“Nice spacious Villa and quiet place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Save Saved
You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Nongsa
Singapore
“Nice spacious Villa and quiet place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed in Spa Villa, we had toddler and infant.

Arrival

There was person with name card as communicated, Express clearance was really express. Resort is 5 mins drive away.

Stay

Overall Villa are nice , however some villas does not have any view and obstructed by construction. We complaint about the villa due to view , however response was prompt and they offer us different villa next day as resort was full the day when arrive.

In villa Kitchen is nice with all utensils and cold drinks are replenished every day. sunset is nice from resort. some water bottles are complimentary but on asking they gave us more bottle free of charge

Kids Club

they have very nice kids play ground area and our kids loved it. This is really good.

not much choices for vegetarian food. Breakfast is spread on weekends and ala carte on weekdays.

Spa

Spa facility is fabulous as well and they have good quality of service.

Overall
- Staff is friendly and try to listen and act on complaints.
- Property is nice, still under development but still good.
- Location is very comfortable to reach from Singapore.
- Nothing much to do in Resorts good for relaxing.
- Villa and all furnishings are new and good

Room Tip: avoid villa numbered 107, 106 they dont have good view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am glad that my staff were able to assist in ensuring that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken note of the issues with vegetarian food and have discussed this with our Executive Chef so that we can expand on our current choices.

We truly value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very nice and beautiful resorts! Relax and enjoying.. Nice rooms in the villa and comfortable.
Food is good, price is affordable.
Buggy service is very slow. They should improve in this service. Was called to reception for the check-out and send the buggy, buggy arrived about 30 mins later and we need to call about 2 - 3 times.
Saw a guy looks like higher management was shouting to his staff while guest were there, feels like not very professional. Anything happen should be settle internally in the office. It is not a good image for guest to see tho..
Well, overall is a good stay.. As we really enjoyed the private pool in the villa and the big space of villa as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed buggy service which I will strive to improve. I have also noted the behaviour of one of the staff and will investigate this as it is an unacceptable behaviour. Rest assured that such outbursts is not tolerated or encouraged by me.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope to see your soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

One word to describe my experience on my 2 days 1 night trip at Montigo Resort – AWESOME!!!
Totally enjoyed ourselves! It felt like home! Felt like buying a unit for my own. Or even design my flat similar to it.
The resort was so good for relieving all off your stress at work. A good place to chill and relax with family and friends.

Went to Montigo resort over the weekends (22 to 23 June) with my husband and 3 other friends. We stayed in spa villa.

Excellent Points I wish to highlight:

Only have to drop an email to the reservation team on the timing that we will be arriving and they will arrange for free transfer to and fro from Nongsapura Ferry Terminal. The driver was there prior to our arrival.

Once we reached the resort, was warmly welcomed by the staffs. Refreshing lemongrass towel was given. Not quite sure what drink was that, but it tasted refreshing too. It looks like teh-o but it’s not. And lastly, it made me felt like I am taking part in amazing race because they welcome you with the “gong” sound. Yes, a race for us to explore the place.

Free shuttle service to and fro to Nagoya Hill Mall.

Villa super huge! Generally looks clean. Was practically running and screaming around the villa with my friends. Like “WOW” and “COOL” here and there.

Pool by the living room is cool! We watched movies while soaking in it. That's life!

There is a small hut connecting from the pool. I have to say, nice view of the open sea! Nothing is blocking this magnificent view.

Kitchenwares were provided in the villa. We made used of the pots and such to cook the Maggie noodles.

The bed!!!
To me, rest is the crucial part. Most of the hours we spent are on bed.
There are times when I woke up from my sleep, I will suffer from stiff neck and aching body. But over here, no.
When I lay on the bed, it was so comfy, soft and fluffy.
It felt wonderful and I fell asleep fast.
There is this extra cotton padding above the thick mattress. This padding is superb nice!!! I even told my husband that I want this for our future nest.
If possible, I would want to bring this back with me.

It was more than enough bathroom to use. The master bathroom was so luxury huge!

The services from the staff are remarkable. For the 2 days that I was there, the front desk officer actually remembered my name. It felt like my presence is valued and warmly welcome.

Breakfast is a must have. We had the breakfast buffet at around 9am (Batam) time.
Plenty of food choices.
The collecting of used plates and cutleries are fast.

There are some areas where the resort can improve:

The waiting time for buggy is a little longer than expected as it depends on the number of occupancy.

Not sure what activities or place in the resort or nearby area that we can do as not much information was provided.

Would be good if the staffs can chat with the guests and keep them aware of what the resort is offering on their products.

Overall, my personal experience is superbly good! All the goodness had covered the weakness of it.

Another point I would like to highlight and add on, there isn’t any insects or bed bugs flying or crawling around the villa. Totally not that bad as what the others had commented about. It is a resort embracing the Mother Nature.

Would go there again!

Wait for us, Montigo Resort =)

Room Tip: If views is not a must for you, any villa is good. What matter most when you are traveling is the co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I am very happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were able to make it a good one.

I am also glad that you enjoyed our villa, pool and our bedding! Thank you very much for the points for improvement which I am working on improving especially the buggy service.

My team and I are equally as excite to welcome you back "home". See you soon.

Sincerely

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

5 Pax, 1 Spa Villa, 2D1N

This whole trip is awesome! It's a very beautiful place. All of us doesn't feel like going back, because it's very comfortable and relaxing. Their service is wonderful and never fails to greet you with a smile!

Break down of the stay:
Boarded 9am(SG Timing) ferry at TMFT. Ferry ride takes about 45mins. Upon reaching Nongsapura ferry terminal, free transfer service provided by Montigo is already waiting for us. Transfer is about 5mins to the resort.

