“Friendly staff but service quality needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly staff but service quality needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked an overnight stay on a weekend with my girlfriend and 2 friends. Check-in service was hassle free and we were brought in a buggy to our seafront villa. The villa was reasonably clean and view was nice but not spectacular (construction and generally just the other part of Batam island). The staff was extremely friendly but use simple English to be understood. Most times, service was slow - we waited 1 hour for the buggy pick up to the reception for check-out, and another hour for them to come clear dirty plates from room service. Large groups consisting of young adults or families with kids were the main patrons, so expect noise from nearby villas with thumping music and kids screaming. Think of staying in a terrace house in SG and you'll get the picture.

The spa was undeniably the star of this resort. It was slightly pricey, but worth a visit. Anyway, there's nothing much else to do here, other than a trip to Batam town. The staff were professional and skilled. You will be in good hands. I wouldn't mind visiting the spa again, but probably won't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

I apologize for the poor service that you had experienced during your stay. My leaders and I are conducting training with our team to improve our service standards and the services that we offer. We have now opened our TIIGO Bar (on Saturdays) with a DJ spinning and our adults only pool area fronting the bar. We also water sports, ATV, bicycle trails, kampong trails, fishing and sunset cruises. We also have a unique kids club that is popular with our young ones.

I glad that you enjoyed our spa services and will share your feedback with the Spa Team.

I seek your indulgence and I sincerely hope that you will return to see the improvements in our resort.

Thank you once again.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

By friends recommendation, we decided to book a villa to have a pre-birthday celebration for my girlfriend. Started the trip very badly but ended the trip with a out of the world service provided by Montigo staff. Heres how it goes.

Before the trip

Started planning for the trip about 1 and a half months back, chance upon www.iprefer.com which provided us with an attractive advanced booking price as well as a complimentry fruit basket and a bottle of red wine. Was feeling skeptical initially but after emailing to Montigo, we were assure of the validity of iprefer. I was directed by Vanessa and Sock Pheng from the Singapore office to Likie Handoyo for the arrangement of my stay in Montigo. Likie was attentive to my request and assisted me in arranging the surprise flowers and cake meant for my girlfriend birthday. As well as answering my queries on regards to nearby shops in nongsa where we could purchase cooking ingredients to make use of the kitchen in the villa.

Day 1

Took a 11am ( SG time ) from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to Nongsa Terminal. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly Montigo staff whom i did not manage to his name. After verifying my name we were lead to a holding area while waiting for the rest of the passengers to clear custom. As it was drizzling on that day, the Montigo took out a hugh umbrella and shelter us to the mini bus awaiting at the bus even though the distance was probably like a 5 sec walk. During the short journey from the terminal to Montigo ( 10mins ), We were brief by the staff about the highlights of the villa and the complimentry transport out to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.

As we arrive the Villa, we were warmly greeted by the friendly staff and was serve with a welcome drink which taste fantastic but we were not serve with the towel ( warm?) as our hands was full with the drinks and our luggage. Even after we settle down our luggage on the sofa the staff still miss us on the towel which was still ok as we don't really need it. During Check-In we were inform that the standard check-in time was 3pm and the previous occupant have yet to check-out hence we decided to deposit our luggage and proceed to lunch at Tadd's. Journey to the restaurant was by buggy driven by the friendly staff. Food at Tadd's was average but the great sea view compensate for it. After a long lunch we decided to check if our room was ready. Only then i realize i was given any invoice or receipt on my room number and i somehow forgotten which villa was assign to us. But the staff at Tadd's still manages to assist us on the checking when i gave them my name. At that time it was about 1pm and we were inform that our villa 26 was still in the mids of cleaning and its not ready so we decide to walk around the bar and the pool which probably took us only like 15-20 mins to finish exploring.

Thank god, we manage to chance upon the Kid's corner just above the swimming pool and they had small little hut like shed with game consoles for the visitors to use! Upon checking with the staff to our disappointment we were told that there were no more controllers available for our use as other visitors had took them all! But after awhile we notice that another staff was still setting up other consoles for other visitors! Which prompted us to check again then we were told that they had more controllers. As the Villa was still not ready we just settle down and played with the consoles till about 2pm. By them all the visitors have left i recon they had all check in to their villa, so we prompted for the staff to check on our villa again, this time round we were told there cleaning is still in progress and it will definitely and confirm will be ready for check in before 3! So we continue gaming till around 2.45pm. Yet upon checking it was still not ready! So we were recommended by the staff to take a trip to their Spa area for visiting.

