“A letdown property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
Singapore, Singapore
“A letdown property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We saw the pictures and asked if they are for real. True enough, when one first visited the property, one would be very impressed with the hardware. It's really pretty, as the pictures shown on the web. But the software still has some way to go. It took us more than an hour to get checked-in, rare for a luxurious property like this (we were there from 3pm, their local time). That was already a poor impression. When we asked for BBQ dinner to be arranged at our villas, they told us that they were already full and could not accommodate our request. We asked about the restaurant and confirmed that there would not be any surcharges and that we would go for the ala-carte instead of the buffet. But when we were at the restaurant, we were told otherwise. It was after much 'haggling' that we were allowed the ala- carte. One can imagine what sort of holidays this has turned out to be. The fortunate part was that the food served were of good standard that saved the day. And when we returned to villas, the duty manager came to apologies for their slowness in checking in this afternoon. A least they tried on the service recovery.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for spending time in sharing your feedback on your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for us in not living up to your expectations. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared and discussed with our Executive Team for improvement in our service standards.

Steps have been put in place since your last stay to improve on our standards and I hope that you will return to see these improvements.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to your return in the very near future.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed for 1 night at the beach front villa. The beach was so-so. Nothing fantastic. Can save the dollars for a hilltop villa.

Rooms:
The decor of the entire villa is modern. There was much emphasis to the decor and the quality of the furnishings. It is really a huge pity that the maintenance team could not maintain the furnishings.

The villa has 3 levels, living on level 1, rooms on level 2, chillax place outdoors on level 3. There are 2 rooms, one with king and the other with 2 super singles. Can accommodate 5 adults & 1 kid.

The sofa was stained badly. Even the non-white ones. We had to lay blankets over the sofa as it was really dirty. The rooms were nice though. Very modern, huge and posh. Toilet was huge with Grohe's taps and showers. The living room is equipped with Wii , bluejay player & Bang & Olufsen's player which was really dope!

Cleanliness:
The living toilet was not cleaned well. There were urine stains on the toilet bowl! I think housekeeping missed out one bowl. The bed sheets had rust stains on it! :( the floor was also dirty. Tiles were stained and minibar was dirty !(see pics). But I reckon the tiles was becuz of the rain & water seepage.

Service:
Staff were attentive and polite.. However, they will NEVER lend you a bottle opener. U will have to call them whenever you want to open a bottle! Oh btw snacks and soft drinks are on the house.

Food:
They had a wide selection for breakfast. Even tho u guys gotta watch out for the birds which come n steal the food! The calamari with mango is super yum!

Facilities:
We came during the soft launch period. In april. There was practically nth to do. No water sports, just the pool. No bar, nth. Except Wii & a poor selection of DVDs!! So it's kinda like a do nothing trip. Bring your own chips & booze becuz they do not have convenience stores.

• Stayed April 2013
I am grateful for your valuable feedback.

Your feedback was discussed in details with my operational team Heads and we will strive to ensure improvements in our maintenance. I have also discussed this in length with our housekeeping team and rest assured that it is being looked into with a view on improvements.

Though we are in our soft opening stage, we have already since introduced several activities for our guests to enjoy during their stay such as bicycle trails, tennis, cooking classes, kampong trail etc. We are also looking at increasing our DVD and Wii Games library.

We are also in the continuous process of offering more facilities to our guests as they fall ready.

I sincerely hope that you indulge us this occassion and return to see the improvements I have mentioned about.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed thoroughly my spa experience at Montigo. I had a "villa" fronting the beach and it felt fabulous - imagine the wide expanse of ocean right in front of you, and the soothing sounds of waves lapping against the shore - perfect setting for a relaxing spa.
And there were nice little touches of tradition in the spa villa, the flowers, the straw slippers - the attention to details assured me of the premium that Montigo puts on delivering the best service to guests.
Definitely worth another visit.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am truly glad that you enjoyed our spa and your stay. We spend time obtaining feedback from our guests to look at ways to improve and provide what our guests need to enjoy a memorable stay and feedback such as yours assist us in this quest.

Thank you once again and I look foward to your return to our resort real soon.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked this last minute for a night away over Easter. I can hardly believe I am writing this review but my experience at Montigo resort was so disappointing. The Villa was very dirty - bathroom, floors, windows and furnishings all stained/soiled. Huge ant infestation in particular in the master bathroom and stairs area. Lots of litter collecting and visible in hard to reach areas.

While this hotel has won "multiple awards' they are all property/ building awards rather than hospitality awards and if the judges actually visited the facility I doubt they would have won any award as the quality of workmanship is very poor. Open 8 months the buildings have deteriorated very quickly with windows not closing, walls and floors all white and stained, doors not working properly and the list goes on.

Advertised as a "soft opening", they don't advise that it is still a construction site with lots of construction noise all day long. This is definitely not a five star facility and indeed in it's current state would struggle to get any star.

However, the staff did take the complaints with a smile and were always ever so polite but sadly made no attempt to resolve the situation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to provide a memorable stay. Though we are in the soft opening stage, we take the comfort of all our guests seriously.

I read with concern your experience and am keen to speak with you with a view to conduct further investigation to ensure no recurrence.

I will greatly appreciate if you could get in touch with me at your earliest opportunity through +627787768888.

