“Great Weekend of Family Fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Weekend of Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Rented 2 villas for my family of 7 and we had a very enjoyable stay.

Villas had plenty of amenities and entertainment options such as private pool and Wii console etc. There are 3 bathrooms within each villa; master bathroom was very big with a skyview. There's also an option to cater for a private BBQ session at the rooftop of the villa (includes BBQ menu, personal chef and set up).

Staff was also very helpful, sending us to and from our villas with their buggy. Some of the resort's sports and entertainment facilities were still under development when I visited though.

I would recommend Montigo for anyone looking for a relaxing weekend getaway with family and/or friends. There is probably more affordable accommodation on the island, but the large private space you get in the villas is worth the extra expenditure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, December 20, 2013

I am delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and for your kind recommendations.

I look forward to your return in the very near future.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went to the Montigo Resorts Nongsa for a long weekend with fiends.
Found that there was not much to do at the resort as they did not have many tours or sports facilities available.
We went to the resort with our kinds and they did have a kids club house which was set up for very small kids 2 to 5 years of age upstairs or for the older kids there were WII and XBOX downstairs. As I am constantly trying to stop my kids from playing too much on such electronic devices this was not of a great help.

The rooms them self are very roomy but they are not 3000 Square foot as advertised (unless you count the corridors ans stair case and outside area.

There are three pools but you can only use one of them if you are under 16 years of age and the one you can use is rather small.

On the plus side the staff is very friendly and they do try hard. However, they do lack competency. In the restaurant the ham and turkey sandwich became a salmon bagel. And the replacement sandwich did not come as the staff had changed shift and nobody had told the new staff that our table still needed a sandwich. All in all it took one hour and twenty minutes for them to make a sandwich.

A bottle of white wine we ordered became a bottle of red. A request for a comb become a Golf Buggy, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate the time that you have taken to share your feedback

Please accept my sincere apologies for communication challenges with my staff. I have discussed your review in detail in our Director of Food & Beverage and rest assured that we are working on to plug this issue soonest.

I do hope that you indulge us this occassion and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort real soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

8 guys on a golfing trip.

Went for a 2D/1N golfing trip in Batam and decided to stay and find out more about the rather new Montigo Resorts.

Okay, some small but useful details first !
The villas have free wifi, can you can charge your mobile devices using the usb outlets via the TVs or the docking stations provided(only iphones 3GS, 4 n 4s, i'm afraid)
Best for couples or small families, however, do take note that if you have very young children or old folks, it maybe quite troublesome to climb those stairs to reach the rooms on the 2nd floor. The breakfast area+main swimming pool are a slight distant away. You can walk (healthy option) or call for a buggy to take you there n back.

Overall, the resort is lovely, new and at some areas, still constructing new buildings/villas.
The 2 room villas has 3 floors. Once you enter in, you will be greeted by the large living room. It has many a amenity like, 42in TV, Bose docking system, large sofas and service apartment style cooking area. Just outside the glass door is the mini "infinity" pool, with the very nice sea view to relax and soak in.

On the 2nd floor are the 2 huge rooms. One is with a Queen size bed n the other is Twin bedded. Both comes with (again) huge bathroom/toilet and overall it is very cosy !
There's a smaller size 24" TV and iLurve docking station. Once again, you have the nice sea view just right infront of you.

And now, the rooftop ! It is a beautiful place to rest n relax at, howbeit, ONLY from evening n sun down onwards. You WON'T wanna be baked there during the day ! A great place for BBQ, as this can be arranged directly with the resort or your booking agent.

Dinner setting at the restaurants are mainly set up for couples and with candlelight lovely dovely ambiance. I did not check out the prices but do believe it should set you back a fair bit.
We opted to go to the nearby Amazon Seafood, which is literally next to the Ferry Terminal ! The food was GREAT n very very reasonable !

Lastly, besides the resort, there is really nothing much going around there. Can get too boring easily ! You can request for paid transfers to town (sorry not sure how $$) but the one way trip is one hour car ride. Then there is the old but familiar Batam View Resort next door as well as Palm Springs Golf Courses just next to it too.

Well, just my opinion n sharing. Hope you find this helpful and if you do go, have fun n enjoy yourselves ! cheers !

Room Tip: Need to climb stairs to the rooms, so those with young children n old folks please take note
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We have several activities in the resort that you could indulge in ranging from tennis games, cycling trips, kampung tours, fishing and firefly trips to sea sports.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us again real soon.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Not a 5-star resort, yet.

The villas are wonderfully designed but not well equipped and maintained. The staff were friendly but not attentive and efficient enough.

