“Satisfactory, can be better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Save Saved
You added Montigo Resorts Nongsa to your Saves list
Montigo Resorts Nongsa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Jalan Hang Lekir, Nongsa, Riau Islands Province 29411, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nongsa
singapore
“Satisfactory, can be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went in a group of 4 last weekend. Overall, we are satisfied, but it can be better.

The ferry ride from Singapore Tanan Merah Ferry Terminal is about 35mins. After alighting at the terminal, you have to look out for the staff from the resort. Transport is provided to pick u up. We were lucky to be fetched in a car.

The check in time is 3pm sharp, no earlier. We arrived on Friday about 1pm (batam time) , and according to the reception, there is available room, but they need to "check" the room first. So we waited at the reception for more than an 1hr, still no room, then we proceed to have lunch at the restaurant. A little after 3pm, we were told room is ready. So, I suggest that you reach later in the afternoon, to avoid long wait to check in. We were also lucky to have a free upgrade to a spa villa, what a pleasant surprise :)

The villa is huge. The private pool is quite big, about 7.5m in length? Living room is huge and spacious. The master bed room is spacious, bathroom is big. 2nd bed room is comfortable with 2 single bed. All room has TV. The villa is new and clean. We also noticed two doors that are locked on the ground level. The staff said as there were only 4 of us, so there is no need to open the additional 2 rooms. Not sure what is inside.

On the first day, the aircon broke down, it was so noisy that we had to turn it off. The engineer came quickly to fix it. It became much cooler but still noisy. So we called the engineer in again. It was already quite late in the night but we didnt have to wait long for the engineer to come over. Good job here.

The breakfast is Ok. Food is also Ok, not bad. We ordered the in villa BBQ, the staff would bring a BBQ pit to the villa and cook for you. Was an interesting experience, but we just find it a little expensive.

The staff there are nice, friendly and very helpful. We want to thank Yayan for being extremely helpful.

Only thing we do not like is that there is almost nothing to do there, although there is a wii console in the living room. The main pool is quite small. Maybe the resort can add more activities. There is a bus to take you out to Nagoya city every morning at 10am, the resort is quite far away from the city, about 20mins bus ride.

Overall a nice place with helpful, friendly staff.

Another thing that is not related to the resort is that, the ferry is too small. On the way back, the ferry is overloaded. People had to stand in the boat!

And do remember to confirm your return ferry ticket with the reception in advanced!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback

I am delighted on one hand that you enjoyed your stay and our staff like Yayan was at hand to render assistance.

On the other hand, i wish to apologize for the issue with the aircon and rest assured that I will look into this. I am also working with our recreation team to provide more services to our guests above the current offerings of fishing, cycling, tennis, kampong trail and cooking lessons. We have also tied up with a local operator to provide ATV and sea sports activities for our guests.

I hope that you indulge us this occasion and return to stay with us soon.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

It's a very very nice place to stay. Right from the main lobby, every staff we met are very friendly and helpful. We had a nice welcome drink and a quick check in. The buggy came within 2 minutes and the driver brought us to our hill view villa. The villa is clean and perfect. The rooms are spacious, beds and pillows are very comfortable. The villa is equipped with microwave, pots and pans and electric cooker for those who like to dish up own specities in the villa. Toiletries included the usual ones and also Listerine as a pleasant surprise. Weighing machine can also be found in the Master Bedroom toilet. 2 hair dryers are available in the villa. 2 iPod players (1 in living room the other in the master bedroom)

As the whole resort is big, we need to call frontdesk for the buggy ride. The wait wasn't very long, within 2 mins, at most 5mins, the buggy driver rang our doorbell and we are ready to explore. Breakfast served is pretty good too. Fresh bread and croissants are yummy. There's nothing much to complain about except it's a bit far off the city. But we get to enjoy the quieter part of Batam.

It's a very wonderful experience there and i will definitely want to go there.

Room Tip: We booked hill-view and still able to see the sea and higher than the sea view villas and so, no muc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff made your stay a memorable one.

I hope that you will return to visit us again real soon.

I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

smiley811
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked the hilltop villa during their promotional period. A 3D2N stay only costs me around S$660 and I must say it was very well-spent.

Albeit nothing much to do in the villa itself (cos it's still undergoing construction), my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We kept ourselves occupied with the free WiFi access and the Wii games. Private pool allows us to dip into it as and when we feel like it. Cans of soft drinks and mineral water were all complimentary and we absolutely laze around in the villa, relaxing.

When doing nothing gets a bit too boring, we took their complimentary shuttle out to town for shopping. I thought I would have to squeeze with others in a mini bus but no I was wrong. A Toyato Wish came and the journey was very smooth and comfortable.

