“Montigo Resorts Nongsa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
“Montigo Resorts Nongsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Didn't feel like we were in Batam.

Service - Overall, warm & polite service from staff. Except that we waited a tad too long for the villa after check-in, and the buggy service could be improved. Called 3 times & waited almost 30 minutes for pick-up to breakfast room and called 2 times waited 15 minutes for pick-up to reception for check-out.
Value - The villa have 2 rooms, sharing with friends would be ideal.
Location - Transfer from ferry port is provided, less than 10 minutes drive.
Rooms - Beautiful!
Restaurant - In-villa BBQ was nice but not value for money. Breakfast spread can be improved, need wider selections.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued comments.

I have shared the improvements you have suggested with my team so that we can continously look into improving our service standards at our resort. We are also focusing on training so that our staff would be able to deliver service standards that exceed our guests' expectation.

I hope that our team and I would have another opportunity to serve you in our resort in the very near future.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I visited Montigo with my boyfriend. Checked-in was so slow. The front desk didn't inform us about the facilities in Montigo. After checking-in the driver took us to our villa. The villa was big and had a pool. But the sofa was so dirty. The cutleries also dirty. We liked the master bedroom. It's large.

Lunch time, we decided to have lunch in tadds. Lack of variaties of the food. Very tasteless. But we like the bread. The restaurant was large. It's near the pool and the beach, very nice view. We liked the beverage we ordered, cocogo was the best.

Dinner we ate at Pantai. Alot of variaties of food. The waiter recomended us to have seafood noodle and the fish with nyonya sauce. He said that those are very nice and the fish with nyonya sauce is the chef specialty. He also said that the fish with nyonya sauce is the icon of the pantai restaurant. Just like Merlion and singapore. He is so funny and very cheerful. He is right. The food he recomended were yummy. Me and my boyfriend liked very much.
But the restaurant was dark outside.

Overall, the hotel must be improved.

• Stayed June 2012
I have read with concern on your experience with your arrival and rest assured that I will work with our Front Office Leadership to ensure that we look into these lapses. I have also shared your feedback on our all day dining restaurant with our Chef for the same purpose.

On the same note, I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at our seafood restaurant, Pantai.

I hope that you will indulge this occassion on our lapses and return soon to our resort to see our improvements and the new services that we are set to launch shortly..

Thank you very much.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in a beachfront villa - this was a joke as the property does not have a beach right now (something they didn't tell us when we made our booking)! The villas were nice though could have been cleaner (I found strands of hair on the couch when we walked into the villa). Now for the good part - the pool is fabulous, as is the roof top where you can have a nice BBQ. We went as a couple and didn't end up using the 2nd bedroom but it was still worth it. Breakfast is great with a good spread on weekdays and Saturday - Sunday it turns into a buffet to cater to the horde of Singaporeans descending for a weekend break. Food at Pantai was fantastic too. As an additional plus we had free wifi and villas come with Wii consoles for an added distraction. Beachfront villas have beautiful sunset views and its lovely to have dinner on the table near the pool while watching the sun go down. Staff are great and couldn't be more helpful. Avoid Sundays if possible to get a more personal experience when the resort is less crowded. Worth a visit, but I'll wait till the beach and the rest of it is done before visiting again.

• Stayed April 2013
My appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I must apologize for the lapses especially on the cleanliness and have shared this with our operational leaders with a view on improvement.

However, I also noted that you enjoyed the remaining services that we offer and the villa. We are nearing the completion of our beach club which is going to be very exciting and I hope that you will be back soon to experience this new addition to our resort.

Thank you once again and I look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in Montigo late March this year with 2 of my girlfriends. The room we had was 'Wow' you have to stay here to experience it. As the place is still on renovation, so of course you will find insects accompanying you in the evening especially at pool area. However, you need not have to worry as the room is well equipped with insect repelent & lotion.
We did not opt for Private BBQ dinner instead we ordered room service. I had a burger which was delicious my girlfriends ordered nasi goreng which was 'ok' and the parmesan fries nothing near it!
We had American set for breakfast, I cant comment much on breakfast as the restaurant was not fully open i guess because only set breakfast were offered.
The buggy service could be more effective, we have to wait alomost 15mins to be picked up from breakfast place to our room.
Overall the room,location,food are excellent! I will return for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments on our resort. I am glad that you enjoyed our villa and our food.

I would also like to apologize for our lapses like the delayed buggy pick up service and rest assured that I will work with our operational leaders to improve on this.

I look forward to your return real soon.

Thank you once again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm still staying at Montigo Resorts, Nongsa as I'm writing this review. Many turn of events that prompt me to write this now.

1) Late pickup from airport - Had to wait for close to 15 mins before our chauffeur arrives.
2) Check In - was told we will be charged in Rupiah when paying by card, even though our booking confirmation stated the full amount we had to pay in SGD. This will result in us paying abt 4-5% more due to credit card fees and exchange conversion.
Typically when u book online. They will show u 2 rates: SGD/IDR. Whatever rate u see, will be the final rate you pay in that currency.
Upon check-in, the IDR rate they charged resulted in us paying more than our initial SGD rate. Reasoned out with them and there was nothing they could do. Only said it is the credit card policy.

