“Can be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Save Saved
You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore
“Can be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Husband and myself check in on Sunday and check out on Monday. Building seems impressive especially with swimming pool in each resort. Like the bed and the tub. It is really spacious. The buggy team are very efficient. However, probably most visitor check out on Sunday, kitchen seem to be under catered. On our first day, I ask for extra chilly belacan which was served along with my husband food. The waitress told me that it was the last serving. The following day during lunch, I ask for butter to go along with bread they served. Again the waitress told me it was kept in the storeroom and it is too far to bring it back to the restaurant. Not sure if I will go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this unacceptable experience. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef and our F&B leadership to ensure that there is no repetition of such incidences.
Rest assured that this is not our usual standards and the staff have been educated to ensure no repetition of such issues.

I do hope that you indulge us this occassion and return to our resort real soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I went to this resort to stay together with another 5 of my friends for 2D1N. The scenery and the staffs are wonderful. The resort is indeed dirty. Stains can be found on the bath tube, floor and there is lizard, ants and cockroach. However, we understand resort is more to nature so there bound to be insects. The nightmare come the next day when we left the resort. We found lots of red dots on our body. I was sleeping on the sofa bed and I was bitten the worst. My friends that were sleeping on the master bedroom bed was also been bitten. i confirm is bed bugs as i went to seek medical treatment. My both legs, my back of my body was badly bitten. Doctor say need a week to recover. My friends wound even have blister. I really hope that they can maintain their cleaniness. The resort is beautiful but is a nightmare after sleeping there.

• Stayed May 2013
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I have read with great concern on your experience and would like to get in touch with you to obtain more details so that I can conduct a thorough check in this matter.

Would you be kind to get in touch with me at your convenience through our contact number +627787768888.

Please accept my apologies for your negative experience and I look forward to speaking with you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Next month will be my 3rd time staying in Montigo within 6 mths period.
I hope the check-in time can be improved on my coming visit.

I was very impressed when I was greeted by the bell boy, Yani at the custom.
He remembered me when I went in Mar this year.

I love the food and the villa. My boy missed this place so much and that is also the reason why I am going again next month.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for being our regulat guest.

I have shared your feedback with our Front Office leadership and rest assured that we will do our level best to improve on our check-in process especially during high occupancy situations.

Thank you for your kind feedback and looking forward to your return.

Best Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

On Boxing Day, Dec 2012, I returned home from Montigo Resorts, Batam, infuriated by a series of horrendous experiences I received while I was holidaying at the resorts. I sat down and wrote one of the worst review I had ever written on my blog and on tripadvisor, titled “When terrible is an understatement”.

Soon after my review was published, I received emails and phone calls from the management of Montigo Resorts. Apologies were made and they had extended an invitation to have me and my family back for a 2D/1N complimentary stay. Seeing that Montigo Resorts was sincere to make amends and had valued me as a guest, I told them I will be back, however I wasn’t ready to return so soon. As I felt it would only be fair if I gave myself time to calibrate, so that when I revisit Montigo Resorts, I would be able to enjoy my stay without prejudice.

Close to half a year went by, and I was able to put the past behind and give Montigo Resorts a second chance to impress me and my family. This time, I chose to return on weekdays, believing that with lower occupancy, there would be no excuses for their service to be compromised.

And I must say, they went out of their ways to accommodate my requests. I had travelled in from Batam Centre Ferry Terminal instead of Nongsa, where the resorts’ land transfer is provided. Montigo Resorts made special arrangement for my family to have land transfer for Batam Centre at no extra cost.

When we arrived, I was rather taken back to see the GM of Montigo Resorts, Mr. Aloysius Michael, himself, making a point to welcome us. Gosh! It made me felt like a rock star!

They had arranged for us to be put up at one of their finest villa, The Spa Villa, where the villa has an extension to a little cabana with fantastic view of the sea-front and the resorts’ spa. The cabana was one of the best places in the villa to chill and unwind. My husband and I spent some quiet time, lounging on the bean bags and listening to the sounds of the night when our children had turned in.

I was very impressed by the little details they put in to delight us – we were given complimentary wine, fruit baskets, cakes and cookies, and even two stuffed toys for my young children. There was also a hand-written welcome card by the GM.

