“It's really a 3.7 or 3.8” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Save Saved
You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“It's really a 3.7 or 3.8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First off, I'd just like to say I love the B&O iPod music dock in the living room! Very high quality sound - there's hardly any time that we didn't use it when we were in the living room ~ very, very nice change from the usual Bose equipment.

We visited the property at the beginning of July for a quick weekend getaway. There were just 3 of us - me, my wife and our 8 year old son. The plan was basically to unwind and have some fun at the pool. The hotel is just a 5-minute drive from the Nongsapura ferry terminal, which makes it a very convenient hop from Singapore. We booked a sea-facing villa.

The first thing you notice about the villa is that it is huge! For just the three of us, the place seems excessive. The ground floor is the living area and a kitchen. The second floor are the 2 bedrooms with ensuite toilets and the top floor would be the open rooftop terrace. You could have a party for 20 people in the living room - with room to spare! The private pool spans the width of the house - it's not huge and it's more for soaking than anything else - I was personally a little disappointed with the size of the pool. The villas are built side-by-side with each other in such a way that 3 villas make up one unit block (think terrace houses!).

I'm not sure how strict the hotel controls the number of people sharing each villa but we do see big groups of friends (largely young adults, maybe even school-going) or big families at the breakfast buffet. As the room rates are not cheap, we're conjecturing they could just be squeezing into one villa as each villa is so huge. I have nothing against that if indeed that is what's happening, except that we were indeed staying beside such a big group and they had a party going till late in the night. As the villas are side-by-side to each other, we were able to hear music (muffled) till early in the morning - it wasn't that loud for us to call the hotel people but was irritating at times. My advice is to get a villa beside an empty one if you're able to.

The rooms are bright and spacious (cavernous!); we liked the free mini-bar. Service wasn't as bad as what I've feared after reading some comments in this forum; buggy arrived pretty fast, helpful and polite staff, extra towels were delivered in a reasonably short time. Breakfast buffet was nothing to shout about but service was adequate. We dined at Pantai one evening; food was okay and prices were marginally cheaper than Singapore restaurant prices. Oh yeah, our bath-tub also had a bad stain running across it - obviously, we didn't use it. Some parts of the room (the doors?) looks aged even though the hotel is very new (2 years old?) which I find strange.

One thing that we really enjoyed was the main pool - there weren't too many people here as I believe most people use the pool in their own villas. The pool here is big and deeper and the view here is beautiful as well. Would we go back to Montigo? Not likely - especially not at current prices. Another strange thing is that the hotel charged us more than the room price on our credit card (the additional was for a deposit) and said they will refund the balance if that was not used. Yes, thank you but I'll suffer on my FX conversion rates!! - why can't Montigo do what other hotels do and simply cancel or tear off the credit card charge on the portion that is not used?

Room Tip: We stayed in a sea-facing villa (Villa 76), however there is a huge tree infront of our villa thus p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad that you found our villa spacious. Yes, we do have families coming to our resort and taking up several villas (usually side by side) to stay but during the day, they conjure in one villa before retiring to their respective villa to sleep. We are legally bound by the local fire regulations to only allow up to a maximum of 5 adults per villa which we strive to enforce.

I have also taken note of the stain which I have directed my Housekeeping to check to ensure that this does not recur.

Finally, I am in dialogue with the local banks to find a way around the issue that you had raised on the deposit. I hope to be able to find a solution soon so that this matter is also put to rest at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you once again and I really hope that you will return to stay with us again.

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went Montigo during the soft launch with my boyfriend and another couple. The price of the villa shared between four people was reasonable. The bedrooms are big.

I love the private pool and dining area. Felt really relaxed sipping whiskey the entire day and dipping in the pool.

Service staff were attentive. Quick response time as we kept calling reception for refill of ice bucket and towels.

Breakfast warrants special mention. Not really a breakfast person but glad to have crawled out of bed for the breakfast. Spread was decent. The scrambled eggs (cooked on the spot) were Yummy. Not a big fan of carbo but couldn't resist second helping of mee goreng. Service of staff was good and attentive. Constantly asked if I wanted refill of coffee.

Overall, if anyone were to ask me if I would return to Montigo, answer would be a a resounding yes with alacrity!

• Stayed June 2013
I am truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the special mention of our breakfast and service.

I look forward to your return for another relaxing holiday with us.

