“Nice to relax in the villa” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice to relax in the villa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Free shuttle to pick us up from the ferry terminal.

Free shoulder massage, cool towels and drink while waiting for check-in.

Buggy to bring us to our villa.

Huge and nice villa with private pool. Huge living room with cooking area. Balcony beside the pool. 1 Washroom on the first floor.

Huge master bedroom with huge bathroom. Separate toilet and bathroom. Huge honeymoon bathtub big enough for 2 person.

Rooftop great for BBQ!

Service at the restaurant is bad. Only one menu provided for ten of us. No water provided while browsing menu. Must keep on requesting. We ordered ala-carte menu food and tasted ok..

2nd day we wanted to order ala-carte but was told that only buffet is available. Therefore we only ordered drinks. While waiting, we saw waiters serving ala-carte food to some other tables. We asked again, said no ala-carte again. Drinks took forever to come. Saw another table consisting of a family speaking to the staff, complaining about why the other table is allowed to order ala-carte but his family was told only buffet was available and paid the buffet price for probably 7-8 of them.
Our drinks still did not come after more than half an hour and we have to leave as its almost time for ferry transfer.

Will not visit the restaurant again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed our villa and your check-in experience.

I apologize for the poor service that you experienced at our restaurant. I have discussed this with our F&B and Kitchen Leadership to ensure that we improve on our service standards and consistency. We have also started training of our staff in order to ensure continous improvement.

Thank you once again and I sincerely look foward to your return.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Indonesian first
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival you will have a very warm welcome by the staff. You will feel at home immediately. All staff are so friendly, accommodative, polite and helpful especially Gig ( the best tour guide), Yanyan ( so friendly and helpful), Hubert ( so smiley and friendly) and to Hani ( best Spa Therapist)... You will surely be fascinated with the personalized service from the management to the staff. The facilities are all from state-of-the-art and be amazed of the nature that surrounds you.You must not miss as well the Mangrove and fishing tour... You have to get the villa facing the sea, so huge and relaxing ambiance.It's the perfect place to relax, unwind and spend holiday with your family!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

I have shared your compliments with Gig, Yeyen, Hubert and Hani and they are delighted that they made a difference in your experience.

My team and i look forward to your return real soon.

Sincerely yours
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

11 of us (7 adults and 4 children) stayed in Spa Villa in July 2013.

Arrival

Our previous hotel rang through to advise the resort that we're in the hotel mini-bus on the way to the resort. We were greeted by very friendly staff, minimal admin and were transported promptly to our spa villas - 96 and 97.

Stay

Overall Villas are very nice - 3 story of brilliant accommodation with private infinity pool, cabana etc etc.

In villa Kitchen is nice with all utensils and cold soft drinks, chips etc are replenished every day - AT NO COST! . Bottled water is complimentary and there is no limit. Magnificent main bedroom and bathroom!

Pools

A selection of 4 different pool areas (+ your own infinity pool in your villa) - great!

Kids Club

Excellent kids play ground area under cover with all the computer games as well as things to do for younger kids and our kids loved it. Staff was more than happy to play with kids and keep them entertained at no cost.

Breakfast is ala carte on weekdays and there is a good variety for adults and kids.
Option of a bbq by your own chef in your villa - can be set up on the top floor or by your pool. Ours was brilliantly done with very tasty meat/fish selection - thank you.

Spa

Spa facility is fabulous as well and they have good quality of service. Every morning one can have a complimentary 5 min head and neck massage after brekky - fabulous!

Overall
- Staff is very friendly and attentive.
- Property is nice with sections still under development but that has no impact on your stay.
- Location is very comfortable to reach from Singapore.
- Your only worry is which pool and bar do I go to next!

Tip - book in Mon to Thurs as this is a quiet part of the week for them and you can almost have the whole resort to yourself.

Room Tip: Best to book in Mon to Thurs during the quiet part of the week.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
My sincere appreciation for the detailed feedback.

I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay, our villas and the services that we offer especially our spa and our in-villa BBQ.

I hope to see you back real soon for another round of relaxation and feasting!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A 45 minute ferry away, this is a quick getaway out of busy Singapore to have a nice chill-out. Do park at the Tenah Merah ferry terminal (around $20 per 24hr block) if you can since it is quite difficult to get a taxi home on your return trip.

The villas are nice and modern, all are facing the ocean. The sea views of the villa just totally blow your mind away! While it is true there are some water stains especially at the ground floor of the villa, I reckon it is unavoidable since visitors might just step out of the pool and walk into the living area, leaving the floor wet. Main strengths of the villa is the personal pool and the fantastic views out to the sea.

The staff there are all very friendly, constantly greeting and smiling whenever they see us. In the restaurant, the staff will kindly recommend the more popular food choices if we are unsure what to order. Food is ok and prices are similar to Singapore mid-range restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed our villa, the ocean view and our service. I sure that you were able to catch the gorgeous sunset!.

I hope that this will be the first of many stays to come.

