“Good place to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Batam View Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Batam View Beach Resort to your Saves list
Batam View Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
“Good place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

I went to Batam View resort with my wife and 2 kids and a couple with 2 kids. It was a relaxing experience in this resort. The exterior looks old but once you enter the resort, it was completely different. Big comfy chair and cooling lobby. The room is nice and cosy and the bed is comfortable. Hotel staff polite and helpful. Pool is a bit small but still ok. Go on a weekday if you wish to have some quiet moment at the beach or anywhere in the hotel as it's a bit too crowded over the weekend.

We opt for a full board package which consists of breakfast and lunch at the Wangi Melati Coffee House and a seafood dinner at their Kelong Seafood Restaurant. The food was ok. If you are heading down to the Kelong seafood, check with the counter staff to arrange a buggy to send you down. The trip to Kelong from hotel is 230m away.

Overall a great experience if you wish to have a relaxing time.

• Liked — Room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

We spent the weekend - Saturday to Monday - at the Batam View Beach Resort. We took up the one bedroom villa. The villa that we got was the first one off main beach area and right opposite the beach loos! Not a good location for a 696-Singapore- dollar-for- two- nights stay (about 350 Singapore dollars per night with breakfast). The villa is a single bedroom wooden cottage right over the water. There is a smallish kitchen counter with a gas hob but no cooking utensils were provided. The commode flush did not work well which was a bit inconvenient with three adults and a child. The glasses provided smelt of pesticide and we did not use them as we were with a young child. I thought the hotel could have been a bit more generous with the tea and coffee sachets and the sugar - they provided exactly two- really budget for a non-budget price. The overall feel of the hotel is three star.

There was a children’s playground area was ok. The coffee shop buffet was reasonable but a bit restricted for vegetarians. Try the fried banana with ice cream dessert – that’s nice. We did not try the sea food restaurant.

The spa was strictly so-so – I had the head, neck and shoulder massage – which was mostly a back massage (??) and ended up with a sore back the next morning.

The beach was extremely noisy until Sunday evening with loudspeakers playing music all the time even through the Sunday afternoon. Some companies had their retreats here so there were additional loudspeakers to conduct staff games through the day. Not what we wanted when we chose a weekend retreat.

Service was overall reasonable - I kind of expected at least this level of service for the price so am not going to say that it was really good. However, the popcorn people refused to make fresh popcorn until the existing popcorn packs were over which I thought was poor customer service as they could very easily have made some fresh pop corn. And this was despite telling them that the popcorn was for a young child.

I would recommend the Banyu Biru Villas at Bintan instead of this hotel where we actually get a two bedroom villa (two storeys) for about the same cost with an altogether better weekend experience.

To note:
If payment is by credit card the hotel will convert the singapore dollar rates to Indonesian rupiah which in turn will be reconverted into home currency by the credit card company so we end up losing twice on the exchange rates.

• Liked — Nothing really
  • Disliked — Expected better quality for the price
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
sin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

i n my wife book a delux seaview room for a nite on 16th july 2007. On arriving we were impressed on what we saw at the lobby clean n spacious. the lounge area were impressive with comfortable sofa around it.
the room which we stay in were relatively big with a good seaview n a tabletop in it for me to do my work. wat impressed me is that they actually provided free intenet access in the hotel room(just ask for a lan cable from the reception in the lobby) usually other hotel charged.
the food they served in the restaurant is quite good n the price is quite reaonable.
As for the pool i prefer it to b bigger will be better
overall the atmosphere is good n a good place for relaxation n would defintely recommended my friends there.
if times permit i would defintely like to try the villa there. it have a tremendous view directly facing the sea.
for those who have not been there BATAM VIEW RESORT is a good place to try in batam.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

had just visited this resort last weekend as recommended by my
friend, is a total surprise tat i didnt know for just 30mins travel from sin , you can arrive at such a relaxing place at all... the resort's rooms is v new & clean, heard tat just been renovated not long, all the staffs r v nice & courteous, although u can actually just do nothing at all but just lying around the beach or their jetty area watching ppl fishing etc... discovering how life can b tat easy & simply actually.... sigh... but they do hv lots of sea sports activity avail.. though i do not hv time to try it tat day, must try next visit... wl ask more frd to join me then... saw few rows of seafront villas lying along the seaside... looks interesting too... i stayed in a deluxe rm this time though, if its not ex should try it ...
oh like their Islander lounge embience with live performers singing romantic jazz piece at nite...