Reached the Spa area shortly at abt 2.55pm. By then we were already exhausted and i was also running a fever, to add on to that we were inform that our villa will only be ready in 30mins time!! which was pass the standard check in timing of 3! Feeling angry and sick we made our way back to the reception area and i must say Montigo staff ( Ye Yan ) service attitude was truly out of the world. She handle my temper well enough and even manage to get us a extended check out timing to 3pm instead of the standard 12pm. After much dissatisfaction, we were buggy to our Villa number 1 which they changed from 26. Upon arriving we were greeted by Likie himself and expressing his deepest apology which we accepted for the inconvenience during the check in. And he reassure me that the plans we made for the surprise dinner will be carry out smoothly. Everything in the villa was great except the private pool sea view was block by a tree.

Next up was dinner at Pantai restaurant. Food was above average but for small eaters i would not recommend ordering the large portion of the food as the serving was pretty hugh even for a big eater like me. My plan for the birthday cake and bouquet of flowers was also delivery nicely to the surprise of my girlfriend. And we even manage to catch a glimpse of the fireworks from SIngapore's National Day rehearsal.

Day 2

Woke up for the buffet breakfast at Tadd's, Food taste was okay but would be good if more variety of food could be serve. And we do notice there there was no creamer made available on the table for our coffee and tea. After breakfast was back to the villa to enjoy the pool and Wii consoles in the villa. Lunch was a self prepare lunch with the minimum ingredient brought over from Singapore accompany by the Red wine provided by Iprefer.

When the clock strikes 3 our heart sank abit as we knew it was time to leave this wonderful resort villa. Nonetheless we proceed to the reception area by buggy to settle our outstanding bills. At the reception i was greeted by Ye Yan again whom already know me by name partially i suppose was due to the big fuss i made during check in. But her professionalism never fails her and she still greeted me with the widest smile while her colleagues were out serving us with the welcome drinks which i notice was only serve to us while the other guest had to request for the drinks. And for toy plushie lovers, the reception counter has a cute toy chicken? on sales which cost roughly abt SGD$15+++ for the smaller size and SGD$30+++ for the bigger size toy.
And this concludes our wonderful 2 days 1 night trip which made me experience the most wonderful customer service provided by selected individual of Montigo.

Lastly i would like to pay special compliment to Likie and Ye Yan for making this wonderful trip possible.

Room Tip: Avoid Villa 1 as there is a tree blocking the private pool sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
My sincere appreciation for the detailed sharing.

I apologize once again on behalf of the resort for not being able to assign a villa on your arrival. I am glad that Yeyen and Likie took care of you nevertheless. I have shared your compliments with Likie and Yeyen.

I am glad that the surprise you had planned turned out well and the both of your enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to your return in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had an amazing stay at Montigo for only one night, which is too short. What a breathtaking beautiful resort with lush tropical rainforests. Love the contemporary three-level villas, enjoyed the quality of space and comfort, the natural pleasure of peace and tranquility.

Lovely people, great service, clean rooms and superb amenities. We enjoyed every minute of it and plan to return. Definitely the best villas to stay at on the island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback

I am truly happy to know that you enjoyed our resort and the service offered by our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Free shuttle to pick us up from the ferry terminal.

Free shoulder massage, cool towels and drink while waiting for check-in.

Buggy to bring us to our villa.

Huge and nice villa with private pool. Huge living room with cooking area. Balcony beside the pool. 1 Washroom on the first floor.

Huge master bedroom with huge bathroom. Separate toilet and bathroom. Huge honeymoon bathtub big enough for 2 person.

Rooftop great for BBQ!

Service at the restaurant is bad. Only one menu provided for ten of us. No water provided while browsing menu. Must keep on requesting. We ordered ala-carte menu food and tasted ok..

