“Nice getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Nice getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went Montigo during the soft launch with my boyfriend and another couple. The price of the villa shared between four people was reasonable. The bedrooms are big.

I love the private pool and dining area. Felt really relaxed sipping whiskey the entire day and dipping in the pool.

Service staff were attentive. Quick response time as we kept calling reception for refill of ice bucket and towels.

Breakfast warrants special mention. Not really a breakfast person but glad to have crawled out of bed for the breakfast. Spread was decent. The scrambled eggs (cooked on the spot) were Yummy. Not a big fan of carbo but couldn't resist second helping of mee goreng. Service of staff was good and attentive. Constantly asked if I wanted refill of coffee.

Overall, if anyone were to ask me if I would return to Montigo, answer would be a a resounding yes with alacrity!

• Stayed June 2013
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the special mention of our breakfast and service.

I look forward to your return for another relaxing holiday with us.

Thank you once again.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked one villa for 2pax, but we arrived with 9 pax. at the check-in counter, we tried to get another villa cause according to their "rule", one villa can only occupy 5 pax. Then, my colleagues suggeted that they just stay with us for awhile then they will move to another hotel in the middle of the night.But,the reception told us, if they do not see any guest walked out fm the villa, charges will be implied, and the visitng hours is only until 8PM.So no choice, we have to book another villa and guess what, we have to pay SGD700++ for another villa (last villa according to them), but we saw a lot of vacant villas, we just felt that we are being cheated.

In the villa, the floor is dirty with hairs around. The bathtub is so yellowish, i doubt anyone will use that. the roof-top, a lot of mosquitos. plus point for us is just the private pool.

The BBQ dinner is lousy, the fish was not fresh, chicken wings were not nicely done. For breakfast, the choice is limited.

With the money that we paid in this montigo, we can rent 3 hotel rooms in Marina Bay sands, why should we return again?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a two villas for 6 adults and 5 children to Montigo Resorts on the 16 Jun 2013 for a two nights three days stay. We were quite happy with the environment of the resort when we arrived. Upon checking in, the reception recommended us to try the BBQ for the night which cost S$50.00 +++ person with a minimum order of 4 persons.
We took up the suggestion. However, we were very disappointed with the BBQ as it was done at the roof top with no proper lightings and the food for the BBQ was not fantastic, regret trying.
With the amount of money paid, I think we can get better quality and quantity.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the dissappointment on our in-villa BBQ. I have reviewed the entire set up and process with our Executive Chef with a view on improvement.

I seek your indulgence on this occassion and I hope to see you back real soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The villa is awesome with spacious master bedroom and living room, especially the washroom attached to master bedroom, amazing design which gave me a very enjoyable and comfortable time taking my bath. Staff are very friendly,smiling at every one passes by; room services are efficient; cable car service is really good to help us get around the resort; there are also iPhone speakers which surprised me.

On the flip side, room is clean but i found a bug on the bed sheet which worried me initially, but no itchiness after my 2 day stay, so it was still okay. Private Pool water is not as clean as public pool probably due to the way it refresh the water; and you have to wait for 1-2 hours for shower after you swim in the pool because the water system is connected! So while they are refilling the pool, there is no water for shower. This frustrated me! Food and beverage is pricy and boring, unless you really enjoy indo food.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Whilst you had enjoyed our services and villa, I have also noted the flip side. I have shared your comments with our operational leaders with a view in improving the water issue that you had highlighted and our food pricing and selection.

We are continously striving to improve our service and standards by listening to the feedback of valuable guests like yourself.

I look forward to your return in the near future.

Sincerely yours
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed in Spa Villa, we had toddler and infant.

Arrival

There was person with name card as communicated, Express clearance was really express. Resort is 5 mins drive away.

Stay

Overall Villa are nice , however some villas does not have any view and obstructed by construction. We complaint about the villa due to view , however response was prompt and they offer us different villa next day as resort was full the day when arrive.

In villa Kitchen is nice with all utensils and cold drinks are replenished every day. sunset is nice from resort. some water bottles are complimentary but on asking they gave us more bottle free of charge

Kids Club

they have very nice kids play ground area and our kids loved it. This is really good.

not much choices for vegetarian food. Breakfast is spread on weekends and ala carte on weekdays.

Spa

Spa facility is fabulous as well and they have good quality of service.