What I like
+oversized villas with private lap pool
+private beach, albeit small
+well-equipped kids club
+nice sunset view
+tasty foods
+friendly staff (Daisy, Faizal, Seohyun)
+quiet and relaxing

What can be improved on
-villas not well maintained and not clean! I found two fake fingernails, probably from previous guests. Stained floor and sofa.
-F&B manager scolded staff in presence of guests (saw it two times)
-staff lacking of initiative to try to remember what guests need, after 4 days, we still had to request basically the same thing, like kids meal set, plain water, extra coffee, etc.
-trash around villas, like cigarette boxes
-inefficient buggy service
-limited in-villa amenities

Room Tip: my 2c, hillside villas have similar sea view than the more expensive beachfront villas. so save your...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in our service standards. Rest assured that we are continously looking at improvements in our service standards. All guests feedback are analyzed and shared with our leadership and corrective measures are put in place.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope to see you return to stay with us once again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Montigo resorts came as a recommended place to stay for a group of more than 3 since every villa comes with 2 bedrooms. When my friends and I arrived at the resort's lobby, we were sincerely greeted by the staff. The receptionist got through my booking in a good pace and even went the extra mile to locate our passports (which we forgot to collect from the Golf Club after our round of golf). For this, I must commend their efforts put in.

However, the rest of the stay were inundated with extremely slow service especially when it came to room service. Our orders did not arrive till much later and extra order of chillis took them another 45 minutes despite repeated calls to chase them for it. The clearing of the empty plates took another hour....

The resort has nothing much to offer except the nice small dipping private pool that comes with your villa. The spa therapists are really professional and experienced though, and I wouldn't mind going back for the massage if the price wasn't so steep. At $155 for a 90minute massage, it isn't such a value for money treat.

The villa is infested with ants though, so make sure you don't leave scraps of food on the tables!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the slow service that you experienced especially with the in-villa dining. I have shared your feedback with our F&B Leadership to ensure that the processes are improved and training is conducted, where necessary.

I have also asked our Housekeeper to work with the pest control company to look into the issue with ants.

Our recreation team now offers a range of activities for our guests that range from arranging golf sessions, sea sports, ATV, sunsent and fishing cruises to conducting games and activities for children at our OLO Kids Club. We also have our TIIGO Bar operational on weekends with a DJ spinning great music.

I look forward to your return to see our improvements and our additional services that we offer.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked an overnight stay on a weekend with my girlfriend and 2 friends. Check-in service was hassle free and we were brought in a buggy to our seafront villa. The villa was reasonably clean and view was nice but not spectacular (construction and generally just the other part of Batam island). The staff was extremely friendly but use simple English to be understood. Most times, service was slow - we waited 1 hour for the buggy pick up to the reception for check-out, and another hour for them to come clear dirty plates from room service. Large groups consisting of young adults or families with kids were the main patrons, so expect noise from nearby villas with thumping music and kids screaming. Think of staying in a terrace house in SG and you'll get the picture.

The spa was undeniably the star of this resort. It was slightly pricey, but worth a visit. Anyway, there's nothing much else to do here, other than a trip to Batam town. The staff were professional and skilled. You will be in good hands. I wouldn't mind visiting the spa again, but probably won't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

I apologize for the poor service that you had experienced during your stay. My leaders and I are conducting training with our team to improve our service standards and the services that we offer. We have now opened our TIIGO Bar (on Saturdays) with a DJ spinning and our adults only pool area fronting the bar. We also water sports, ATV, bicycle trails, kampong trails, fishing and sunset cruises. We also have a unique kids club that is popular with our young ones.

I glad that you enjoyed our spa services and will share your feedback with the Spa Team.

I seek your indulgence and I sincerely hope that you will return to see the improvements in our resort.

Thank you once again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

By friends recommendation, we decided to book a villa to have a pre-birthday celebration for my girlfriend. Started the trip very badly but ended the trip with a out of the world service provided by Montigo staff. Heres how it goes.

Before the trip

Started planning for the trip about 1 and a half months back, chance upon www.iprefer.com which provided us with an attractive advanced booking price as well as a complimentry fruit basket and a bottle of red wine. Was feeling skeptical initially but after emailing to Montigo, we were assure of the validity of iprefer. I was directed by Vanessa and Sock Pheng from the Singapore office to Likie Handoyo for the arrangement of my stay in Montigo. Likie was attentive to my request and assisted me in arranging the surprise flowers and cake meant for my girlfriend birthday. As well as answering my queries on regards to nearby shops in nongsa where we could purchase cooking ingredients to make use of the kitchen in the villa.

Day 1

Took a 11am ( SG time ) from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to Nongsa Terminal. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly Montigo staff whom i did not manage to his name. After verifying my name we were lead to a holding area while waiting for the rest of the passengers to clear custom. As it was drizzling on that day, the Montigo took out a hugh umbrella and shelter us to the mini bus awaiting at the bus even though the distance was probably like a 5 sec walk. During the short journey from the terminal to Montigo ( 10mins ), We were brief by the staff about the highlights of the villa and the complimentry transport out to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.