Thank you once again and i look forward to your return.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

As an owner of one of the villas, this was my fourth trip. I have to say that the main appeal of Montigo is its close location to Singapore. It's a fast 40 mins from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to Nongsa at Batam. Montigo staff meet you at the ferry terminal and its all very easy. The beach now has sand at the resort but still needs to be finished! The resort staff try hard and generally the service is good, except for the odd bit of confusion over meal orders or checkout bills. The sunset view across to Singapore is stunning.

I prefer the beach front villas, followed by the hilltop villas. I do worry about the long term quality of the villas. The white colour scheme and white interior materials used are already dirty and cracking. It doesn't detract from the experience - it just all could be nicer to look at. The roof terrace is too hot to use during the day. The two restaurants are decent and serve tasty food, but are not up market. The spa is exceptional and recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
I wish to thank you for sharing your feedback.

My team and I have looked at the operational challenges and have started a maintenance program that will go on throughout the year to ensure that the property is maintained well especially with the tropical climate here.

I am confident that you will see the improvements over the time as you return to enjoy your villa and the services that we offer.

Thank you and hope to catch you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First off, I'd just like to say I love the B&O iPod music dock in the living room! Very high quality sound - there's hardly any time that we didn't use it when we were in the living room ~ very, very nice change from the usual Bose equipment.

We visited the property at the beginning of July for a quick weekend getaway. There were just 3 of us - me, my wife and our 8 year old son. The plan was basically to unwind and have some fun at the pool. The hotel is just a 5-minute drive from the Nongsapura ferry terminal, which makes it a very convenient hop from Singapore. We booked a sea-facing villa.

The first thing you notice about the villa is that it is huge! For just the three of us, the place seems excessive. The ground floor is the living area and a kitchen. The second floor are the 2 bedrooms with ensuite toilets and the top floor would be the open rooftop terrace. You could have a party for 20 people in the living room - with room to spare! The private pool spans the width of the house - it's not huge and it's more for soaking than anything else - I was personally a little disappointed with the size of the pool. The villas are built side-by-side with each other in such a way that 3 villas make up one unit block (think terrace houses!).

I'm not sure how strict the hotel controls the number of people sharing each villa but we do see big groups of friends (largely young adults, maybe even school-going) or big families at the breakfast buffet. As the room rates are not cheap, we're conjecturing they could just be squeezing into one villa as each villa is so huge. I have nothing against that if indeed that is what's happening, except that we were indeed staying beside such a big group and they had a party going till late in the night. As the villas are side-by-side to each other, we were able to hear music (muffled) till early in the morning - it wasn't that loud for us to call the hotel people but was irritating at times. My advice is to get a villa beside an empty one if you're able to.

The rooms are bright and spacious (cavernous!); we liked the free mini-bar. Service wasn't as bad as what I've feared after reading some comments in this forum; buggy arrived pretty fast, helpful and polite staff, extra towels were delivered in a reasonably short time. Breakfast buffet was nothing to shout about but service was adequate. We dined at Pantai one evening; food was okay and prices were marginally cheaper than Singapore restaurant prices. Oh yeah, our bath-tub also had a bad stain running across it - obviously, we didn't use it. Some parts of the room (the doors?) looks aged even though the hotel is very new (2 years old?) which I find strange.

One thing that we really enjoyed was the main pool - there weren't too many people here as I believe most people use the pool in their own villas. The pool here is big and deeper and the view here is beautiful as well. Would we go back to Montigo? Not likely - especially not at current prices. Another strange thing is that the hotel charged us more than the room price on our credit card (the additional was for a deposit) and said they will refund the balance if that was not used. Yes, thank you but I'll suffer on my FX conversion rates!! - why can't Montigo do what other hotels do and simply cancel or tear off the credit card charge on the portion that is not used?

Room Tip: We stayed in a sea-facing villa (Villa 76), however there is a huge tree infront of our villa thus p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad that you found our villa spacious. Yes, we do have families coming to our resort and taking up several villas (usually side by side) to stay but during the day, they conjure in one villa before retiring to their respective villa to sleep. We are legally bound by the local fire regulations to only allow up to a maximum of 5 adults per villa which we strive to enforce.

I have also taken note of the stain which I have directed my Housekeeping to check to ensure that this does not recur.

Finally, I am in dialogue with the local banks to find a way around the issue that you had raised on the deposit. I hope to be able to find a solution soon so that this matter is also put to rest at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you once again and I really hope that you will return to stay with us again.

Sincerely yours
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went Montigo during the soft launch with my boyfriend and another couple. The price of the villa shared between four people was reasonable. The bedrooms are big.

I love the private pool and dining area. Felt really relaxed sipping whiskey the entire day and dipping in the pool.

Service staff were attentive. Quick response time as we kept calling reception for refill of ice bucket and towels.

Breakfast warrants special mention. Not really a breakfast person but glad to have crawled out of bed for the breakfast. Spread was decent. The scrambled eggs (cooked on the spot) were Yummy. Not a big fan of carbo but couldn't resist second helping of mee goreng. Service of staff was good and attentive. Constantly asked if I wanted refill of coffee.

Overall, if anyone were to ask me if I would return to Montigo, answer would be a a resounding yes with alacrity!

• Stayed June 2013
I am truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the special mention of our breakfast and service.

I look forward to your return for another relaxing holiday with us.

Thank you once again.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!