Overall
- Staff is friendly and try to listen and act on complaints.
- Property is nice, still under development but still good.
- Location is very comfortable to reach from Singapore.
- Nothing much to do in Resorts good for relaxing.
- Villa and all furnishings are new and good

Room Tip: avoid villa numbered 107, 106 they dont have good view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am glad that my staff were able to assist in ensuring that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken note of the issues with vegetarian food and have discussed this with our Executive Chef so that we can expand on our current choices.

We truly value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very nice and beautiful resorts! Relax and enjoying.. Nice rooms in the villa and comfortable.
Food is good, price is affordable.
Buggy service is very slow. They should improve in this service. Was called to reception for the check-out and send the buggy, buggy arrived about 30 mins later and we need to call about 2 - 3 times.
Saw a guy looks like higher management was shouting to his staff while guest were there, feels like not very professional. Anything happen should be settle internally in the office. It is not a good image for guest to see tho..
Well, overall is a good stay.. As we really enjoyed the private pool in the villa and the big space of villa as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed buggy service which I will strive to improve. I have also noted the behaviour of one of the staff and will investigate this as it is an unacceptable behaviour. Rest assured that such outbursts is not tolerated or encouraged by me.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope to see your soon.

Sincerely yours
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

One word to describe my experience on my 2 days 1 night trip at Montigo Resort – AWESOME!!!
Totally enjoyed ourselves! It felt like home! Felt like buying a unit for my own. Or even design my flat similar to it.
The resort was so good for relieving all off your stress at work. A good place to chill and relax with family and friends.

Went to Montigo resort over the weekends (22 to 23 June) with my husband and 3 other friends. We stayed in spa villa.

Excellent Points I wish to highlight:

Only have to drop an email to the reservation team on the timing that we will be arriving and they will arrange for free transfer to and fro from Nongsapura Ferry Terminal. The driver was there prior to our arrival.

Once we reached the resort, was warmly welcomed by the staffs. Refreshing lemongrass towel was given. Not quite sure what drink was that, but it tasted refreshing too. It looks like teh-o but it’s not. And lastly, it made me felt like I am taking part in amazing race because they welcome you with the “gong” sound. Yes, a race for us to explore the place.

Free shuttle service to and fro to Nagoya Hill Mall.

Villa super huge! Generally looks clean. Was practically running and screaming around the villa with my friends. Like “WOW” and “COOL” here and there.

Pool by the living room is cool! We watched movies while soaking in it. That's life!

There is a small hut connecting from the pool. I have to say, nice view of the open sea! Nothing is blocking this magnificent view.

Kitchenwares were provided in the villa. We made used of the pots and such to cook the Maggie noodles.

The bed!!!
To me, rest is the crucial part. Most of the hours we spent are on bed.
There are times when I woke up from my sleep, I will suffer from stiff neck and aching body. But over here, no.
When I lay on the bed, it was so comfy, soft and fluffy.
It felt wonderful and I fell asleep fast.
There is this extra cotton padding above the thick mattress. This padding is superb nice!!! I even told my husband that I want this for our future nest.
If possible, I would want to bring this back with me.

It was more than enough bathroom to use. The master bathroom was so luxury huge!

The services from the staff are remarkable. For the 2 days that I was there, the front desk officer actually remembered my name. It felt like my presence is valued and warmly welcome.

Breakfast is a must have. We had the breakfast buffet at around 9am (Batam) time.
Plenty of food choices.
The collecting of used plates and cutleries are fast.

There are some areas where the resort can improve:

The waiting time for buggy is a little longer than expected as it depends on the number of occupancy.

Not sure what activities or place in the resort or nearby area that we can do as not much information was provided.

Would be good if the staffs can chat with the guests and keep them aware of what the resort is offering on their products.

Overall, my personal experience is superbly good! All the goodness had covered the weakness of it.

Another point I would like to highlight and add on, there isn’t any insects or bed bugs flying or crawling around the villa. Totally not that bad as what the others had commented about. It is a resort embracing the Mother Nature.

Would go there again!

Wait for us, Montigo Resort =)

Room Tip: If views is not a must for you, any villa is good. What matter most when you are traveling is the co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I am very happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were able to make it a good one.

I am also glad that you enjoyed our villa, pool and our bedding! Thank you very much for the points for improvement which I am working on improving especially the buggy service.

My team and I are equally as excite to welcome you back "home". See you soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!