2nd day we wanted to order ala-carte but was told that only buffet is available. Therefore we only ordered drinks. While waiting, we saw waiters serving ala-carte food to some other tables. We asked again, said no ala-carte again. Drinks took forever to come. Saw another table consisting of a family speaking to the staff, complaining about why the other table is allowed to order ala-carte but his family was told only buffet was available and paid the buffet price for probably 7-8 of them.
Our drinks still did not come after more than half an hour and we have to leave as its almost time for ferry transfer.

Will not visit the restaurant again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I am glad that you enjoyed our villa and your check-in experience.

I apologize for the poor service that you experienced at our restaurant. I have discussed this with our F&B and Kitchen Leadership to ensure that we improve on our service standards and consistency. We have also started training of our staff in order to ensure continous improvement.

Thank you once again and I sincerely look foward to your return.

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival you will have a very warm welcome by the staff. You will feel at home immediately. All staff are so friendly, accommodative, polite and helpful especially Gig ( the best tour guide), Yanyan ( so friendly and helpful), Hubert ( so smiley and friendly) and to Hani ( best Spa Therapist)... You will surely be fascinated with the personalized service from the management to the staff. The facilities are all from state-of-the-art and be amazed of the nature that surrounds you.You must not miss as well the Mangrove and fishing tour... You have to get the villa facing the sea, so huge and relaxing ambiance.It's the perfect place to relax, unwind and spend holiday with your family!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

I have shared your compliments with Gig, Yeyen, Hubert and Hani and they are delighted that they made a difference in your experience.

My team and i look forward to your return real soon.

Sincerely yours
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

11 of us (7 adults and 4 children) stayed in Spa Villa in July 2013.

Arrival

Our previous hotel rang through to advise the resort that we're in the hotel mini-bus on the way to the resort. We were greeted by very friendly staff, minimal admin and were transported promptly to our spa villas - 96 and 97.

Stay

Overall Villas are very nice - 3 story of brilliant accommodation with private infinity pool, cabana etc etc.

In villa Kitchen is nice with all utensils and cold soft drinks, chips etc are replenished every day - AT NO COST! . Bottled water is complimentary and there is no limit. Magnificent main bedroom and bathroom!

Pools

A selection of 4 different pool areas (+ your own infinity pool in your villa) - great!

Kids Club

Excellent kids play ground area under cover with all the computer games as well as things to do for younger kids and our kids loved it. Staff was more than happy to play with kids and keep them entertained at no cost.

Breakfast is ala carte on weekdays and there is a good variety for adults and kids.
Option of a bbq by your own chef in your villa - can be set up on the top floor or by your pool. Ours was brilliantly done with very tasty meat/fish selection - thank you.

Spa

Spa facility is fabulous as well and they have good quality of service. Every morning one can have a complimentary 5 min head and neck massage after brekky - fabulous!

Overall
- Staff is very friendly and attentive.
- Property is nice with sections still under development but that has no impact on your stay.
- Location is very comfortable to reach from Singapore.
- Your only worry is which pool and bar do I go to next!

Tip - book in Mon to Thurs as this is a quiet part of the week for them and you can almost have the whole resort to yourself.

Room Tip: Best to book in Mon to Thurs during the quiet part of the week.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
My sincere appreciation for the detailed feedback.

I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay, our villas and the services that we offer especially our spa and our in-villa BBQ.

I hope to see you back real soon for another round of relaxation and feasting!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A 45 minute ferry away, this is a quick getaway out of busy Singapore to have a nice chill-out. Do park at the Tenah Merah ferry terminal (around $20 per 24hr block) if you can since it is quite difficult to get a taxi home on your return trip.

The villas are nice and modern, all are facing the ocean. The sea views of the villa just totally blow your mind away! While it is true there are some water stains especially at the ground floor of the villa, I reckon it is unavoidable since visitors might just step out of the pool and walk into the living area, leaving the floor wet. Main strengths of the villa is the personal pool and the fantastic views out to the sea.

The staff there are all very friendly, constantly greeting and smiling whenever they see us. In the restaurant, the staff will kindly recommend the more popular food choices if we are unsure what to order. Food is ok and prices are similar to Singapore mid-range restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed our villa, the ocean view and our service. I sure that you were able to catch the gorgeous sunset!.

I hope that this will be the first of many stays to come.

Thank you once again and i look forward to your return.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!