Thank you once again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked one villa for 2pax, but we arrived with 9 pax. at the check-in counter, we tried to get another villa cause according to their "rule", one villa can only occupy 5 pax. Then, my colleagues suggeted that they just stay with us for awhile then they will move to another hotel in the middle of the night.But,the reception told us, if they do not see any guest walked out fm the villa, charges will be implied, and the visitng hours is only until 8PM.So no choice, we have to book another villa and guess what, we have to pay SGD700++ for another villa (last villa according to them), but we saw a lot of vacant villas, we just felt that we are being cheated.

In the villa, the floor is dirty with hairs around. The bathtub is so yellowish, i doubt anyone will use that. the roof-top, a lot of mosquitos. plus point for us is just the private pool.

The BBQ dinner is lousy, the fish was not fresh, chicken wings were not nicely done. For breakfast, the choice is limited.

With the money that we paid in this montigo, we can rent 3 hotel rooms in Marina Bay sands, why should we return again?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a two villas for 6 adults and 5 children to Montigo Resorts on the 16 Jun 2013 for a two nights three days stay. We were quite happy with the environment of the resort when we arrived. Upon checking in, the reception recommended us to try the BBQ for the night which cost S$50.00 +++ person with a minimum order of 4 persons.
We took up the suggestion. However, we were very disappointed with the BBQ as it was done at the roof top with no proper lightings and the food for the BBQ was not fantastic, regret trying.
With the amount of money paid, I think we can get better quality and quantity.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the dissappointment on our in-villa BBQ. I have reviewed the entire set up and process with our Executive Chef with a view on improvement.

I seek your indulgence on this occassion and I hope to see you back real soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The villa is awesome with spacious master bedroom and living room, especially the washroom attached to master bedroom, amazing design which gave me a very enjoyable and comfortable time taking my bath. Staff are very friendly,smiling at every one passes by; room services are efficient; cable car service is really good to help us get around the resort; there are also iPhone speakers which surprised me.

On the flip side, room is clean but i found a bug on the bed sheet which worried me initially, but no itchiness after my 2 day stay, so it was still okay. Private Pool water is not as clean as public pool probably due to the way it refresh the water; and you have to wait for 1-2 hours for shower after you swim in the pool because the water system is connected! So while they are refilling the pool, there is no water for shower. This frustrated me! Food and beverage is pricy and boring, unless you really enjoy indo food.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Whilst you had enjoyed our services and villa, I have also noted the flip side. I have shared your comments with our operational leaders with a view in improving the water issue that you had highlighted and our food pricing and selection.

We are continously striving to improve our service and standards by listening to the feedback of valuable guests like yourself.

I look forward to your return in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed in Spa Villa, we had toddler and infant.

Arrival

There was person with name card as communicated, Express clearance was really express. Resort is 5 mins drive away.

Stay

Overall Villa are nice , however some villas does not have any view and obstructed by construction. We complaint about the villa due to view , however response was prompt and they offer us different villa next day as resort was full the day when arrive.

In villa Kitchen is nice with all utensils and cold drinks are replenished every day. sunset is nice from resort. some water bottles are complimentary but on asking they gave us more bottle free of charge

Kids Club

they have very nice kids play ground area and our kids loved it. This is really good.

not much choices for vegetarian food. Breakfast is spread on weekends and ala carte on weekdays.

Spa

Spa facility is fabulous as well and they have good quality of service.

Overall
- Staff is friendly and try to listen and act on complaints.
- Property is nice, still under development but still good.
- Location is very comfortable to reach from Singapore.
- Nothing much to do in Resorts good for relaxing.
- Villa and all furnishings are new and good

Room Tip: avoid villa numbered 107, 106 they dont have good view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am glad that my staff were able to assist in ensuring that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken note of the issues with vegetarian food and have discussed this with our Executive Chef so that we can expand on our current choices.

We truly value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very nice and beautiful resorts! Relax and enjoying.. Nice rooms in the villa and comfortable.
Food is good, price is affordable.
Buggy service is very slow. They should improve in this service. Was called to reception for the check-out and send the buggy, buggy arrived about 30 mins later and we need to call about 2 - 3 times.
Saw a guy looks like higher management was shouting to his staff while guest were there, feels like not very professional. Anything happen should be settle internally in the office. It is not a good image for guest to see tho..
Well, overall is a good stay.. As we really enjoyed the private pool in the villa and the big space of villa as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed buggy service which I will strive to improve. I have also noted the behaviour of one of the staff and will investigate this as it is an unacceptable behaviour. Rest assured that such outbursts is not tolerated or encouraged by me.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope to see your soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!