I wish to thank you in advance and look forward to speaking with you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Montigo is the perfect weekend getaway. It's practically just a hop away from Singapore and no hassle to get there compared to driving to Malaysia. On top of that, if you want to feel like a million dollars - opt to be whisked away on Montigo's own yacht (for just a small fare of about $100 for a return trip.)
I was surprised that one can enjoy such modern resort luxury here in Batam. The room rates are reasonable considering the spaciousness and amenities of the villas. My villa has its own small pool overlooking the beach front. But the most impressive is the villa's rooftop terrace with its expansive view - designed in the cool elegance of stunning pristine white. For a brief moment I felt like I was transported to a Mediterranean villa somewhere in Greece!
I would recommend that you check out the resort's private barbecue dinner service in the villa. You can choose to have it set up either at the poolside or rooftop terrace for either a big party or a small sit-down dinner. I was impressed that the hotel staff took great efforts to create a cosy ambience for my rooftop dining experience. We had our personal chef and service staff to see to our needs - they were attentive yet unobstrusive.
I was at Montigo for the Easter weekend. Even though the resort was fully booked, I didn't feel like it was overrun by guests. That's because the resort grounds are sprawling and the villas designed for privacy. We were met with genuine warmth and ready smiles of the hotel staff everywhere we went, even though it was a busy season.
More facilities are slated for completion this June.
I've read the other reviews on Montigo but I feel these are unjustified. Montigo is an under-discovered gem. I think it has much to offer as a destination resort. Highly recommended without a doubt.

• Stayed March 2013
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am very happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort, our staff and our services.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed our in-villa BBQ which is gaining popularity amongst our guests.

I am working with my team to provide more enhanced services to our guests so that there is much more to do when you return to stay with us.

Once again, my sincere thanks for taking the time to shared your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

VILLA - PRO: Villa is huge. Beds were very comfortable. Nice towels. Kids loved the villa pool. CON: Too difficult for housekeeping to keep clean due to size, furnishings, and construction material. Montigo trying to be modern so walls and seating area are white - so dirty and kind of gross. Sofa in the master bedroom had blood stains on them (Villa #56). Few things didn't work, like ceiling fan in second bedroom, motorized blind on the third floor etc... Spiders and ants everywhere. Floors were so dirty. Had to request minibar price list, new batteries for the WII controller, and dish detergent to wash coffee cups which were stored away in the cabinet even when they were dirty and obviously stained with coffee from previous villa guest.

AMENITIES - PRO: Pool is nice and Kid Club is great. CON: Lots of stuff still under construction. No fitness center. Didn't bother with the spa.

RESTAURANTS - PRO: The food at TADD'S restaurant is excellent and the prices are reasonable (excellent value). The wait staff is friendly and try hard to please. CON: It took so long for us to get our food after placing an order. Even when we were the only guests in TADD'S, we would have to wait around 20-25 minutes to get our food. Even the kids noticed that the food took a long time to get to the table. After reviewing the menu at the other seafood restaurant, we decided not to eat there cause we thought the prices were just too expensive.

STAFF - PRO: Very friendly. CON: Young staff, maybe not too experienced in the hotel and hospitality industry. Slow pace.

LOCATION - PRO: Site is beautiful and view is amazing. Short ride from ferry terminal. CON: Beach is not swimmable.

OVERALL: The villas are so spacious but just too dirty and already has the look of being run down even though the place is less than a year old. Good for short stays and hanging around the villa for swimming in the pool. My husband and kids could overlook the issues in the villas and were pleased. I, on the other hand, was too grossed out at how dirty everything was that I couldn't enjoy myself in the villa. I refused to sit on the sofas, made sure I washed any cups or dishes before I used them, and kept telling the kids not to sit or lay on the bare floors. We will not return to Montigo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to provide a relaxing stay.

I have taken note of all your comments and have sat down with the related operational heads to review and improve upon our services.

I am anxious to get in touch with you and would sincerely appreciate if you could call me at +627787768888, at your convenience.

I look forward to speaking with you real soon. Thank you

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just returned from a wonderful 3d/2n stay at the Montigo Resort Nongsa. Upon arrival we were met by the lovely resort staff with ice cold towels and cool lemon tea. We were quickly transported via buggy to our private Spa Villa for check-in. Villa #95 was breathtaking & offered a majestic view of the sea from each of it's three levels; including the private pool and our private tiki hut. I loved the minimalist cream canvas, wood finishes and clean lines; everything was comfortable and elegant. A welcoming bottle of wine and an assortment of unique bites set the tone for the weekend. Our stay was marked by a variety of food choices from the two onsite dining options; can't say enough about the "Coconut Creme Brûlée" -- WOW!
While my partner enjoyed the golf, I reveled in the spa. Of the treatments I received (Sunday: 90 min massage, ginger scrub, 90 min reflexology and Monday: 60 min reflexology) the foot treatments were superior to any I have ever had, and I have had many.

We had a great stay. Before leaving the resort I began scouring my calendar for a date when we can return in April.

The only downside was the ongoing and somewhat noisy construction, but I can't wait to see the resort when it is completed; I'm sure I will be happy to give them 5-stars.

Room Tip: Top up for the Spa Villa, it's worth it!