3) Waiting for room - Had to wait 2.5 hours for our room. We arrived at the hotel abt 12pm. They said our room's previous guest just checked out and they will try to expedite the cleaning, whilst we have our lunch at the restaurant. 2.5 hrs later and 2 times of us calling the reception to check, our room was FINALLY ready. I wonder how long it will take if they had not expedite the cleaning of our room.

4) Room cleanliness - Floor obviously not mopped. Can see stains on the living room floor. Toilet bowl had stains. Given that this villa is barely a year old, it's shocking to see wear and tear throughout the hotel premises. White sofa has stains, could tell most of the furnishings were of low quality. It rained several times during our stay and water could seep in through the wall gaps and windows, toilet ceiling as well.

5) Food - Only 1 restaurant within the villa. Menu selection is little as well. Worst thing of all, the in room dining selection is just a smaller extension from the restaurant. Total lack of variety. It is only our 1st day here and I'm already sick of the food here. Doesn't help that their in villa BBQ is super pricey and they charge $100 for a one-time setup fee.
We ordered a beef rending and chicken curry and portion was horrendously small. Only 3 pieces each, and cost us almost SGD$30 each.

6) Buffet Breakfast - ONLY AVAILABLE IF THERE'S HIGH OCCUPANCY! What rubbish! First time I hear of this clause. Best of all, this was not made known upon booking nor check in. We were still informed that breakfast will be served from 6-10am. We purposely woke up earlier cos of rave reviews we heard abt their Bfast, only to be told we can only select from 1 out of their 4 breakfast menu. Serving was small and definitely feel cheated having paid the same amount. Called for the Manager and he allowed for us to order whatever we want from the menu. However, we din feel the sincerity and any form of apologies from the hotel and staff. No prompt top up of coffee and juices, despite an almost empty restaurant. I even had to get my own juice from the counter (even though it was not a buffet).

7) Insects! Loads of them! Huge flying ants that is attracted to the light at night, and tend to drop their wings off. Woke up on our last day after a heavy rain at night to find a whole stairway and floor full of insect wings ! Gross !

Overall really disappointing 1st day. Not exactly looking fwd to meal times cos of the lousy selection. Breakfast was something I initially looked fwd to cos of the lousy in room dining. But now, not anymore.

Would I recommend this place? Nope, only if you have no where else to go nearby.

• Stayed April 2013
My sincere apologies for being unable to deliver a level of service that is acceptable.

I would like to speak with you to garner more details so that I can work on improvements for any lapses that we may have.

Could I trouble you to call me, at your convenience, through +627787768888.

I look forward to speaking you. Once again, please accept my apologies.

Batam, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Staff is very helpful
Unit 58 is a good villa for us even when c/in the aircond is not cold in small room on 2nd floor. The villa is a big villa for 4 pax ! Beware of ant,,,,,,near the microwave and table near swimming pool area !!!! NO Liquid soap and sponge for cleaning the kitchen utensil........
Swimming Pool area need to clean and change the water
Breakfast is okay but the staff (waiter & waitress) need concentrate and focus on their guest, not making a small group for chit-chat......!!!

Last not but least,,,,,panorama from the Roof Top is a Plus from this resort....

For Local People Like me,,,,,,bring snack and food for kids is a must because the hotel food is expensive and the hotel location is appr. 20km from Nagoya (Town)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to live up to your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with our operational leaders in order for us to work on improving our service standards.

I hope that you will indulge us this occassion and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The resort was new-ish when we were there last November so their restaurants weren't opened yet. Neither was the beach front ready. The resort is isolated thus no other establishment is nearby - this meant that we had to bring in food or eat at the only cafe that was open at the resort.

Anyway, property is fairly well kept and the villas are clean and comfortable. View from the roof top is amazing! The rooms are air-conditioned and has the standard stuff like hairdryer, toiletries etc. The master bedroom is big and has a huge bathroom that comes with a tub and standalone shower stall. The other bedroom was comparatively small and cosy with a smaller bathroom (without tub).

The corridors were non air-conditioned and we've had some insects come join our party. On one night when we left the balcony door opened, a tiny bat flew in to say hi too! It's not too bad.

Oh there's also a pool in the villa just at the balcony. We didn't use the pool as it rained and the water didnt look clean. There were workers that came by the pool from the outside early in the morning as well - this didnt make us feel safe using the pool as well. But this shouldnt be a problem once the resort is ready for their official opening.

All in all a nice property in Batam, a really good addition to the hotels they have on the island that is not really even near 4-star standard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have also taken note of the inconveniences like the insects and the bat and have shared this our Executive Housekeeper and will work with him to ensure improvements so that our guests have an uninterrupted and enjoyable stay with us.

My team and I look forward to your return soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!