Note: The complimentary shuttle is only available at 10am daily and if you wanna take their complimentary shuttle back to hotel, you will have to wait till 4pm. If you think 6 hours of shopping is too long, that's when you are wrong.

Considering the time taken to reach the shopping area, you have only about 5 hours left to shop. If you want some cheap massage, that's another 90 minutes gone. So theoretically speaking, you are only left with 3.5 hours to shop and eat.

Anyway, back to the resort. Below are the pros and cons in our opinion.

Pros:
(1) Extremely friendly staff.
All of them have a smile on their faces. When we took a morning walk down to the restaurant and back to our villa, we encountered many staff on bungy. All of them greeted us when they drove past us. We said like at least 10x of 'good morning' in one morning. Lovely!

(2) Extremely helpful staff.
In continuation of the above point, the staff in bungy always offer to give us a ride to our destination for which we kindly decline. The resort is big but it's not tough to walk around actually. A walk from the lobby to the restaurant takes about 20 minutes. My husband and I prefer to walk and enjoy the scenery.

(3) Food
DELICIOUS! It's on the high side but what do you expect ya... it's a resort!

(4) Villa pool
Love it to bits. I consider the pool to be very clean but the handles where we used to pull ourselves up from the pool needs re-constuction. It's way too low. I couldn't possibly lift myself up from the pool. My husband would have to give me a push from behind.

(5) Indoor entertainment
There's Wii, free WiFi, DVDs, many different channels on TV, you will never be bored.

Cons:
(1) Bed and pillow way too soft for me.

(2) Montigo resort is supposed to be new but unfortunately, many things inside the villa are in bad shape. The sofa in the living room is no longer white. The mirror in our bedroom is cracked. The seats at the roof terrace are all turning yellowish brown.

Note: If you find the massage service rendered by Montigo is too expensive, head down to the shopping malls outside. I had a 90 minutes full body massage for IRD 70,000. That's less than S$10 and it was shiok (meaning extremely good).

I would definitely bring my kids over the next time, when there's another promotion. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am truly delighted that your husband and you had a very relaxing stay with us.

I am happy that our staff were friendly and offered assistance and you enjoyed our food and our pool amongst others.

I have also taken note of the suggestions for improvements which I will work together with my team on I am confident that you will see the improvements on your next visit.

I look forward to your return visit soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

It's a very clean and relaxed place with nice staff and pretty tasty food- but they should get a bigger boat. They should also have activities for example........ Electric scooter and electric bikes.... Ziplines And a bar otherwise montigo resorts is awesome

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am working with our development team to ensure that our services like our TIIGO Bar will come online at the earliest opportunity. Though we offer recreational activities like Cycling, Kampong Trail, Fishing etc currently, we are also working with our team to work on more offerings in the very near future.

I am confident that you will be delighted to see the changes upon your next visit in the very near future.

Looking foward to welcoming you back.

VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Pro: We had a great get away. The site is gorgeous. The villas is huge. The private pools are fun. The spa is well laid out and the massage was fantastic. Spa has a small library you can borrow from. Front desk has some DVDs too. The villa has Wii to keep the younger ones occupied. The place is 5 min drive from the ferry terminal. Beds were clean and comfortable. The roof top terrace of each villa has phenomenal views.

Con: The service is super slow (so I ordered ice and I am back home and still no ice !). That said the service folks are friendly and the cook even rustled up a special veggie dish for us.
There is construction going on on both sides of the property so make sure you ask for a room where you are not looking at the construction. Also being surrounded by greenery etc there are some ants around only on the ground floor but not enough to be a nuisance. The fridge could be more cold. The bathroom door can creak very loudly. If you are taking kids remember to take pool toys because they don't have any. The roof top sitting mats were all wet and so even on a sunny day we had to wait very long to be able to use them. The steps inside get rain water and so be super careful as to not slip.

Bottom line: As the title said, the place is a work in progress. Once the kids club and the new beach club opens it is going to be a fantastic place. Hopefully the service speed will also be faster by then. Overall I would recommend it provided you are not super fussy.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the main pool so it is easy to go down and also close to the main restaurant...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments on our resort and our friendly staff.

I truly apologize for the lapses you have highlighted and rest assured that I will work with my team to ensure an improvement in our service standards.

I look forward to your return especially for your kids to enjoy our new Kids Club and its related activities.

Thank you once again.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

To be frank after reading the earlier reviews, I am quite hesitant about this trip. A coin have 2 sides so just take all reviews with a pinch of salt.