• Liked — the v clean spacious rooms
  • Disliked — take time to explore the whole resort
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

Just went to batam view last sat.......
the room is very new and clean.....but the SPA really kinda of sad..
as rundown..and kinda not clean!in the end didnt take the spa.

the service for the front counter really a MESS!!!
super crowded...maybe due to alot of company function and school holiday..

and the swimming pool really small..as too crowded..didnt able to swim much.........

and the kelong resturant..really head pain to those elders..alot of steps to climb!!!!danger.....to the older age

And seafood not so fresh..my cousin have diarrhea after eating `flower crabs`

And when she want to buy medicine ..need to see their house doctor..which cost Singapore dollar $150 each visit!!!

And in the end..the next day..we left very early...

i will go back only for their Villa..as the view is great..

• Liked — The clean bedroom
  • Disliked — their villa
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

I went to the hotel in mid April. I had initially wanted to try Harris Resort but it was fully booked. So I contacted the Singapore representative office to book a few deluxe rooms as Batam View is one of the most famous resort in Batam. I made specific request like seaview rooms, king beds and a complimentary one way land transfer to Batam Centre instead of the usual pick up and departure point at Nongsa which was much nearer the resort.

The representative in Batam assured me that all my specific requests will be met as I had told him that I will cancel my bookings if none of the requests could be met as I appreciated people to be forthright right from the beginning.

My problems started the moment I arrived. I was told that no seaview rooms are available and my specific one way transfer back to Batam Centre could only be met at a Price of $5 per pax.

It was a most exsparating experience talking to the staff in the resort. They were rude, uninitiated, patronising and clueless. I repeatedly told them to check with the Singapore representative my pre-arranagements. I told them I did not want a car park view (which was what some of us were given) Come on, why should I pay the premium price of a deluxe room if I was given that view? I might as well stay in a cheap hotel in Nagoya Town. They did not want to check with the Singapore representative and I suspected they want to save on IDD costs. I have never seen such a CHEAPSKATE hotel!

I was embarrased throughout the whole epsisode as I went with some foreigners and there were other hotel guests around and the last thing I wanted was for my foreign friends to think I was being difficult. It is hard to control one's emotions when dealing with a bunch of thorougly clueless and unprofessional staff. What was shocking was that the senior staff did not lead by example and was really rude, speaks in a patronising mannner to me when her staff consulted her on the situation.

The best service from the resort ironically came from people who are not trained - the TRAINEES. They are professional and kept smiling depsite the heat of the situation. Hmm, I wonder what kind of training was given that could turm some young, aspiring individuals into a bunch of ignorant, imbecile, unprofessional individuals that I had witnessed manning the front desks that warm Saturday afternoon ?

The matter was reluctantly resolved after much haggling and it really spoils our mood.

If you think the above is BAD, wait till you hear this. Some of my friends had to check out early the next day and had to take the complimentary land transfer back to Batam Centre.A journey which would take 45 mins took only 15 mins. So anybody could have imagine the recklessness of the driver! Lives are at stake here, Oh BOY!

The rest of us who stayed later arranged our own transport at our own expense as we didnt want to inconvenience any of the hotel staff any further.

When I told the Singapore representative about the reckless driver, he claims that it is beyond their control as they had engaged the services of a taxi driver to meet my specific request instead of using the hotel shuttle. Granted they were trying to oblige, but don't they have to ensure the safety of their guests? It is convenient to simply shrug off one's responsibilities. I am appall and did not expect such service from a reputable hotel like Batam Veiw.

To everyone out there: Forget about this resortl! The Service SUCKS Big Time. There is total incordination and confusion between the Singapore respentative office and the Batam hotel. I will NEVER go back to this resort EVER AGAIN!

The only redeeming feature is the Banana Boat which I urged everyone to try.

• Liked — banana boat
  • Disliked — staff attitude
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

The hotel is quite old but I think the room has been renovated recently. It's clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Things that I mind about the hotel are:
1. it's quite far from the city centre (30 mins each way)
2. there isnt much things to do around the resort and;
3. the breakfast is pretty standard & it was abit chaotic and out of order (dishes were not constantly refilled and the buffet tables were not regularly cleaned during the rush hours)

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The spa although it's quite cheap, the rooms are quite average or even below.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Batam View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!