Upon arrival, 9am(Batam timing), we were greeted by their friendly staff. Cold towel and drinks were provided to refresh ourselves. Truly refreshing! While waiting for the shuttle service to Nagoya Mall, we check-in to the resort and deposited our luggage.

Montigo provides free shuttle service from Montigo to Nagoya Hill Mall. The bus will leave at 10am and pickup at 4pm from the mall.
Things to take note about the shuttle service: There's only 1 timing available for the shuttle service. It's a must to register yourself with the reception if you would like to take the shuttle service. So that they could cater enough seats for all passenger. Bus ride to the mall is about 45-50mins, vise versa.

After shopping at the mall, we took the shuttle service and reached the resort around 4:50PM. Excited to see how the villa would be, we collected our keys & luggages, hopped onto the buggy, and here we go to our villa!

Opening the door, we was like WOW~~...

The villa consist of 3 levels.
Level 1 Living Room, have a huge living space. Fully equiped with TV and Nintendo Wii, great for kids. Fully air-conditioned with ceiling fan. Build in with a small kitchenette area, equiped with sink, induction stove, pots, bowls & plates, utensils, cups & glasses & fridge. Complimentary tibits drinks provided! Mineral water & soft drinks. Everyone can enjoy themselves dipping in the private pool(1.2M). You can also relax and enjoy the breeze and view at a small attached spa hut.The seaview and sunset is breath-taking. After dipping in the pool, wash up youself in the toilet with shower at level 1 before heading up to your rooms.

Level 2 Master Bedroom, the room is very comfortable and truly makes you feel like home. Bath room is huge, equiped with seperate shower & bathtub. It also have a see-thru ceiling! And a really comfy King size bed!

Level 2 Common Bedroom, it's smaller then the master bedroom, with twin bed and has it's own toilet with shower.

Level 3 Open space rooftop terrace, a space great for holding party and BBQ. Not forgetting the splendid view that you'll get.

The villa incorporate with a open-concept idea. Thus, the corridor/staircase is not fully enclosed, so you may experience insects in your villa, which some people encountered. But we didn't encounter any insects problem during our stay. Not sure if it's because of the haze which drives those insects away. You may want to keep the electronic blinds down to prevent any insects.

Another plus points would be their breakfast! Have to try! They have a great variety of food which starts from 7AM to 10AM.

We are looking forward to our next visit with more friends & longer stay!!

Thanks Montigo!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
It is truly refreshing to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your detailed feedback has been shared with my team and they are happy that they were able to make your stay a delightful one.

We look forward to your return to our resort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The place is beautiful but service was lacking. We asked for Shampoo as it was not included in the bathroom. we called the service helpdesk and asked for it but they told us every villa can only get a set so we told them we do not have the shampoo. they said will send someone over but no one came eventually.
A bit inconvenient as we had to travel in buggy and at times we have to make 2-3 calls before Buggy arrives.
The recognition manager had superior service and I sincerely thank her for helping out
Otherwise, the resort is nice but price is a little steep as compared to other 5* resorts that i have been to. There are not much activities down there. Will visit it in a few years when everything is open. Hopefully, they will maintain the place as we saw some cracks and stains in the bathroom. We checked in on the 22nd of June 2013.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor communication of our staff on the shampoo request. I have discussed this in detail with our Executive Housekeeper and we will ensure that proper training is provided.

I am also working with my team to improve the buggy service in our resorts especially during weekends for which I apologize as well.

I look forward to your return to our resort real soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family of 6 paid S$1480 (all in) for a 2 night stay at the hillside. It is the same villa as if 2 persons had booked it. The villa has 2 bedrooms -- 1 double bed; 2 twin and 3 sofa beds. No extra bedding were given. The extra cost went to breakfast and probably extra towels. Free flow soft drinks were a nice touch.

The resort itself is nice. It reminds me of the chalets in Changi/Pasir Ris that Singaporeans are so fond of. Except that it is way more luxurious. The view would have been spectacular if not for the haze - we were there 17-19June, the beginnning of the hazy period. Even then, it was beautiful.

Service was attentive, no complaints there. Kudos to the training manager for a good job.

Final bill presented was in Rp calcuated at conversion rate of 7800. its a poor rate. in addition, credit card would re-calculate to S$ at another rate. on hindsight, should have insisted on bill to be presented in S$. But the check out took some time and we needed to leave.

Room Tip: all rooms are identical. price difference is for the slice of seaview.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Though staying during the hazy period, I am happy that you were able to see the beauty of our humble resort and I am also happy that my team was able to make your stay a memorable one.

I have taken note of the billing issue and I will with our Finance Team to sort this out for a suitable solution at the earliest.

Thank you and hope to see you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Montigo twice. Once in April 2013 with a group of girlfriends and another time in May 2013 with my work folks.

I can only say 'wow' when I first entered the resort, it didn't feel or look like Batam at all.

The white-washed walls, the plunge pool, the furnishings and the high quality of the amenities. All the bar soap, shampoo and shower gel smells so good and the bed is very comfortable. The Villa is huge with 3 storeys, 2 bedrooms & 3 toilets with shower facilities. There's microwave & game console provided. Breakfast is adequate.

Me & my girlfriends visit Batam at least once a year and we used to stay in either I-Hotel or Harris. After this visit to Montigo, we are likely to stay in Montigo for our annual visit from now on.

Given it's proximity to Singapore, it is an excellent choice for an escape from the city and urban landscapes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your return and I am happy that my team was able to create a "WOW" experience for you once again.

I am also very happy that we are now your choice destination for your annual "getaway". I look forward to continously ensuring that you are "WOWed".

I hope to be able to meet you on your next visit.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!