“Family Hoilday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Family Hoilday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and i visited Montigo during our june school hoilday. The villa was huge. The kids love the pool. Restaurant was good and affordable. Only things is i have to pay extra for my another kid for $100++ per nite. I was told that i this included extra bed but i was not given any. Only things is quite expensive for the villa

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My friends and I (5 ladies) visited Montigo Resort on 27-29 June 2014.

We had a terrifying experience on the second night during our bath time because there was a peeping tom! This incident happened about 9.15pm. One of our friend was showering in the toilet of the master bedroom that was located on the 2nd floor and the peeping Tom was peeping in from the 3rd floor through the clear glass ceiling (frosted at the corners) of the toilet! The design of the ceiling is such that it allows sunlight to penetrate into toilet. He was crouching at the corners of the glass panels trying to hide,but my friend spotted his hands on the clear panel when she pushed open the shower door to grab her towel after her shower. He was wearing a white sleeved shirt. She was the last to shower, and there were 2 other girls who showered before her!

My friend was so scared she ran out of the toilet dripping wet. We rushed up to the 3rd floor which was the sky terrace (an area meant for people to gather up there, chill and enjoy the sky) and realised that the glass ceiling panel of the toilet could be so easily accessed! The structure and design of the villa is so poorly designed! because the so-called wall that was built to create the barrier between the sky terrace area and the glass ceiling panel was less than a metre high; even a 5 year old kid could easily climb over it! There were built-in seats by the wall which made it even easier to climb! We climbed over and peered through the glass panel..we had a completely clear view of the entire toilet on the 2nd floor. We could see the sink, the bathtub, the toiletbowl and the shower area. Even though we had showered in the shower area with the door closed, there was a huge gap at the top of the shower door (to allow ventilation) and the peeping tom would have no problems watching his prey in the shower! We did a test and it was proven. We also realised that it was easy to climb from one villa to another effortlessly.

When we tried to lock the door of the sky terrace which led to the bedrooms on the 2nd floor, we then realised that there was misalignment and the door couldn't be locked! this meant that we had slept the first night with the risk that someone could easily enter from the 3rd floor into our bedrooms on the 2nd floor. This is how poorly maintained the resort is!

My friend called the reception to request for someone to repair the lock and requested to speak to the manager. We did not mention about the incident over the phone. The duty manager came approximately 15-20 minutes later (with a security guard). We explained the whole incident to him. The manager said that it was unacceptable and that they would investigate into this matter. He said that while there were CCTVs around the entrance of the villas, he was not sure if there were any others as he was not familiar with the structure of the villas etc. He also said that he would arrange for the security guard to patrol our area for the night for our safety. Our only worry was what if it was an insider job?! We warned our neightbours in the next door villa as we noticed that it was also an all girls group.

Anyway, the manager got an engineer to repair the lock for us that night. He also said the investigation would begin immediately and that he would keep us informed whenever they have news. He reassured us that we would hear from them at breakfast the next morning on any updates, if not that night. However, we did not. We had to ask about it when we were checking out after breakfast. Again, they told us there were still investigating and would update us via email.

We felt very unsafe that night and were very afraid to sleep. It was basically a night of fear, emotional trauma and uneasiness. Our holiday was totally ruined! For others who are checking in to Montigo, please be careful and to play it safe, I would suggest that you do not even use the toilet in the master bedroom!!

I hope the montigo resort management is taking this very seriously and is putting in effort into the investigations! We are expecting a reply and update on this matter in the shortest time possible or we will consider taking further actions.

Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear qianqian22,

Thank you for your comments. It was unfortunate that you and your friends had this unpleasant encounter at our Resort. The safety and security of our guests is of utmost importance at Montigo Resorts, Nongsa, and we would like to assure you that we take this incident very seriously and are looking into it.

We have since taken steps to boost security within the Resort such as increased security patrols at the villas and re-evaluate our security cameras.

I have also contacted you earlier by phone to inform you of the progress of our ongoing investigation. I hope that following these security enhancements, we will be able to invite you and your friends back for the true Montigo Resorts experience.

