I'm still staying at Montigo Resorts, Nongsa as I'm writing this review. Many turn of events that prompt me to write this now.
1) Late pickup from airport - Had to wait for close to 15 mins before our chauffeur arrives.
2) Check In - was told we will be charged in Rupiah when paying by card, even though our booking confirmation stated the full amount we had to pay in SGD. This will result in us paying abt 4-5% more due to credit card fees and exchange conversion.
Typically when u book online. They will show u 2 rates: SGD/IDR. Whatever rate u see, will be the final rate you pay in that currency.
Upon check-in, the IDR rate they charged resulted in us paying more than our initial SGD rate. Reasoned out with them and there was nothing they could do. Only said it is the credit card policy.
3) Waiting for room - Had to wait 2.5 hours for our room. We arrived at the hotel abt 12pm. They said our room's previous guest just checked out and they will try to expedite the cleaning, whilst we have our lunch at the restaurant. 2.5 hrs later and 2 times of us calling the reception to check, our room was FINALLY ready. I wonder how long it will take if they had not expedite the cleaning of our room.
4) Room cleanliness - Floor obviously not mopped. Can see stains on the living room floor. Toilet bowl had stains. Given that this villa is barely a year old, it's shocking to see wear and tear throughout the hotel premises. White sofa has stains, could tell most of the furnishings were of low quality. It rained several times during our stay and water could seep in through the wall gaps and windows, toilet ceiling as well.
5) Food - Only 1 restaurant within the villa. Menu selection is little as well. Worst thing of all, the in room dining selection is just a smaller extension from the restaurant. Total lack of variety. It is only our 1st day here and I'm already sick of the food here. Doesn't help that their in villa BBQ is super pricey and they charge $100 for a one-time setup fee.
We ordered a beef rending and chicken curry and portion was horrendously small. Only 3 pieces each, and cost us almost SGD$30 each.
6) Buffet Breakfast - ONLY AVAILABLE IF THERE'S HIGH OCCUPANCY! What rubbish! First time I hear of this clause. Best of all, this was not made known upon booking nor check in. We were still informed that breakfast will be served from 6-10am. We purposely woke up earlier cos of rave reviews we heard abt their Bfast, only to be told we can only select from 1 out of their 4 breakfast menu. Serving was small and definitely feel cheated having paid the same amount. Called for the Manager and he allowed for us to order whatever we want from the menu. However, we din feel the sincerity and any form of apologies from the hotel and staff. No prompt top up of coffee and juices, despite an almost empty restaurant. I even had to get my own juice from the counter (even though it was not a buffet).
7) Insects! Loads of them! Huge flying ants that is attracted to the light at night, and tend to drop their wings off. Woke up on our last day after a heavy rain at night to find a whole stairway and floor full of insect wings ! Gross !
Overall really disappointing 1st day. Not exactly looking fwd to meal times cos of the lousy selection. Breakfast was something I initially looked fwd to cos of the lousy in room dining. But now, not anymore.
Would I recommend this place? Nope, only if you have no where else to go nearby.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, AsiaRooms, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Montigo Resorts Nongsa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montigo Resorts Nongsa Batam