As we arrive the Villa, we were warmly greeted by the friendly staff and was serve with a welcome drink which taste fantastic but we were not serve with the towel ( warm?) as our hands was full with the drinks and our luggage. Even after we settle down our luggage on the sofa the staff still miss us on the towel which was still ok as we don't really need it. During Check-In we were inform that the standard check-in time was 3pm and the previous occupant have yet to check-out hence we decided to deposit our luggage and proceed to lunch at Tadd's. Journey to the restaurant was by buggy driven by the friendly staff. Food at Tadd's was average but the great sea view compensate for it. After a long lunch we decided to check if our room was ready. Only then i realize i was given any invoice or receipt on my room number and i somehow forgotten which villa was assign to us. But the staff at Tadd's still manages to assist us on the checking when i gave them my name. At that time it was about 1pm and we were inform that our villa 26 was still in the mids of cleaning and its not ready so we decide to walk around the bar and the pool which probably took us only like 15-20 mins to finish exploring.

Thank god, we manage to chance upon the Kid's corner just above the swimming pool and they had small little hut like shed with game consoles for the visitors to use! Upon checking with the staff to our disappointment we were told that there were no more controllers available for our use as other visitors had took them all! But after awhile we notice that another staff was still setting up other consoles for other visitors! Which prompted us to check again then we were told that they had more controllers. As the Villa was still not ready we just settle down and played with the consoles till about 2pm. By them all the visitors have left i recon they had all check in to their villa, so we prompted for the staff to check on our villa again, this time round we were told there cleaning is still in progress and it will definitely and confirm will be ready for check in before 3! So we continue gaming till around 2.45pm. Yet upon checking it was still not ready! So we were recommended by the staff to take a trip to their Spa area for visiting.

Reached the Spa area shortly at abt 2.55pm. By then we were already exhausted and i was also running a fever, to add on to that we were inform that our villa will only be ready in 30mins time!! which was pass the standard check in timing of 3! Feeling angry and sick we made our way back to the reception area and i must say Montigo staff ( Ye Yan ) service attitude was truly out of the world. She handle my temper well enough and even manage to get us a extended check out timing to 3pm instead of the standard 12pm. After much dissatisfaction, we were buggy to our Villa number 1 which they changed from 26. Upon arriving we were greeted by Likie himself and expressing his deepest apology which we accepted for the inconvenience during the check in. And he reassure me that the plans we made for the surprise dinner will be carry out smoothly. Everything in the villa was great except the private pool sea view was block by a tree.

Next up was dinner at Pantai restaurant. Food was above average but for small eaters i would not recommend ordering the large portion of the food as the serving was pretty hugh even for a big eater like me. My plan for the birthday cake and bouquet of flowers was also delivery nicely to the surprise of my girlfriend. And we even manage to catch a glimpse of the fireworks from SIngapore's National Day rehearsal.

Day 2

Woke up for the buffet breakfast at Tadd's, Food taste was okay but would be good if more variety of food could be serve. And we do notice there there was no creamer made available on the table for our coffee and tea. After breakfast was back to the villa to enjoy the pool and Wii consoles in the villa. Lunch was a self prepare lunch with the minimum ingredient brought over from Singapore accompany by the Red wine provided by Iprefer.

When the clock strikes 3 our heart sank abit as we knew it was time to leave this wonderful resort villa. Nonetheless we proceed to the reception area by buggy to settle our outstanding bills. At the reception i was greeted by Ye Yan again whom already know me by name partially i suppose was due to the big fuss i made during check in. But her professionalism never fails her and she still greeted me with the widest smile while her colleagues were out serving us with the welcome drinks which i notice was only serve to us while the other guest had to request for the drinks. And for toy plushie lovers, the reception counter has a cute toy chicken? on sales which cost roughly abt SGD$15+++ for the smaller size and SGD$30+++ for the bigger size toy.
And this concludes our wonderful 2 days 1 night trip which made me experience the most wonderful customer service provided by selected individual of Montigo.

Lastly i would like to pay special compliment to Likie and Ye Yan for making this wonderful trip possible.

Room Tip: Avoid Villa 1 as there is a tree blocking the private pool sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
My sincere appreciation for the detailed sharing.

I apologize once again on behalf of the resort for not being able to assign a villa on your arrival. I am glad that Yeyen and Likie took care of you nevertheless. I have shared your compliments with Likie and Yeyen.

I am glad that the surprise you had planned turned out well and the both of your enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to your return in the very near future.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!