We spent our holiday celebrating CNY eve over there and I expected it to be crowded but thankfully there wasn't alot of people. The crowd started coming in on CNY Day 1 onwards. That makes a difference as the staffs are able to give a better attention when the crowd is not around. Thus the resort needs to take note how to handle the crowd during peak season.

Like what others said, the place is beautiful and at a closer look there were dirts and some furnishings are not in good condition. The place is huge and maintenance is quite a challenge here. The things i experienced
1) Master bedroom aircon - off and on by itself. Good thing there was a fan
2) Ants in the Master bedroom
3) Stains on the white sofa.
4) The kitchen floor was "flooded" as the rain had seeped in from the outside. (How did this even happen?)
5) Room was dusty (my hubby had sensitive nose) and i guess it was dusty because no one stayed in the villa for awhile until we came in.

The good things about the trip
> Excellent customer service. I have to say we are very well taken care of. Recep Staff is doing a good job and we also ordered a in villa BBQ. Pricey but the service was good.

Regards to the stained furnishings reported by others, other than the poor maintenance by the resort, i felt that as guest using the place should take good care of things too. If we have dirtied the sofa example, we should at least do some minimum cleaning up and not just let the stain sit and making it harder for the resort to clean afterwards. Just my 2 cents of worth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I have taken note of the issues that you have highlighted and have discussed this with our operational leadership with a view to improve on our service standards.

I wish to also thank you for your kind comments on our staff and our service.

We look forward to your return soon.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm writing this review while waiting for lunch to be delivered to our villa#37. Ordered mee goreng and spring rolls, at a mark up of the restaurant menu price.

It is raining. It has been raining since breakfast, which we had in the restaurant (breakfast in the villa is chargeable)
It is very cool, and we have been lounging in the spacious living area/ balcony facing the calm horizon, with singapore's identifiable skyline in the distance.

We enjoyed our room service lunch on the half flooded balcony. In the noon light now, I can clearly see that even though this hotel is new (now in prelaunch), the floor tiles are stained and the white seat covers equally not pristine. The white bath towels we rolled out over the sofa last night appear unevenly soiled and greyed, even though they smell laundered.

Yesterday, we arrived at 5pm, after waiting more than half hour at the terminal after clearing customs. we had to wait for all 26 guests to clear customs and assemble before we were herded up a mini bus. Took us but a10min ride to the resort grounds. Check in was swift. But we would have been less sulky if we were driven in in smaller vehicles, so that we didn't have to feel like we were hindered as if in a tour group. So that we would feel the resort's bold "luxury" claim and pricing from the start.

The rows of mediterranean styled three storey villas look impressive From any angle. It's very spacious for a couple like us. Probably better utilised by a family. There are after all two bedrooms, an open rooftop, a cooking area.

My husband just announced that the roof is leaking into the master bathroom toilet and our floor mats are soaked.

Looks like finishing isn't this resort's forte. Btw in the dim light last night I noted what I thought was fungal growth on the wooden tv console in the master.
But My husband blew off the 'mushrooms' which turned out to be powdery excretions by termites! Shudder.

Despite being disappointed by (1) The DVD player not being able to run the DVDs we brought (different region!! But you can borrow from 30 titles from the reception, n there's cable entertainment and wii console) (2) The foc wifi not allowing me to surf on google and facebook on my ipad, only on our iphones (3) the master bedroom aircon chugging like a ten year old condenser, we enjoyed our one hour Indonesian massage at a reasonable sgd100 each.

Also, we appreciated that the staff seem genuinely keen and helpful. My prawn and chicken sate was undercooked last night. I gave feedback, showing the manager the raw parts I had spit out. He promptly offered a replacement. But I was full. He arranged for a complimentary dessert, which we politely declined. The sate charges were removed from the bill. Thankfully too, I have not taken ill from the raw bits I might have consumed.

We had chosen montigo over banyan tree bintan (to save sgd200/ night..montigo sgd445 vs banyan us$500). However, we would have have probably experienced the same or better in sentosa onedegree15 or The Sentosa (save time, save money, eat better, contribute to my own country) or even one of bintan's better resorts, for a quick escape from Singapore over Chinese New Year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloysius M, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Nongsa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experince.

Please accept my apologies for the lapse in our service standards of cleanliness and food quality which I have addressed with my team. I have also taken note of your suggestions.

Rest assured that each of our guests' feedback is shared with our team so as to ensure a continuous exercise of improvement with a genuine desire to deliver a delightful stay for our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that I could meet you in the resort in the near future.

Montigo Resorts Nongsa

Been to Montigo Resorts Nongsa? Share your experiences!