service, the bar was never open and, sorry to go on about it, the staff would keep playing their iPods or (worse) local radio over the sound system.

Poor.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!