Von Go
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very pleasant, friendly and helpful staff from reception right through to cleaners. Nice villas although the beachfront villas have no direct access to the beach. This deficiency is made up by having an individual infinity pool in each villa and 2 larger common pools in the resort. Although possible to get around the resort by calling for a buggy, the resort is not suitable for the handicapped as there are lots of steps in the 2 storey villas and to the restaurants. There should be more wheelchair access. Great choices of local and international food for breakfast and in the restaurants.

Room Tip: Beachfront villas have a great view of the sea and sunset.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I visited Montigo on 26th June 2014, Thursday. When I arrived at the lobby, I attempted to make the booking for the shuttle bus to Nagoya hill, but it was filled and I was advised to take a Cab (a cab registered with montigo and carries their sticker) from the lobby to nagoya hill and back, each costing RP 200,000 (Sgd $22) X2, and that it was a flat rate- the cab will wait anywhere we are at and bring us around the area and back. Because me and my friend were caught up at the nail salon, the cab driver waited about 45 minutes for us. We had also prepared a 'tip' and bought 8 doughnuts in a box (RP 45,000) to thank him for his service, because we noted that he hadn't eaten then. On the way back,we were told the extra hour of waiting for us cost $100,000 RP extra.I asked if this was the normal rate and he said yes. So instead of paying $400,000 RP, We paid $500,000 RP. We didn't want to make too much of a fuss, so we paid it anyway.

I was a bit unsure and felt a bit uneasy so I went to ask the front desk, a Miss Marina and Yuri handled my request and told me they will settle it. When I reached my villa at about 30 minutes or less, someone from montigo came to my door with the extra $100,000 RP, it was collected back from the Driver.

With this I would like to thank all montigo staff, esp Miss Marina and Yuri who handled it so professionally to help us get back the $100,00RP that we were cheated of. It showed great professionalism on their part.

The villa was huge! Although I have to say that a lot of the floors were dirty and a little black, but still worth visiting. If you're scared of the big moths you might not want to come, we closed our glass sliding doors so they wouldn't get in! The sunset by the pool view is amazing. The staff are extremely friendly and the buggy service was pretty on time, we got our buggy within 5-10 mins upon calling. Also, it's extremely near nongsapura ferry terminal, 5-15 mins tops by the complimentary bus!

Room Tip: Get the sea view rooms! They're beautiful!
Batam, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Got a chance stay here which is like dreaming coming true.. it happened on 24 June, thats really cool. after finished my duty i just take taxi and take a journey roughly 30mins away..

once we arrived warms and great staff touch my feel. and continue with short brief and WOW the villa was absolutely awesome.

sleeping quality 100% so perfect.

Just Look around all great... since new property. only cleanliness the major issue in the villa..

Room Tip: No Much Different only for the view,, Hillside the best one..
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

It is indeed a nice place but the villa room is full of ants. The wall is dirty so is the floor. I feel digusted. I paid so much for a dirty room. I called the room service to clean up and three hours later no one turn up at my villa. Disappointed as Montigo is not detailed about the cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2014
Von G, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing Montigo Resorts for your recent stay and your valued time spent writing this feedback.

I do apologize for the issues with the room cleanliness in your villa. I have communicated this feedback with my team and we will look into ensuring that such issues are resolved once and for all.

It is always a disappointment to hear from a guest that their stay was not flawless. While compliments are nice to receive, it is constructive feedback, such as yours, that helps us
pinpoint areas where corrective measures are necessary to bring us closer to our goal.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours sincerely

Von Go
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Me and my family stayed here on the 17-19 june 2014. Greeted by smily staffs and were given welcome drink and a cold towel to freshen our sweaty face. Staf brought us to our villa and the view really wowed us. A 3 storey villa with 2 bedrooms and a private pool and private upper deck that is so spacious. It was love at first sight. All staff were great, smiles everywhere and anywhere. All staff were friendly, polite and we can feel the sincerity in them. Food were delicious especially the spaghetti bolognaise. Breakfast:- lots of variations of food. Superb too. Family with kids, there's also kids club and your kids can play and draw. There's 2 public pools too and a gym. Stunning view with sunset right in front of ur villa. Will definitely come back again. Here's a shout out to all the superb staff John Lee, Aloysius Michael, Olid from the pool, faisal, rizal, ,sastro, pak jamal and annie. Thank u once again for the surprise birthday cake

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nongsa
Nongsa Point Marina & Resort
Angsana Bintan
Angsana Bintan
#8 of 29 in Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,064 reviews

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!