The services that we experienced during our stay this time was phenomenal. Everything was prompt and on time. I called up and asked for a kitchen knife to cut a pineapple I’d brought, I was told they were unable to provide me with a knife, due to some policy. However, they quickly offered to send someone to pick up my pineapple to have it cut up at their kitchen instead. Wow! That was an excellent initiative!

Everywhere that we went, when we mentioned our villa unit (we stayed at #100), we were treated with extra care and the staff seemed to know the profile of us very well. While we were at the ‘unofficially opened’ Kid’s Club, a staff (we never met him before) came along to play with my son and he asked about my daughter (she was playing at the main pool with my helper and husband). Hmm… he must had already ‘done his homework well’. And the same staff drove us back to our villa, knowing exactly which villa we were staying. I suspect, there might even be a picture of me pinned up on their staff notice board, marked “notoriously difficult guest, handle with care!”

Even though, I was disappointed with my last stay, I had enjoyed the spa, so my husband and I took some moments to visit the spa again. To accommodate our trip to the spa, the resort extended our check-out to 3pm, instead of the usual 12pm. We were given the sea-facing hut at the spa, where the sounds of the waves and the birds chirping were so sensual and soothing. The 90-mins session was simply beyond relaxing, it was euphoric!

If my last trip at Montigo Resorts was hell, this trip must be heaven! Everything was near to perfection! Yes. It did feel staged, but at least, they had proven to me that they are capable of providing top-notched services if they want to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for returning and allowing us to show you the truly hospitality of our staff.

I hope that this will be beginning of many more trips to come and I look forward to welcoming you back for another occassion to rest and unwind at our resort.

Thank you once again and looking forward to seeing your family and you real soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Gorgeous white-washed villas for a luxurious out-of-this-world getaway experience in Batam. Montigo Resorts truly does well at changing the landscape of Batam. The villas are beautiful and extremely modern. Interesting furniture, indulgent services (such as optional BBQ under the Stars in your own Villa Rooftop Patio) and a to-die-for private pool.

Got the villa at a good price and was able to enjoy an extremely luxurious weekend at great value for money.

The only downside was that food was incredibly expensive (even more so than in Singapore hotels) and the only restaurant open TAAD'S was inflexible. Breakfast was alright but could be better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I am delighted that you were able to enjoy a good break with us.

I wish to thank you for your kind comments on our villa and our services.

On the same note, I have noted your comments on our food pricing and rest assured that I will look into this with our Chef.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I look forward to your return real soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The place is first of all gorgeous. Modern, lush, and relaxing. The private pool is a great treat, no reason to go to the beach and there was a mini kitchen area where we cooked dinner, with almost all the basic utensils that you need provided. The beds were comfortable and the toilets very clean with really nice toiletries provided.

The staff are very polite and accommodating and for Batam island, which is usually known for being seedy. This is one place to just escape it all.

The room service for food was good, but slightly pricey. But I guess this is expected. The desserts, Coconut creme brulee and sago melaka was amazing. The fried rice and chicken wings that we ordered however was nothing to scream about. Similarly, so was the breakfast buffet, the food tasted like it had been sitting there for a while. The pastries were slightly tasteless. I think I have been to other resorts for cheaper which had a better breakfast spread.
Either way, the best thing to do is to stock up on food as there are no eateries nearby. Also, the buggy service was not too bad, but was really late when we needed it the most.

If you need a weekend where all you plan to do is float in the pool and just in general not move much. This is an amazing place to break away from reality.

Also, I think one villa holds 5 people, there was some dispute for an additional person staying that cost us another SGD$100 more. Which in the end I thought was reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
I am grateful for sharing your experience with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our services with us. I am thankful for your comments on our food and buggy service which we will strive to improve upon.

I sincerely look forward to your return in the near future.

Thank you once again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A fantastic getaway for a long weekend! It's so close to Singapore (30 minute ferry ride) but you can even see the Singapore skyline in the distance! We travelled to Montigo with fiends and wash perfect place for kids! The private pools are wonderful and the sunset each evening is just incredible! We stayed in a beachfront villa which had uninterrupted views of the sunset.

Room Tip: The beachfront villas are best